The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

30 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Isnt there an @alxndrhll what have you just sold thread to go in tandem with this one 😆

PS whats the little riser under your Eotech?

Haha, I wish I had the patience/inclination to sell everything that winds up in the bits box on.

As the man above says it’s the Unity FAST Riser. Bumps any lower 1/3rd co-witness height to a 2.26” centreline.

2.26" - stupid yanks, why not round it up or down and make it an easy 57 or 58mm 😶

Edited by Davegolf
My old Lenovo X201 needs cleaning under the keyboard :P

2.26in?…pfft.. all the cool kids run with 2.91in risers now for Passive NV….

In all seriousness Chris Costa (remember him?) did a very cool video about optic height a couple weeks ago. Well worth a watch. Amazing back garden he’s got too.

Tall optic risers make a lot of sense for Airsoft use, especially when it comes to face masks we like to wear. I’ve been experimenting with tall optic risers (2.5in+) for a few months, and I wouldn’t go back to anything lower. 

Maybe it's a problem for shorter pew pews.... But, but more than once I've forgotten to lift the gun high enough to clear my cover with the barrel and ended up shooting myself in the chest with a ricochete... Of course with perfect line of sight with the optic.  😂😂

BIggest issue I've found over the years is clone shite optics don't have enough adjustment to zero them properly when on some sort of 'skyscraper' mount, granted I'd wager 9/10 airsofters don't bother zero'ing optics... with a further 9/10 on top of that which only have them on a rif for looks 🤷‍♂️. Certainly felt weird having used a 2.26" or carry handle mounted optic years and going back down to an ACOG on the L119, but I don't have the heart to mess with the aEStheTIcs so I'll just have to accept that the piggybacked RMR is what'll be seeing most of the use 👀.

I know that everyone wears it now, but I have gone for the old Tajic Border Guards uniform.  Probably get stick from the stitch counters for incorrect webbing I expect.

20220628_195010.jpg

20220628_195022.jpg

20220628_195030.jpg

Experienced a bit of a dick-dance trying to buy this

Seller lives 40 miles from me, and it was a post only sale

He seemed reluctant to let me pick it up.

Anyway, after 5 days of radio silence he contacted me to say he was passing my front door!! RESULT

So saved a road trip and he threw in 3 bottles of unopened gas to go with it

Never skirmished

Minty 

Just wanted something light and useable in the colder months 

428CB7C3-F66B-40FC-9E6A-2C72F28D24E4.thumb.jpeg.dc63b3edc65fe1426e2e42e94dc8f61b.jpeg

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

17 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

He seemed reluctant to let me pick it up.

My missus absolutely hates strangers coming to the house to buy stuff. She's paranoid that they'll turn out to axe-wielding murderers or something similar.

So I can understand that some people have some anxiety about unknown visitors rocking up on their doorsteps.

Gotta love a stock TM Glock. I regret selling mine many moons back.

image.png.5b5e5773a2e792cc69739edb040579b1.png

A cheap set of Howard Leights I bought off here. They are better than I thought they would be TBH - I wasn't expecting much after owning (and recently selling) Peltors, but they are good enough for some CQB BBWarz.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

A cheap set of Howard Leights I bought off here. They are better than I thought they would be TBH - I wasn't expecting much after owning (and recently selling) Peltors, but they are good enough for some CQB BBWarz.

I’ve got a couple of pairs and over the yrs I’ve seen some call them “cheap’n’cheerful” but me personally I think that’s an unfair description as for the money compared to a lot of the Chinese ‘knock off’ sets I think there far superior and more than adequate for the job . 

36 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

I’ve got a couple of pairs and over the yrs I’ve seen some call them “cheap’n’cheerful” but me personally I think that’s an unfair description as for the money compared to a lot of the Chinese ‘knock off’ sets I think there far superior and more than adequate for the job . 

Tried my neighbour's Aliexpress super-cheapos that use an Earmor style casing but cost around £25 a couple of hours ago. The sound quality was awful and they are completely mono-aural.

Not saying that these Howard Leights have the same quality of directional hearing as my Peltor Comtac XPs, but the sound quality is pretty good and I won't be so paranoid about these being nicked in the safezone as my Comtacs either.

Going to order some Gel cups from AliExpress.

On 23/05/2022 at 05:21, MILITATED said:

If you're in the UK and they're shipping via UPS, you're in for a world of pain. I regrettably ordered from Evike a couple weeks back and it took about 8 calls, various firearms declaration forms, import info & multiple emails for them UPS brainlets to understand that the MWS bolt release and bare bolt i had ordered were not firearms & to release them from customs.

If you can, cancel it and order the same barrel from WGCShop in HK. 

The 13.2" barrel is in stock

https://www.wgcshop.com/products/emg-si-outer-barrel-for-marui-mws?variant=39408151625809

Took a while and one form that UPS had me fill in but it arrived last week no problem. Actually surprised as UPS is an absolute shit show usually

9 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

image.png.5b5e5773a2e792cc69739edb040579b1.png

Had a pair for years.  Great value and the batteries last for ever. 

Just taken a punt on one of these. Looks like the Vortex Venom has been knocked off!

@rocketdogbert the seller has ten left atm

£124.77  18% Off | V.E.N.O.M Red Dot Sight Reticle 3 MOA including  Picatinny  Rail Mount
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mK4KOdk

EDIT - Seller has no stock and he’s just trying to swap sell me onto other optics. 

Edited by Alimcd

Might just be a magazine but as a stroke of luck found this a&k zb26 magazine in a random hk shop and it looks like they are the only place to still list them ( very hidden on the site ) 

20220701_103459.jpg