The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

I picked up a pair of boots from Mountain Warehouse.

Unfortunately they started to split after 2 weeks and so went straight back for a refund. It's not a good sign when both the ladies behind the counter say that most of the footwear they sell is utter dog shit and should be avoided

On 27/02/2023 at 22:45, Duff Beer said:

A Frontline Fibre Mini Dump Pouch.  It attaches under a molle pouch so you can save space on the belt.

36969383-5C28-45A2-AA39-F52E1E756019.jpeg

Hi, my google-fu isnt working, have you got a link please ? 😊

1 hour ago, Baptimus_Prime said:

My first pistol:

A22A6796-1519-4B5F-B62C-2ADF4C0DF505.thumb.jpeg.4b4225243b1a65a0436d6e31e1778ec5.jpeg

Thought I can’t go wrong with a TM. I’m still fairly new to airsoft so not one for tinkering/upgrading yet (only additional purchase was a couple of extra mags, I fancy a small torch for the lower rail at some point in the future). Hopefully the USP is as reliable as it needs to be! First outing will be next weekend. 

If you’re looking for a holster I can thoroughly recommend HW Holsters.  If you do want to run it with a torch they’ll do a custom one for you

New toy for my sniper kit and going to make working as part of a sniper/spotter pair incredibly effective. Is it needed at airsoft ranges? Not for most shots, since we're talking not much more than 100m max, but it'll help make long range shots a bit more consistent. Going to start learning precisely how to use those little dots on my scope for those long range shots ;)

Going to take it for a spin and get some ranges from some firing positions I like at Worthing Airsoft this weekend, as well as seeing if their targets on the range are the ranges they say they are

334944420_167090222802163_6822355219507126455_n.thumb.jpg.ffed12793535d18c92576ec9b121ab4b.jpg332488647_3416609785316642_6810607644921092285_n.thumb.jpg.074222c3a932e1a32ed823542bc512e1.jpg

Seemingly old habits die hard, and as much as I liked the look of the N4 MWS build it was; A) Shorter handguard than I like. B) A lot more cash tied up in what’s meant to be a ‘back up’ of sorts. So I’ve reverted back to the 11.5” URGI, but did pick up a new stock, stock riser and red dot. The Holosun 403R now sits on my Unity riser with a QD to easily swap it around on the replicas I use that on (3 of the 4 I own) and replaces an old faithful Vortex Crossfire which is back on a standard lower 1/3rd sitting on the AK.

It’ll not doubt get painted once the weather outside is a bit nicer... or wind up selling it all because it'll rarely get used over the electric options I have available to me. Self awareness is important and all that... 😒.

F058CA69-1D13-4660-86F3-0C72B0B9D0A6.thumb.jpeg.023e381095f376f3d0c8050564531288.jpeg

Edited by alxndrhll

@alxndrhll that's interesting to hear as I'm umm-ing and ahh-ing over getting another MWS and making a long URGI build. Based on what I've spent on my short URGI, it'd be getting on for a grand, easy, to get it to where I want, and the likelihood is, it'll be a third-stringer behind current back-up/workhorse NGRS. 

I've just got that itch though...

1 hour ago, C-Diddy said:

@alxndrhll that's interesting to hear as I'm umm-ing and ahh-ing over getting another MWS and making a long URGI build. Based on what I've spent on my short URGI, it'd be getting on for a grand, easy, to get it to where I want, and the likelihood is, it'll be a third-stringer behind current back-up/workhorse NGRS. 

I've just got that itch though...

Fortunately you save on the burden of having to buy mags which is a sizeable saving but it might be worth exploring building a second upper over a fresh build. As mentioned numerous times across a variety of threads, finances are a very individual thing. Could I afford to have the MWS in full N4 regalia sat in a case most of the year until I fancy using it? Yes. Could I personal justify doing that? No. Does the fact I couldn't bring myself to paint the N4 have at least something to do with it? Maybe.

1 hour ago, alxndrhll said:

Fortunately you save on the burden of having to buy mags which is a sizeable saving but it might be worth exploring building a second upper over a fresh build. As mentioned numerous times across a variety of threads, finances are a very individual thing. Could I afford to have the MWS in full N4 regalia sat in a case most of the year until I fancy using it? Yes. Could I personal justify doing that? No. Does the fact I couldn't bring myself to paint the N4 have at least something to do with it? Maybe.

You're right about the mags, and I have thought about just doing an upper. I'd want to change all the furniture as well though - I find the original pistol grip and trigger guard massively uncomfortable - so I'd get a complete gun. 

It's not really the finances either, as I'm fairly fortunate on that front. It's the justification...but then again, nobody needs another gun, right? 😆

• Supporters

TM mags always have been on the pricey side (especially NGRS), nothing's changed there.  But they are good.

You need a generic platform to bulk buy standardised plastic mids if you want cheap mags.

A pair of 9mm kydex inserts. Almost impossible to find blackhawk bts double mag pouches with talon flex. So trying to create something similar.

Also ordered the hadron designs saviour for my asg mk23. Whilst hoping the latest attempt to stop the mags leaking is successful 

Edited by ghostwalker

Nice bunch of packages to wake up to this morning; A Holy Warrior EXPS3 in tan for £70, postage inc. Very happy considering it's way under MSRP (trademarks are under the stickers). Plus a KAC style QD suppressor with the three-prong flash hider. Not pictured is a tan motor/pistol grip for my project gun.

I just need to change the battery cover on the EXPS3 but need to work on getting the cable away from the shroud.

IMG_20230313_151549.thumb.jpg.8f805f9b8ffaeb6015c37ebdfbaddcf6.jpg

Edited by MrTea

Just ordered a looooooooooong offput PC in my fave Greenzone seeing as all GZ is becoming unobtanium it would seem.

Hopefully il have it in a wek or two... like waiting for christmas :D

42 minutes ago, MrTea said:

A Holy Warrior EXPS3 in tan for £70, postage inc. Very happy considering it's way under MSRP (trademarks are under the stickers)

Where did you spot that?  Very good price.

8 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Where did you spot that?  Very good price.

Local Airsoft techs store, The Cage Airsoft. Saw their black ones sell out so snapped a tan one up. Initially I was going to wait for payday but glad I didn't as I got the last tan one it seems. They're now sold out.

Picked up a CZ 805 Bren that could use some love. It's missing the muzzle device and a couple of screws but is otherwise solid. I had it less than an hour and I've already taken a knife to it to improve the cable management 

IMG_20230314_200023.jpg

well i can say that the essatec (sp) 9mm kydex inserts are great for everything except mags like the mk23's.

I get a feeling that its going to be make do and mend with the crappy viper double mag pouch until i can source (for less that a small mortgage) the Blackhawk bts ones with talon flex.