The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

4 hours ago, JustMark said:

UKARA finally sorted and tri-shot spring shotgun arrived :)  Looks pretty snazzy, pump feels pretty stiff.  I'll give it a little test later on today in the garden, hopefully it's somewhat accurate.  Looking forward to taking it out on Sunday.
image.thumb.jpeg.a92de9f9d59c5655aa44cb6f3114eb6e.jpeg

Nice, I have just ordered a cyma tri-shot myself as a backup gun.

My first cyma shotty still going strong year's later.

38 minutes ago, GothicGhost said:

Nice, I have just ordered a cyma tri-shot myself as a backup gun.

My first cyma shotty still going strong year's later.

Good to hear they're pretty robust. I just tried it out and it's so much fun 😀

I couldn't get my chronograph to do anything sensible though, is there a trick to dealing with tri-shots and chrono?

• Supporters
43 minutes ago, JustMark said:

Good to hear they're pretty robust. I just tried it out and it's so much fun 😀

I couldn't get my chronograph to do anything sensible though, is there a trick to dealing with tri-shots and chrono?

Most places don't bother chrono testing spring tri-shots but you could try loading a shell with one BB.

17 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Most places don't bother chrono testing spring tri-shots but you could try loading a shell with one BB.

Good shout, infact it was me being a numpty with the chrono that was really at fault..

Single .25 went through at 313 FPS so I suppose it depends how the site deal with them as you say 

Cheers

Ordered some reliable TM VZ61 magazines to use with my JG VZ61 which performed awesomely on my last skirmish day (apart from the mags randomly double feeding) and some viper vx gear arrived so it all matches my russian kit as my 6SH117 vest couldnt fit any VZ61 mags and I want something alot more lightweight!

20230401_171541.jpg

Edited by Johndaniel4863

4 minutes ago, RecsPowerCode said:

Just bought a WE M14EBR, spent half a month searching for it and finally got it.

Pic? Love mine. Just sold my other WE M14 

After about 3 months of panicking that I'd be out of work this week, I got a new contract.  So 2 days later I bought another gun ;)
It's a Classic Army Scarab ABR
Just a boneyard special from Action Hobbies but I do have to say it's rather splendid so far...

image.thumb.png.b5b590b5895c1891143ce7903b131a58.png

For a paltry £100 I've got a backup gun that might get some prime-time use - it's full metal, solid as a rock, got a high speed motor so really is at the "20's Plenty" 'plus' end of the scale... 13" barrel, programmable ETU with burst fire.  So basically it scratches my 'buy another Double Eagle M90x gun' itch, but that's less than half the price.

I took the upper receiver off and removed the bright blue paintwork (see my two-tone thread for details), and I've been really impressed by the way the gun was put together.  It's very well engineered.   Very solid outer barrel is well braced within the monolithic upper receiver.
The metal hop unit and stock rubber seem to be lifting the 0.32's I tried in it... I'll confirm that with some more testing tomorrow.

The only two issues are 
1) The battery goes inside the foregrip, so no room for chunky stuff.  And you need Allen keys to undo the two bolts so won't be easy mid-game

2) The gun doesn't like my Lonex flash mags.   There's too much forward and backward play in the mag well, so the gun will double-feed or not feed at all sometimes.  It's entirely fixable with some shimming inside the mag well, but I'm not quite sure how I'll achieve that yet.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

I just received an Action Army 90° Piston and Zero Trigger for my TM L96.  Both are working perfectly, although just an FYI for anyone else looking to upgrade the trigger the safety doesn’t work at all; there’s no safety bar on the trigger (obvious in the photos when you’ve got the original trigger unit and the new one next to each other).

I also bought a Tasmanian Tiger Essentials Pack II 9L to feed my TT addiction.  

59 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

A lovely MP5 AVS placard put together for me by Andy at TacBelts, and finally took the plunge the on 3AC Cobra kit for the FCPC. So far, so good.

67CFAEA0-0118-425F-AE06-37F8D4D5557A.thumb.jpeg.96efa41c4ec8b30df807c86eacd34eb5.jpeg

Those pouches are exactly what I’m looking for, but in OD!

37 minutes ago, Duff Beer said:

Those pouches are exactly what I’m looking for, but in OD!

Just shoot Andy a message on Facebook (Tacbelts UK) or Instagram (@tacbelts_uk) and I'm sure he'd be happy to oblige should the feeling take you.

Edited by alxndrhll

• Supporters
On 03/04/2023 at 19:10, TheFull9 said:

Is that similar to 2 weeks?

It's closer to a fortnight.

Properly cool 3D Printed SF can specifically made for carrying a tracer unit. Now the SD is on the way I’m not sure how much it’ll get used, but a great solution for running a tracer that doesn’t look really shit or add half a kilo or so to the business end of a rif. The 14mm thread that winds onto the end of your outer barrel is a metal inlay which seems like a very smart decision. Overall, impressed.

390C56D2-3FD5-4463-88F1-2A4C2EDA0DA7.thumb.jpeg.89487f91680fbaf25cb75bd6f6c329b2.jpeg

Pressie to myself, Elliot Brown Holton Professional. Solid build, clicky bezel and comfortable strap.

DB15E78C-0C8E-4CE1-AAA0-9B6E09113EF6.jpeg

Walked into the Super5ves 'showroom' in Lee-On-Solent....walked out with this lot*:

image.thumb.png.5357133059447025928d46efad6034af.png

They have a decent range of stock with friendly and helpful staff. It's more like an Argos than a proper 'showroom' - but the staff are happy to grab anything from their warehouse and the prices are pretty competitive too. Worth a visit if you can get to it.

*The Dye I5's are my son's latest purchase.

Edited by Speedbird_666

1 minute ago, Emergencychimps said:

@alxndrhllmy god it's sexy though. 

That is the only mp5 that could sway me......are you going to do the inverted peq and the vert grip? 

Nah, should I ever take the leap and get NVs I'd likely pick up one fo the B&T Tri-rail mounts to run an NGAL/PEQ on... if for no other reason than I suspect you'd be making getting batteries in and out a nightmare if you were to do the rail/grip mod. Truthfully I think it'll remain untouched, already braced ready for the 'heresy' chants as is 😂.