The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Just ordered a 30m Reel of AlphaWire Eco 16AWG hookup wire in a rather fetching shade of white just to be different.

Should be enough to re-wire a couple dozen guns in the future. I've found the stuff very easy to use on various AEG wiring jobs in the past. 

This l119 popped up over on z1 and while it's just another m4 I recognised the receiver as a dragon red l119a1 . Took a punt and got in first as a challenge gun lol 

Still lots to do 🤣

Screenshot_20220607-173254_Chrome.jpg

20220607_161200.jpg

Brought a PTS M4SDII Muzzle Brake for the 16" G&P DMR - I think its finished now.

IMG_20220604_190433.jpg

Blue force gear utility from Edgar Bro’s…can’t fault them, from payment to my door in about 12 hours!

Minor issue is blue force gear have updated the pouch by removing all internal organisation and Edgar Bros didn’t update their photos 😩

And a 60’ Mr.Hop ready to go into the MWS 😁

Edited by Wavey_Gravey

I was going to sell my AAP-01 at an airsoft car boot that Worthing did, but nobody wanted to buy my stuff (all custom builds, all more pricey than the stock stuff others were selling) and then my friend told me about some ruger outer barrels and I wondered at the possibility of building it to be another sidearm I can use for Namsoft. Still waiting on the grips to arrive from HK, but the outer barrel arrived and I love it. Well, apart from the fact it's a different colour black to the rest :(

roog1.thumb.JPG.a059fcf3436ca73c874377c7b285f68b.JPG

Will get a metal upper receiver for it too as it feels weird having a heavy barrel and a light frame, and I'll get a longer inner barrel that reaches a bit further down this one as it's longer than the original.

On 07/06/2022 at 11:49, Speedbird_666 said:

Just ordered a 30m Reel of AlphaWire Eco 16AWG hookup wire in a rather fetching shade of white just to be different.

Should be enough to re-wire a couple dozen guns in the future. I've found the stuff very easy to use on various AEG wiring jobs in the past. 

Having pulled apart a shorting CA M16 last night,  and seen the shit state of the low gauge wiring, I salute you sir.   No use having decent components linked by crap wires!

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Having pulled apart a shorting CA M16 last night,  and seen the shit state of the low gauge wiring, I salute you sir.   No use having decent components linked by crap wires!

Your stereo's only as good as your stylus.

• Supporters
On 08/06/2022 at 00:08, tBG_Geoff said:

I think its finished now.

Oh you silly silly dreamer ! 🤦‍♂️

Many holes!!

2 hours ago, BigStew said:

I have no will power. Team mates got recoils so I got am H&K 416. Got an AA12 on the way

20220608_190753~2.jpg

I thought you would have had at least 2 of these, you got ALL the guns 😁

51 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Many holes!!

I thought you would have had at least 2 of these, you got ALL the guns 😁

i get bored quickly. i only have like 10 guns at the moment.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, BigStew said:

I have no will power. Team mates got recoils so I got am H&K 416. Got an AA12 on the way

20220608_190753~2.jpg

Once you’ve used one for a gameday you do realise what all the hype is about .👍

18 hours ago, BigStew said:

I hope those are just stickers covering the trades?

21 minutes ago, Floperator said:

A TM FNX 45 in lovely tactical brown just came through the door. Can't wait to try it out in a game.

20220610_115648.jpg

Best out of the box pistol available, you’ll love it.

Red gas and 0.4’s will see you range 80m and torso sized groupings at 65m

Spare upper for the NGRS arrived today. Purely an aesthetic change for running an LPVO (awaiting arrival of) as they historically look a bit wank an a shorter RIF in my opinion. Wouldn’t be shocked if this upper eventually ends up getting a carry handle grafted onto it 🤷🏻‍♂️.

9D318C61-465E-4A86-9B68-6E0FB8AE31A9.thumb.jpeg.de2c3a3ac9e3299bf7ee64c46c46c911.jpeg

And a big ol’ patch for the back of the PC

E9DF597F-3CF8-490E-AA29-7D27F5794DA2.thumb.jpeg.769c82fd3aa93f925fe86604300a4118.jpeg

Edited by alxndrhll

Nice C2R patch!

Is that a PTS zev wedge lock rail on the longer upper? Been eying one of those.

Have you binned off the MWS’ and moved to the NGRS instead?

17 minutes ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Nice C2R patch!

Is that a PTS zev wedge lock rail on the longer upper? Been eying one of those.

Have you binned off the MWS’ and moved to the NGRS instead?

Ta very much, I was expecting it to be decent but very impressed with the quality (the blue leather used is much thicker than I'd expected).

It is indeed, truthfully it came with the upper and I was expecting to replace it. But it seems solid so it'll probably stay. Only real negative is that there are only 2 mlok slots on the top diagonal sections (i guess they'd be the 1:30 and 10:30 positions on a clock 🤷‍♂️). Not really an issue as I've just used a ranger band, but that did mean I couldn't use the thing I'd usually slap on to keep my tape switch in check (Magpul tape switch cover thing) because there weren't enough mlok sections where I like to run my switches.

The NGRS has been my 'daily driver' for as long as I can remember, I'd hoped to move over to the MWS filling that role like all the other cool folks... but GBBRs just aren't for me. I'm not too proud to admit I just like having (read as, have come to rely on) more mag capacity and just generally find the NGRS more convenient for how I play. So yeah, have sold up on MWS bits and have a second NGRS on the way (L119A1 flavour, very jazzy) so I'll have the short boi, long boi and old boi. Probably the most content I've been with my RIF line up since starting the hobby 15 or so years ago which is a nice spot to be in.

Edited by alxndrhll

Can appreciate that, I’m currently in the process of downsizing, playing less etc and need “one rifle to rule them all”.

The MWS is staying for now but an NGRS is ticking some major boxes.

Both your uppers look very nice!

1 hour ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Can appreciate that, I’m currently in the process of downsizing, playing less etc and need “one rifle to rule them all”.

The MWS is staying for now but an NGRS is ticking some major boxes.

Both your uppers look very nice!

Same but different I guess.

I'm a 'player' ahead of anything else in the hobby, a fairly active/aggressive (i.e. like being in the mix, not that I'm wandering around jonesing for a scrap) one at that, and tend to head out at least twice a month and often more than that. I enjoy the gear side of things more than RIFs, so always keep the RIFs I have on deck to a minimum. It's been an NGRS plus one other 'primary' and the trusty TM Glock for a while and that's about as deep of the 'collection' ever goes, I just keep what I actually use. The MWS ended up getting used more because I felt I needed to justify keeping it than it was that I actively wanted to. I do always like to have a back up should whatever I want to use die on the day, and streamlining batteries and mags across the board feels like even more convenience on top of the NGRS just being the best all round option for what I'm looking for in a RIF that sees regular use.

And none of that is to downplay how good the MWS is, purely my personal preferences and experiences from juggling the two different RIFs over the last 2 years or so.