The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

In the hope of returning to the game soon some new eye pro.

A pair of ess crossbow supressor glasses with the hi def lense. Was thinking about the Bloc ones but there is a good £25 difference in price and i have never tried Bloc stuff but havent had issues any issues with ess glasses before.

Finally got a holster and a shit load of CO2 for my Shadow 2 that I got in November so I can skirmish it tomorrow for the first time. I haven't ran a sidearm yet, so excited to finally put it to use. 

Some say you never need them... But at my local indoor CQB site there are several extremely tight stairwells with corners at the top/bottom where my 14" Barrel just won't go around and I have to drop the business end meaning there have been numerous times I just cant get a shot on someone. Lost count the amount of times I couldn't engage on said stairwells and had to shamefully walk back to respawn. Now I have been dealt an equal hand 😁

20230114_210628.jpg

A few things.

For me:

F9 Gear Ammo Hub in RG (thanks for making them available in Europe @TheFull9, won't be here before two weeks tho);

Templar's Gear Harness in Ranger Green for my rifle belt;

2x WE valves for my AA glock mags;

3x Glock ranger plates, I keep breaking them -.-

For friends:

2x WE Glock mag;

1x AAP charging ring;

1x TTI AAP Magwell;

2x WE valves;

1x Maple Leaf 60° Decepticon;

3x Glock ranger plates.

2x Swat VTG. Been looking for some timed re-usable pyro for indoors games but they were always out of stock everywhere and the used ones were completely battered, some even had chunks missing from the bodies of the grenades. They should arrive tomorrow, can't wait to test them out.

FifeWargames look like they had a small restock of Swat VTGs but they're only in black so I may have to find some luminous paint or bands so I don't lose them in a dark corner.

spacer.png

Edited by MrTea

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Skara said:

A few things.

For me:

F9 Gear Ammo Hub in RG (thanks for making them available in Europe @TheFull9, won't be here before two weeks tho);

Templar's Gear Harness in Ranger Green for my rifle belt;

2x WE valves for my AA glock mags;

3x Glock ranger plates, I keep breaking them -.-

Many many thanks 😎  I love the RG one a ton I have to say haha.  I think for most folks here there's 2 lines in the world dividing the retailers; the atlantic and then the channel.  Having retail options in the US, UK and France means most folks who are actually interested can now pay the price they'd expect vs doing some maths and adding a whole ton of shipping and tax costs themselves, which I'd estimate is what irks most people the largest amount.  It's a shame what the base price has to be compared to what Americans pay of course, but that's sadly entirely unavoidable.

I actually changed the package to the NT version for AG Tac so they wouldn't have to buy the Tubes and sell it at a truly insane price; and that version may become the standard offering in future for more flexibility.  Anyway hope it plugs in nicely with your current gear and serves you well, which I'd be confident it will and I'll welcome your thoughts once you get it and try it out.  Drop me a line some time.

16 hours ago, MrTea said:

2x Swat VTG. Been looking for some timed re-usable pyro for indoors games but they were always out of stock everywhere and the used ones were completely battered, some even had chunks missing from the bodies of the grenades. They should arrive tomorrow, can't wait to test them out.

FifeWargames look like they had a small restock of Swat VTGs but they're only in black so I may have to find some luminous paint or bands so I don't lose them in a dark corner.

Never seen these before. Just checked them out. They seem good. May invest in some of these. I imagine the shot shell blanks are fucking loud!

A couple of fresh bits arrived from Ali Exp

I have to admit, their shipping times have shortened MASSIVELY since I first bought off the platform two years ago, these arrived about 10 days after ordering

A cheeky SF clone Scoutlight

97B87B5C-53EB-41E9-BB06-3CCA3DDD7050.thumb.jpeg.c512f22f973c5aabb353b08325884363.jpeg

And also a lense protector for my Specter DR

(when you spend more on an optic now than you did on a decent primary when you started playing 😂🤦🏻‍♂️)

2E27AC48-BFE6-44CB-A31F-525B389A801C.thumb.jpeg.66987e70c607b6b17258132cd0bed8e1.jpeg

1 hour ago, Khyber said:

Never seen these before. Just checked them out. They seem good. May invest in some of these. I imagine the shot shell blanks are fucking loud!

I liked them mostly because the spoons are fixed which means no lost spoons or buying replacements. As for noise, i've tested 12G blanks with other BFGs and they're barely any louder than .209 and they're definately not louder than any other single-use pyro I own. Only difference is the 12G blanks just emit a big puff of smoke when they go off. I legitimately think that the 9mm blanks are louder than the 12G ones. 12G blanks are just that much more expensive than 9mm or .209 that it's not worthwhile to be honest which is probably why most newer BFGs only cater to .209 primers like the Quake 8 etc.

12G blanks are £15 for 10. £1.50 a bang.

9mm/.380 blanks are £18 for 50. £0.36 a bang.

.209 blanks are £8 for 100. £0.08 a bang.

Edited by MrTea

22 hours ago, MrTea said:

I liked them mostly because the spoons are fixed which means no lost spoons or buying replacements. As for noise, i've tested 12G blanks with other BFGs and they're barely any louder than .209 and they're definately not louder than any other single-use pyro I own. Only difference is the 12G blanks just emit a big puff of smoke when they go off. I legitimately think that the 9mm blanks are louder than the 12G ones. 12G blanks are just that much more expensive than 9mm or .209 that it's not worthwhile to be honest which is probably why most newer BFGs only cater to .209 primers like the Quake 8 etc.

12G blanks are £15 for 10. £1.50 a bang.

9mm/.380 blanks are £18 for 50. £0.36 a bang.

.209 blanks are £8 for 100. £0.08 a bang.

Thanks for the info. The do look well built. And from what I have read higher grade steel too. 

On 17/01/2023 at 12:51, Wavey_Gravey said:

“Pyro gloves”

After seeing somebody nearly loose a few digits and get some nasty looking burns I decided I wanted some thicker gloves for when messing with splody things.

If the incident you're referring to is what I think it is, you could just try not trying to pick up pyro and attempting to throw it back lol

Two new arrivals today, one expected and one not.

A Ridgeline DrOP, which is something I've been waiting on for a while. Fixes a 'problem' that's annoyed me for a while, first solution I've seen that's not a bodge (not to say it's the first to exist mind you). Essentially does the same as a holster mid ride but for your mag carrier(s). Stops jackets snagging, slight angle on it stops cummerbunds and the like getting in the way and overall just a comfier draw. Initial playing around with it says it's a great purchase, wouldn't be shocked if these sorts of things become 'a hot item' this year. Photo shows old setup versus new, and then how it sits on the belt.

DrOP.thumb.jpg.57a7a89f1c5627473aed02cf7eaa4a0a.jpg

And a new Agilite helmet cover to go with the new lid, crazy turn around speed. From Slovakia to here in less than 24 hours. AMPs also throw on there, next on the list is 4D pads.

Lid.thumb.jpg.af10b710475ef0c297723e6caff2f7bb.jpg

• Supporters

Awesome, out of interest, who's the firm in Slovakia.?

By my understanding Agilite are based in Israel, but have hubs they ship out of to different territories. One for Europe seemingly being in Slovakia, don't believe this was the case when I ordered from them a year or so ago as I'm fairly certain that came straight from Israel. If I've got the wrong end of the stick and you were purely asking about which courier, it was DHL.

Edited by alxndrhll

1 hour ago, hitmanNo2 said:

If the incident you're referring to is what I think it is, you could just try not trying to pick up pyro and attempting to throw it back lol

Haha it wasn’t but I am aware of the throbber that did that.

Bought an ASG Scorpion Evo from the classifieds, given a new coat of olive paint and looking forward to fielding it on Sunday at Imperium for my first game of the year. 

Not 100% keen on it's mag release catch. 

20230118_171618.jpg

On 18/01/2023 at 12:34, Khyber said:

Thanks for the info. The do look well built. And from what I have read higher grade steel too. 

Got them today due to a minor delay in delivery.

They feel good in the hand, wider/bulkier than most BFGs but fill the hand nicely. They're a hefty bit of kit, a good weight to them. The body is covered by a rubberised plastic type material that will soak the majority of impacts however the metal head is exposed and will take damage. 209 primers give a good loud bang. 9mm even more so. 12G are as previously discussed, as loud as .209 but a big ol puff of smoke to go with it.

Only issue i've found is that one of my two grenades was a bit finnicky with the pins and required a fair bit of 'use' before it wore in enough to be acceptable. The other was totally fine out of the box. I can only guess there were some tighter tolerances during the making of the 2nd grenade. After extensive use i'd imagine it'll be fine.

Tested .209, 9mm and 12G with both and they work like a charm. That 3/4 second fuse is not as long as you think :D

Edited by MrTea

£5 strap replacement kit from blacks....

It's one of the least glamorous on this thread but I now have a thigh strap that fits an adult on my dpm holster....

21 hours ago, MrTea said:

Got them today due to a minor delay in delivery.

They feel good in the hand, wider/bulkier than most BFGs but fill the hand nicely. They're a hefty bit of kit, a good weight to them. The body is covered by a rubberised plastic type material that will soak the majority of impacts however the metal head is exposed and will take damage. 209 primers give a good loud bang. 9mm even more so. 12G are as previously discussed, as loud as .209 but a big ol puff of smoke to go with it.

Only issue i've found is that one of my two grenades was a bit finnicky with the pins and required a fair bit of 'use' before it wore in enough to be acceptable. The other was totally fine out of the box. I can only guess there were some tighter tolerances during the making of the 2nd grenade. After extensive use i'd imagine it'll be fine.

Tested .209, 9mm and 12G with both and they work like a charm. That 3/4 second fuse is not as long as you think :D

Good stuff. I will take the plunge with them I reckon. I did see on a review that they take some wearing in. And also new ones the timer is a little premature but settles to stated time after a little use. Good thing is as they are timed you dont need to lob them, a good low through or almost roll is sufficient for room clearing. Where did you buy them from? I noticed on the official website they are 85 I think but of you buy 2 they are a little over 60 each.