The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

22 hours ago, Davegolf said:

The TM MP7 is a cracking gun, accurate, fast and loud… what more could you want 😎

Well some would argue size I suppose 👀

Random brainfart which I can't be bothered to Google...are TM MP7s proper 1:1 scale? I know the AEPs were under sized.

6 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Random brainfart which I can't be bothered to Google...are TM MP7s proper 1:1 scale? I know the AEPs were under sized.

Nope, all like 10%ish (I believe) smaller than the real deal.

Yeh TM are undersized, they guesstimated the dims from pics.

It’s so annoying!! Love a full size KWA, but they are crap compared to TM performance.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Yeh TM are undersized, they guesstimated the dims from pics.

The 100% accurate interwebs apocrypha says that they scaled the total length of their MP7 with the flash hider to H&K's specified length of an MP7 without the flash hider.

Wait wait wait wait hold the fucking phone...you mean to tell me that TM just *eyeball* their replicas from pictures?? 

I can understand the difficulty of getting hold of an MP7 in Japan, but they don't just send a guy out to the US with a pair of calipers and a notepad?

I'm kinda surprised they don't do a V2 that is sized correctly.  Would sell well, plus people who already have them but are fussed over the 10% may buy again. 

Be a bugger to have to buy new mags as I guess they would be undersized too.

Remember we are talking about the land of the little people.....  they may just make them a little smaller to cope with their teeny hands.

SWMBO couldn't take UK nicotine patches as they were too strong.  She used to get a high off them before nearly throwing up.  Likewise when she was on pain killers.  Her dose from the doc was for two at a time several times a day..... One would spark her out for most of the day.   Cheap date 🤣🤣

Edited by Dan Robinson

• Supporters
45 minutes ago, Floperator said:

Wait wait wait wait hold the fucking phone...you mean to tell me that TM just *eyeball* their replicas from pictures?? 

I can understand the difficulty of getting hold of an MP7 in Japan, but they don't just send a guy out to the US with a pair of calipers and a notepad?

That's how a good proportion of airsoft stuff is done; guns, lasers etc.  MP7s are one of the rarest HK mass-production guns in the US as well.  Far as I can gather from looking around and shooting one once, unless you've got a super good long-term relationship with a very rich and well connected firearms dealer that's well established they're not easy to find, I'd be tentative on whether the handful of rental ranges that have them would just let some foreigners have at one with measuring devices.  I mean maybe for enough $ but hard to say, that info would be ITAR so I think they'd be taking a very serious legal risk if they allowed it.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

that info would be ITAR so I think they'd be taking a very serious legal risk if they allowed it.

isn't ITAR about not letting american technology get sent to places like china, how does that apply to a foreign manufactured weapon?

genuine question, it's a law i'm only vaguely familiar with.

• Supporters

I not saying 100%, but it's a very wide reaching law and covers both information and a myriad physical items.  People are so afraid that many retailers won't int ship things that aren't even technically covered by it because the penalties are so harsh.  Many exhibitors at SHOT won't allow pictures through NV/Thermal because of it.  If someone's read the law and can say for sure it only applies to US patents to correct me they're welcome, but honestly even if that's the case some feds could still try to drag you through courts for such a thing even if they knew they were wrong (or more likely, were ignorant of the law as happens in every country).

• Supporters

Hmm, just thinking logically it would be kinda dumb for them to be protective of tech a different country developed, but then i've heard the tale of the mk14 torpedo so i suppose there's precedent.....

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

isn't ITAR about not letting american technology get sent to places like china, how does that apply to a foreign manufactured weapon?

genuine question, it's a law i'm only vaguely familiar with.

3 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

I not saying 100%, but it's a very wide reaching law and covers both information and a myriad physical items.  People are so afraid that many retailers won't int ship things that aren't even technically covered by it because the penalties are so harsh.  Many exhibitors at SHOT won't allow pictures through NV/Thermal because of it.  If someone's read the law and can say for sure it only applies to US patents to correct me they're welcome, but honestly even if that's the case some feds could still try to drag you through courts for such a thing even if they knew they were wrong (or more likely, were ignorant of the law as happens in every country).

ITAR basically controls the transfer of goods and knowledge for anything defense related. If it's on this list https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-22/chapter-I/subchapter-M/part-121/subject-group-ECFRf7e5fe639be4566/section-121.1 ITAR covers it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Traffic_in_Arms_Regulations

• Supporters

And if it even looks like something which might be covered, shippers can err on the side of caution.  We had a chap here who got "caught" importing a costume HALO oxygen mask.

Heck, UPS in the Colonies have just stopped, seized and destroyed gun related goods being sent from "Ghost Firearms", because of course if you're going to sell illegal unserialised receivers you'll advertise that in your name. 🙄

Another aimpoint mount I will probably not use lol 😆 from a great seller on this site. 

A.R.M.S #22M68 mount

Still hunting for a #35 mount to finish my mk12 off 

20220706_113948.jpg

A Cyma CM.045 from Taiwangun to replace my utterly fucked E&L 74u:

x2ff26w.jpg

Already replaced ALL the internals, I just need to sort out the power and feeding on high caps and then install the 5ku B11 lower handguard for my torch, tape switch + a random vertical grip of choice. Got giga lucky with the inner barrel length. It's 290mm stock, about 260 with the flash hider removed and 248 with the thread adapter removed. I had a spare ZCI 6.02x247mm inner and it's a perfect fit!

Also transplanted a few parts from the E&L, hop chamber and hop chamber spacer block because they're much better than Cyma counterparts, and Selector linkage + Selector switch because the Cymas didn't like the Retro Arms gearbox.

Now, though, the E&L selector is a touch too thicc and when in safe, it pushes the dust cover up (still engages the safety, but it's no bueno regardless), I'll replace them with Retro Arms parts (specifically a Type B Selector and corresponding screw), in red. Just so I can trigger stitch counters :D

@Lozartdid I mention I got it from T A I W A N G U N ?

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Skara said:

A Cyma CM.045 from Taiwangun to replace my utterly fucked E&L 74u:

x2ff26w.jpg

Already replaced ALL the internals, I just need to sort out the power and feeding on high caps and then install the 5ku B11 lower handguard for my torch, tape switch + a random vertical grip of choice. Got giga lucky with the inner barrel length. It's 290mm stock, about 260 with the flash hider removed and 248 with the thread adapter removed. I had a spare ZCI 6.02x247mm inner and it's a perfect fit!

Also transplanted a few parts from the E&L, hop chamber and hop chamber spacer block because they're much better than Cyma counterparts, and Selector linkage + Selector switch because the Cymas didn't like the Retro Arms gearbox.

Now, though, the E&L selector is a touch too thicc and when in safe, it pushes the dust cover up (still engages the safety, but it's no bueno regardless), I'll replace them with Retro Arms parts (specifically a Type B Selector and corresponding screw), in red. Just so I can trigger stitch counters :D

@Lozartdid I mention I got it from T A I W A N G U N ?

Nice. I used to have a CM.045A with the wood furniture.

Also...BASTARD!!!!

4 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Nice. I used to have a CM.045A with the wood furniture

Surely looks much better, but I couldn't justify the extra €40 for parts I would have replaced anyway. Maybe in the future I might buy the gas tube cover, but for now shitty plum cover will have to do. If I don't zenitco the fuck out of it :D

4 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Also...BASTARD

Love you too 😘

11 minutes ago, Skara said:

Surely looks much better, but I couldn't justify the extra €40 for parts I would have replaced anyway.

Had the CM.045A with the wood furniture too. Not worth the extra $$ and I wished I had the plastic hand guard TBH.

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, Skara said:

Surely looks much better, but I couldn't justify the extra €40 for parts I would have replaced anyway. Maybe in the future I might buy the gas tube cover, but for now shitty plum cover will have to do. If I don't zenitco the fuck out of it :D

Love you too 😘

23 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Had the CM.045A with the wood furniture too. Not worth the extra $$ and I wished I had the plastic hand guard TBH.

I swapped the lower for a railed unit fairly quickly. Left the top one off because I couldn't work out how to get the end caps to fit. Looked cool as fuck.

Ended up selling it to my best mate who is now moving to Australia so I may well end up getting it back!

2 hours ago, cropzy said:

Rig for my MP7.
https://external-preview.redd.it/-okBZno_iJmpdQxzTgBxrs-5H8rJxrnmRbzLNgGvvps.jpg?auto=webp&s=fc5856f0f00a994a3cb7d500c35e5787569bd69c

What Rig is this? Just got myself an Mp7 and looking at setups and this looks ideal