The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

38 minutes ago, Impulse said:

With Geoffs BBs seemingly increasing in price on a weekly basis, I felt it was time for a change

image.thumb.jpeg.abcab69181087e72cec181abe9b4dc88.jpeg

Been trying these in my DMR recently, and I like them. Going to put them through my bolt action tomorrow.

5 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

Been trying these in my DMR recently, and I like them. Going to put them through my bolt action tomorrow.

That's my plan. Putting them through both m700s tomorrow and will swap over if I like them for all weights.

On 12/11/2022 at 15:49, Khyber said:

Went to my local District 23 last night and as I pulled up the first thing I saw through the shop door was this CZ shadow 2.

20221112_154443.thumb.jpg.6403c9dcf02223f34330343a4f6cc45a.jpg

Been eying one up for ages, and it was the only one they had and in the colour i wanted so... I think it was inevitable that it was coming home with me. Never got chance to use it last night though as they had no Co2 left. But hey ho. Still mega happy. 

If the slide randomly sticks when travelling forward after a shot, it needs a light tap to let the slide close fully. Don't worry too much about it. Mine took around 10 magazines to 'break in' and yesterday it only got stuck once and reset easily. You can buy different coloured grips if you want to change them later on down the line.

On 12/11/2022 at 15:49, Khyber said:

Went to my local District 23 last night and as I pulled up the first thing I saw through the shop door was this CZ shadow 2.

20221112_154443.thumb.jpg.6403c9dcf02223f34330343a4f6cc45a.jpg

Been eying one up for ages, and it was the only one they had and in the colour i wanted so... I think it was inevitable that it was coming home with me. Never got chance to use it last night though as they had no Co2 left. But hey ho. Still mega happy. 

My battle buddy picked one up at the nae in August for £75. I was very impressed with it. Wish I had seen it first 😡

Enjoy it when you get some co2 👍

Regards 

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, Shamal said:

My battle buddy picked one up at the nae in August for £75. I was very impressed with it. Wish I had seen it first 😡

Enjoy it when you get some co2 👍

Regards 

Wot, you mean like "MY" G14 you nabbed 😢

You snooze you lose mate 😜🤣

1 minute ago, Tackle said:

Wot, you mean like "MY" G14 you nabbed 😢

You snooze you lose mate 😜🤣

🤣🤣

@MrTea Thanks I will bear that in mind. I have seen the grips. Tempted to go stealth and get some black ones. But the blue is kinda growing on me.

@Shamal Wow. That's a steal! Cant wait to try it out. Thanks.

12 minutes ago, Khyber said:

@MrTea Thanks I will bear that in mind. I have seen the grips. Tempted to go stealth and get some black ones. But the blue is kinda growing on me.

@Shamal Wow. That's a steal! Cant wait to try it out. Thanks.

That was £75 used mind but still good condition. I am tempted to get one though. @avenger63has one in classifieds priced at £130 which he says is £30 off new price. And he only lives down road from me so no postage 😉

Regards 

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, Shamal said:

That was £75 used mind but still good condition. I am tempted to get one though. @avenger63has one in classifieds priced at £130 which he says is £30 off new price. And he only lives down road from me so no postage 😉

Regards 

Or warranty 😏

14 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Or warranty 😏

My warranty is I know his address 😂

@Shamal I had seen that one and very nearly got it but hesitated then when I had that one in my hands in the shop I just gave in 😂

I'm surprised it's still for sale. Though realistically I would only pay up to 110 for a used one no matter its apparent history. As tackle said... no warranty.

1 minute ago, Khyber said:

@Shamal I had seen that one and very nearly got it but hesitated then when I had that one in my hands in the shop I just gave in 😂

I'm surprised it's still for sale. Though realistically I would only pay up to 110 for a used one no matter its apparent history. As tackle said... no warranty.

I think it's new. 

1 hour ago, Matt.2504 said:

My first re-usable pyro. 

26467C2F-871A-4718-804D-B0618614D118.png

Niiice!

Great fun on and off the field lol.

15 hours ago, Shamal said:

I think it's new. 

Possibly so, but your relying on honesty there. If it's a private sale, to me, its used which warrants a used price unless absolute proof its brand new and has transferable warranty.

33 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

This post is worthless without pics 😉👍

Well its not brand spankers anymore after the weekend LOL

I only have two gripes with the TM HK45, though it is my favourite GBB pistol I currently own in terms of aesthetic, ergonomics and just how quiet it is for a GBB. One issue is that the mags are the pin design (like most pistols) rather than the screw design like Hi-Capa, p226 or 1911 mags which makes them awful to work on if they spring a leak. The other issue is that either mine was a bit of a lemon, or the hop unit doesn't like engaging all the way, with the hop arm catching on the adjustment wheel about 2/3 of the way. This meant that I couldn't hop .32s which is what I tend to use in all of my other 1.1J builds, be they rifle or pistol, plus I think the H-plate was applying hop slightly unevenly, just looking at the deformation in the rubber when inspecting through the barrel with hop applied.

So imagine how happy I was to find out that the guys at Hadron had come out with an outer barrel assembly for the TM HK45 with TDC and a H-arm to go with it. Forgot to take pictures before installing it, but I'm pleased so far. The deformation in the rubber now is far more even and I am sure I can apply enough hop for .32s now with the 50 degree ML autobot in there, though if not I'll slap a 60 degree in because I prefer them for air seal and have a spare anyway. Will test next game day (that's 4th Dec for me), as I want to be able to run .32s for the most part or .28s if I go to an event that limits ammo weight. Don't care about heavier because it's generally my shooting-within-MED or moving-around-the-site gun so I'll typically be shooting fairly close with it but want it to be able to hit the 50m just in case I need to engage quickly while moving around the woodland.

image.thumb.png.4e7be490c30dd4ad5087ac242501b041.png

On 20/11/2022 at 14:44, Khyber said:

You're thinking the same way I did. I was going to change the blue out for black seeings as they're only £20-ish and then held off. How's District 23 in Billingham? Been thinking about doing a walk on there before the end of the year. They have a rule on their site saying pyro is allowed but no 'percussive grenades' are allowed. I can only assume only spring powered grenades are allowed and not regular 'hot' pyro which is kinda sad.

42 minutes ago, MrTea said:

You're thinking the same way I did. I was going to change the blue out for black seeings as they're only £20-ish and then held off. How's District 23 in Billingham? Been thinking about doing a walk on there before the end of the year. They have a rule on their site saying pyro is allowed but no 'percussive grenades' are allowed. I can only assume only spring powered grenades are allowed and not regular 'hot' pyro which is kinda sad.

It's my fave site so far of the 3 I have played at. It's very well laid out with the entire site being 2 stories with bridges joining the upstairs of different buildings. A few cars kicking about etc. And well thought out cover points. For an indoor site is still very much a 360⁰ field. You always want to be aware of enemies from any direction. It is very professionally  run and they are strict on safety and all the things you want to be strict. Sundays are the best days. Their website doesn't appear to be managed well. The current rules on pyro is BFG and ringpull style frags are allowed which they sell on site for around a 5er a pop. Give me a shout if you do head there. I'll try and make it along. Would be good to meet up with another AFUK member.

4 hours ago, Khyber said:

It's my fave site so far of the 3 I have played at. It's very well laid out with the entire site being 2 stories with bridges joining the upstairs of different buildings. A few cars kicking about etc. And well thought out cover points. For an indoor site is still very much a 360⁰ field. You always want to be aware of enemies from any direction. It is very professionally  run and they are strict on safety and all the things you want to be strict. Sundays are the best days. Their website doesn't appear to be managed well. The current rules on pyro is BFG and ringpull style frags are allowed which they sell on site for around a 5er a pop. Give me a shout if you do head there. I'll try and make it along. Would be good to meet up with another AFUK member.

I have just bought a bunch of these FBS M38 Multibangs (vid related) which are twist off and strike. Reckon they'd be allowed? Or would I have to change out for different ones? They're great fun and surprise the shit out of people when they go off multiple times. It'll be a while before I head up there, my current schedule at work has me working an unfair amount of weekends. Do their Sundays last all day or is just morning/afternoon sessions?

Edited by MrTea

12 hours ago, MrTea said:

I have just bought a bunch of these FBS M38 Multibangs (vid related) which are twist off and strike. Reckon they'd be allowed? Or would I have to change out for different ones? They're great fun and surprise the shit out of people when they go off multiple times. It'll be a while before I head up there, my current schedule at work has me working an unfair amount of weekends. Do their Sundays last all day or is just morning/afternoon sessions?

Wow they are intense!! I'm not sure if they allow as never seen them. But not too dissimilar to what they do allow. They run sundays alternating between mornings and evenings. IIRC morning is 8-2 and evening is 4-10, but don't hold me to that. I only get out generally every 4-6 weeks and will be december before I'm next there.

Bone yard Specna M249 MK1 from patrol Base.  Other than the snapped carrying handle (the reason it was a bone yard) , which I'm not remotly bothered about it all seems good and un marked. It's the polymer body but has the 'standard' LMG box and hop unit . I suspect the internals are A&K . Box mag works as it should etc. Acording to the box it's upgraded, does look to have a prommy purple hop rubber . What other 'upgrades' are in there are anyones guess tbh. Fitted a spare heat shield cover to it. 

image.thumb.jpeg.7050ad37b4cfc6af660a0b5014309970.jpeg

Edited by Nick G