The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Guest Mr. No_Face
12 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Same but different I guess.

I'm a 'player' ahead of anything else in the hobby, a fairly active/aggressive (i.e. like being in the mix, not that I'm wandering around jonesing for a scrap) one at that, and tend to head out at least twice a month and often more than that. I enjoy the gear side of things more than RIFs, so always keep the RIFs I have on deck to a minimum. It's been an NGRS plus one other 'primary' and the trusty TM Glock for a while and that's about as deep of the 'collection' ever goes, I just keep what I actually use. The MWS ended up getting used more because I felt I needed to justify keeping it than it was that I actively wanted to. I do always like to have a back up should whatever I want to use die on the day, and streamlining batteries and mags across the board feels like even more convenience on top of the NGRS just being the best all round option for what I'm looking for in a RIF that sees regular use.

And none of that is to downplay how good the MWS is, purely my personal preferences and experiences from juggling the two different RIFs over the last 2 years or so.

I'm in a similar situation, although I genuinely prefer using the MWS above my NGRS regardless of it being counter intuitive to my playstyle. Like you, I'm a very active /aggressive player, Skirmishing sometimes twice a week so I understand your reasoning for opting for an NGRS. I run my NGRS Scar as backup and I'll also be adding the AK storm to my collection next month.

Edited by Mr. No_Face

3 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

I'm in a similar situation, although I genuinely prefer using the MWS above my NGRS regardless of it being counter intuitive to my playstyle. Like you, I'm a very active /aggressive player, Skirmishing sometimes twice a week so I understand your reasoning for opting for an NGRS. I run my NGRS Scar as backup and I'll also be adding the AK storm to my collection next month.

I can certainly see reasoning either way, they're both superb. It's usually around this time of year that I find myself really excited to use the MWS with temperature picking up and being consistently in the double figures, but that comes hand in hand with battling against more foliage which more firepower is generally the answer to in my case (I'm too shit at the sneaking around stuff to simply get closer, self awareness is important etc etc). The 'recoil' is never something I've been overly arsed with when it comes to RIFs, but I can definitely appreciate the GBBR ASMR and bolt clunking forward after a reload is huge boon for many... it's just not quite enough to win out over a double/tripled mag capacity 🤷‍♂️.

TLDR - Airsoft is sweet, and folks finding their own personal 'yum' will never not make me happy irrelevant of my thoughts toward it.

Aliexpress FleaOTech 3x magnifier. Very definitive click when flipped to the side, perfectly clear to look down.

EOTech logo is a bit bigger than my Holy Warrior XPS & has a slightly shinier finish overall, but great otherwise.

My stock is slightly shorter than a buffer tube, so don't need to have it as far back.

20220611_174523.jpg

Edited by MILITATED

• Supporters
On 10/06/2022 at 20:50, Speedbird_666 said:

30m of AlphaWire Eco (I've re-wired a gun already), ICS metal Hop unit (my plastic one broke on Sunday) and a few other bits for Airsoft projects:

image.png.08b8e92e324cccc378f3dec9e7397406.png

Two pairs of cutters? Wouldn't that somewhat contradict the "dura" part of the name?

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

Two pairs of cutters? Wouldn't that somewhat contradict the "dura" part of the name?

I only ordered one pair to make up CPC Farnells minimum order - two arrived in the box....so one's a freebie. Bonus.

• Supporters
33 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I only ordered one pair to make up CPC Farnells minimum order - two arrived in the box....so one's a freebie. Bonus.

Nice! I've just ordered two reels of EcoWire from them, didn't even realise they had a minimum order (or do you mean minimum for free shipping?)

32 minutes ago, Lozart said:

(or do you mean minimum for free shipping?)

Essentially yes - they have a 'handling fee' for small orders (£4.99) but they don't seem to apply any shipping charges to the basket even if the total of the order + handling fee is still below the free shipping threshold. As I was close the cutoff it was cheaper to add a couple of extra bits to not pay the fee.

I really like EcoWire - I find it nice to work with, good value when you buy it by the reel compared to 'Airsoft prices'.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I really like EcoWire - I find it nice to work with, good value when you buy it by the reel compared to 'Airsoft prices'.

Shame their PTFE stuff is so expensive these days, I used to love that stuff! But yeah, paying £30 for a reel or £4 for a metre it's a no brainer.

3 minutes ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

That’s sick. Does the lower receiver set have a pic’ rail where the buffer tube should be a la the MCX or is it an adaptor?

The GBL short bolt comes with a 1913 picatinny threaded adapter for the lower to fit any 1913 picatinny stock 😁

21 minutes ago, MILITATED said:

The GBL short bolt comes with a 1913 picatinny threaded adapter for the lower to fit any 1913 picatinny stock 😁

Thanks, just checked it out, very cool concept.

Let me know how it performs, will be keeping an eye out for these coming back in stock as I’m looking to downsize from a rather large peli case to a backpack for game days.

Tm MP7 gbb from the midland Airsoft fair last weekend.  Anyone got gas recommendations? Only got asg ultrair atm, is that too much?

So I ended up spending way more money than anticipated.

Started off with a nice order from Varuste.net where I bought a DD hammocks tarp, a DC4 sharpening stone and a Nalgene bottle (not properly airsoft related), then bought a M600P repro torch with a few accessories that I have yet to try because my rechargeable 123s are stuck somewhere, then saw a nice Source Convertube (turns a basic water bottle into a bladder) because reasons as I already have two Source bladders (one 3l, one 2l) and about 5 minutes ago I bought a Retro Arms V3 gearbox.

It's not over though, I have some other bits and bobs in my shopping cart on another website (namely Retro Arms AK selector and screw, 2x RA M4 magazine releases, a pressure pad for a friend and then some supplies like BBs and gas)

41 minutes ago, Skara said:

So I ended up spending way more money than anticipated.

Started off with a nice order from Varuste.net where I bought a DD hammocks tarp, a DC4 sharpening stone and a Nalgene bottle (not properly airsoft related), then bought a M600P repro torch with a few accessories that I have yet to try because my rechargeable 123s are stuck somewhere, then saw a nice Source Convertube (turns a basic water bottle into a bladder) because reasons as I already have two Source bladders (one 3l, one 2l) and about 5 minutes ago I bought a Retro Arms V3 gearbox.

It's not over though, I have some other bits and bobs in my shopping cart on another website (namely Retro Arms AK selector and screw, 2x RA M4 magazine releases, a pressure pad for a friend and then some supplies like BBs and gas)

I think I can hear your wallet crying..........

Edited by strykerles

• Supporters

New patch , I REALLY f*cking hate clowns ! 🤬

7AE411E9-AA93-430D-B52C-CB90EC9D48C1.jpeg

Guest Mr. No_Face

Finally decided to address my Mag pouch issues along with a few other purchases. Bought the following:

• Condor Gen 2, Triple Kangaroo pouch
  • x2 ABS fast Mag pouch 
  • Some relatively cheap Holographic 558 style optic. (Had good reviews even with real steel shooting so why not)
  • x1 MWS GBBR mag
  • Coyote-Tan light, Quick Dry, combat shirt. Something for this weather.

So maybe for once my teammates won't have to chase me down and return one of my fallen mags.😅

thumbnail_IMG_6507.thumb.jpg.dc95c317e54175ca01c6fd52db24ca13.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6510.thumb.jpg.be6f9abfdb4e3be919b23a34513049dc.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6372.thumb.jpg.0f10abe9cb7a60428792c4168a539175.jpg

COYOTE.jpg.76f5e88fbe5d13b911295fcf8a432bd3.jpg

Edited by Mr. No_Face