The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Ended up buying another respirator case just for the molle mounted flap pouches on the side (2 flap pouches on their own were going to cost a £ more than a case with 2 pouches attached).

If you haven't seen these they're great little all-purpose pouches that fold flat when empty and expand up and out when full. Easy big enough to get two lonex mags in and still velcro shut.

20220618_173105.thumb.jpg.c77215149a42bba144fc34da62afdeb7.jpg20220618_172951.thumb.jpg.91b3d7291027c112cd49cf54b70dc14f.jpg

Not sure what to do with the resulting spare satchel, it does fit nicely on the back panel of my chest rig but I don't think I need the storage.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

Plenty on here, myself included.

Yea but wez a special kind of clown ? 😉

• Supporters

Given the price of parts individually vs in a whole gun I'd consider saving up enough to eventually buy a whole TM pistol; that's not even factoring in the propensity for various different brand bits to often not get along vs the high reliability probability of a simple factory build.

• Supporters

October to April purchases minus some HK bits and the Brit Tac belt.  Hope you folks like squinting at slightly different greenish digital camos...

IMG_1350.thumb.JPG.540ce1e0d8c0c1769daceacede067c27.JPG

Spoiler

-Crye G3 Field shirt – AOR2

-Beyond Stretch Field shirt – AOR2

-Crye NC 2.0 Field trousers – AOR1

-ANA Issue ACU Trousers – Spec4ce Afghan

-Hannleitasa custom Double M4 and Small GP pouches – MEX4CES Marina Trans Jungle

-AXL JPC Admin zip – CB

-AXL Sandwich bag – CB

-Geek Side White Ranger sword patch

-A&A 2”x8” Shoulder pads – MCT

-A&A MTEK Helmet cover – Tigerstripe

-A&A Ear Pro cover – MC

-Spiritus Fanny pack Mk3 – Frogskin

-Spiritus Whoosh sticker

-Arisaka M300 body

-BFG TenSpeed single rifle – CB

-SureFire UE tail caps x 3 – Blk

-Crye Airlite Convertible Chest Rig – MC

-Raine Tac RTG PC w/Tubes cummerbund – CB

-Adventure Tech Reversible GTX Trousers – DCU/DNC

-PIG FDT Cold weather gloves – CB

-Spiritus cap – MC

-Spiritus Mk5 – MCB

-Spiritus MTEK cover – US Woodland

-Spiritus GP padded pouch insert

-Crye FR UAE Field Trousers

-VXV Concepts The Grid Skeletal, 2 Band Custom – CB

-VXV XL Retention kit – MC

-TT FL Double mag pouch – MCT

-TT FL Accessory pouch 1-V – MCT

-TT FL Smoke pouch – MCT

Well after the fluid loss I suffered last weekend, i purchased myself a camelbak.... 

Going to take a fair bit of washing and disinfecting before I drink anything from it.   Shame gin & tonic is not conducive with the safe operating of an automatic weapon. 🍻👍😁

Screenshot_20220621-210659_eBay.jpg

Edited by Dan Robinson
Typo's

6 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

Well after the fluid loss I suffered last weekend, i purchased myself a camelbak.... 

Going to take a fair bit of washing and disinfecting before I drink anything from it.   Shame gin & tonic is not conducive with the safe operating of an automatic weapon. 🍻👍😁

Strongly considering taking a water bag next time I go out.

Bicarbonate of soda is good for getting rid of that plasticky taste btw.

I put a load of 1 litre bottles in the freezer to take with me last time, but the panic and rush of getting the lad sorted for his D of E expedition meant I forgot to take them. 

Ironically I was at Sentinel in Dunstable and his expedition site was less than 2 miles away, so there was no need to panic, nor get his mate's mum to take him.   

Nowt like proper planning eh? 🤣🤣🤣

Yet more ADF kit,

Type 2 AMCU bush hat and trousers,

HMAS Arunta cap,

Choc was a freebie

Battery box and strobe for the TW lid in the second pic.

IMG_20220623_123846.jpg

received_417943610215148.jpeg

On 21/06/2022 at 21:09, Dan Robinson said:

When I bought a surplus one last year, it was a little bit “stale “ smelling in the bladder. I let it soak with a tablespoon of bleach filled with lukewarm water

a good dozen rinses out after an overnight soak, likewise with the hose and bite valve and it’s good as new 😉

• Supporters
On 21/06/2022 at 21:21, Dan Robinson said:

I put a load of 1 litre bottles in the freezer to take with me last time, but the panic and rush of getting the lad sorted for his D of E expedition meant I forgot to take them

There's a bright orange post-it note stuck on the inside of my front door saying: "EYE-PRO, BATTERIES, WATER".  Saved the day several times.

4 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

There's a bright orange post-it note stuck on the inside of my front door saying: "EYE-PRO, BATTERIES, WATER".  Saved the day several times.

That's impressive, mine would read BATTERIES. EYE PRO, SIGHTS,  GLOVES, THE OTHER BATTERIES STILL ON CHARGE, TOOLS, BOOTS, SOCKS, AMMO blah blah.
Anything short of an actual pew I could forget to bring, and have done on some occasion

• Supporters
1 hour ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

That's impressive, mine would read BATTERIES. EYE PRO, SIGHTS,  GLOVES, THE OTHER BATTERIES STILL ON CHARGE, TOOLS, BOOTS, SOCKS, AMMO

I was editing for brevity. ;) 

51 minutes ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

A genuine Cmore  red dot to replace the knock off version.

Thankfully the knock off railway clamp uses the correct bolt spacing so fits perfectly!

Picture or it didn’t happen 😱😱🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

Not to me, got it from a local gun shop. But very happy with it

Ah ok , not a very common scope at all this side of the pond so thought it might of been :) 

lovely piece of glass though , enjoy .

Just zeroed both this evening.

red dot, actually responds to turns of the screws with less sensitivity. The knock off moved with the slightest touch of the adjustment screw which meant you would get it zeroed and then when the lock screws were tightened it moved

much brighter with a new battery, I’d guess almost twice as bright to my eyes than the knock off

my red dot is the click adjust and I prefer it to the rheostat type on the knock off and my cheap version doesn’t actually fully turn off 

the glass is better/ clearer

the scope is much clearer glass than the 1-8 vortex it replaced which is a bonus as I actually changed it because of the reticle plus the quick adjust locking caps are handy.

better light gathering plus it’s a true 1x

Edited by Stratton Oakmont

Arisaka indexer for the shorter upper, the BCM KAG never felt like it was quite in the right place on it. Early impressions are that this is exactly the right fit for that length of rail (for me at least). As to be expected the quality is superb, toying with trying the handstop on the long upper but ultimately there isn’t a huge amount wrong with what’s on there… I just like new things.

6ADFD46B-F196-4233-9630-A9ACA9B30A01.thumb.jpeg.fc6f929a2fe207b5458e7bda47303a5e.jpeg