The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Guest Mr. No_Face
21 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

New gun day.

image.thumb.png.af11be510bf4e6573473bc4dfdcb463b.png

Had a chance to mess around with it yet? Whaddaya think?

3 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

Had a chance to mess around with it yet? Whaddaya think?

Made a mini-review here - things didn't start well:

I love nearly all the ergonomics (not a huge fan of the stock) - it's lovely to hold and the external build quality is amongst the best I have ever seen. But I do have some quibbles over the stock motor, the PDW stock and the mock bolt release.

BUT - it's a keeper. I test fitted a Buffer tube/PTS EPS stock last night and that's the way to go for me - just need to extend the wiring.

I also have to remember that G&G Raiders are now very close in price (£210-220) to these guns since the price hike. Frankly this shits all over G&G plastic bodied range of guns and makes them feel very cheap to hold.

The PTS iron sights alone that ship with the EVE-4 cost £40-50 to buy separately, PTS Rail sections £8 a pop (of which you get 2), the vertical grip is damned near perfect for my tastes and would benefit from having 'PTS' stamped on it rather than 'KWA'. Overall it's very good value for money for what you get in the box.

Guest Mr. No_Face
32 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Made a mini-review here - things didn't start well:

I love nearly all the ergonomics (not a huge fan of the stock) - it's lovely to hold and the external build quality is amongst the best I have ever seen. But I do have some quibbles over the stock motor, the PDW stock and the mock bolt release.

BUT - it's a keeper. I test fitted a Buffer tube/PTS EPS stock last night and that's the way to go for me - just need to extend the wiring.

I also have to remember that G&G Raiders are now very close in price (£210-220) to these guns since the price hike. Frankly this shits all over G&G plastic bodied range of guns and makes them feel very cheap to hold.

The PTS iron sights alone that ship with the EVE-4 cost £40-50 to buy separately, PTS Rail sections £8 a pop (of which you get 2), the vertical grip is damned near perfect for my tastes and would benefit from having 'PTS' stamped on it rather than 'KWA'. Overall it's very good value for money for what you get in the box.

Yikes, lousy introduction to the platform but here's to hoping it's all uphill from here. The buffer tube looks to be the same one used in the Ronin series so you should've been able to fit these Nuprol 11.1v 30c 1450 mAh Lipo Batteries in securely. It's what I used for years with no problem at all. 

8056.jpg

https://www.bztactical.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/db41d94f259d08c78641b16cf654047d/8/0/8056.jpg

I'm interested to see how it looks with your new stock though.

Just now, Mr. No_Face said:

I'm interested to see how it looks with your new stock though.

Here’s what it looks like this at the moment:

B24C180A-B48E-42C9-A8B8-C48BF0BE8541.jpeg.17db4329c53276e3234e83bfe5e2d845.jpeg

I don’t intend to use any FDE coloured parts  for this gun, so I’ll pick up a new black PTS EPS shortly. Wiring is currently too short for use in a buffer tube. 

On 17/05/2022 at 17:46, Skullchewer said:

I bought a Tag Evo Shell launcher from Evike. $119.00, including shipping. Been stuck at customs last couple of days, and today I get this email. UPS can keep it 🤣 I already got one in the UK anyway.
image.thumb.png.ae4fb4053055bfa03f443a7126fedbff.png

Remember this?
After weeks of harassing my by email I sent UPS a shitty email on Friday, informing them I had already sent them my UKARA, twice, and no way I was paying that import tax, so they may as well keep the launcher shell, have fun with it.
I bought one I found on a UK site last week anyway...
UPS delivered my shell launcher today, and I've not paid a penny in tax 🤣

Tell old Tampon to stick it right ups his arse!

😂

38 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

I just got this.

Ugh. I hate when I'm all hyped up for a delivery only to see this.

You should meet my local DPD, anything short of a full on sprint to the door and they say missed delivery.. everytime.

1 hour ago, Skullchewer said:

But they delivered the parcel yesterday 🤣

Apparently not... parcel? I haven't received no parcel! After all this messing around, you have now lost my parcel! Hand me a claims form please... 😉

10 hours ago, Khyber said:

Apparently not... parcel? I haven't received no parcel! After all this messing around, you have now lost my parcel! Hand me a claims form please... 😉

Sadly that would require evike to send another shell launcher. If only.

Oh wait, no. I get you.

Sorry, long day, really tired.

16 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

But they delivered the parcel yesterday 🤣

HA, that's a whole nother level of incompetence... noted and will avoid UPS

13 hours ago, Skara said:

Repro ALG Defense 6 Seconds Glock mount from aliexpress is here :)

Don't tease us. Show us how it looks like mounted!

• Supporters
On 22/05/2022 at 19:17, Skullchewer said:

I bought a project gun. G&G M14 EBR.

It's old and tatty but I love the look of the EBR. Going to rip it apart internally and totally rebuild.

IMG_20220522_191506241.jpg

Nice, welcome to the achey arms club!

I’ve ended up leaning in to my AAP build pretty hard. Hit go on:

Airtac Glock>MP5 adaptor 

Vortex/docter fit RDS mount

CCT hammer set, Knocker lock and sear

CCT nozzle set

DP hammer spring

TM long mag (for when not using it on HPA)

CTM wooden grips (to restain and recess some real Ruger grip medallions into)

TTi ring pull style fire selector 

At this point, it’s just the trigger bar, inner frame and hop unit that’s actually from Action Army

Edited by Alimcd

5 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

3 more parts to go and it will actually be "fully upgraded" :P

In my head “fully upgraded” is synonymous with boneyard.

Im just bored and stuck at the in-laws, retail therapy is my coping mechanism 

Esstac Kywi M4 naked, ML hop rubber, MWS Nozzle spring and Geoffs BBs.

I got the Pistol Kywis a couple of weeks ago and were so impressed I have stumped up for the M4 tall versions for the back of my shooters belt. Hold the MWS gas mags really well but easy to get out and re-index.

Will be testing the Geoffs against the other BBs I have to see how they perform and then testing the top 3 with the ML rubber.

64203BB5-8AAC-4137-9AAC-D2FA6B72EB2A.jpeg

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Alimcd said:

In my head “fully upgraded” is synonymous with boneyard.

probably because most "fully upgraded" guns are just standard guns with a spring change :P

tbf, you ain't that bad, my old m4 only the outer barrel was original.....

I bought a Maple Leaf 50 degree Macaron and an Omega nub a while ago and had them sitting in the box of bits. Just put in my JG RPK for a game tomorrow and it's now shooting like one of those weapons that Putin doesn't want Ukraine to have.

I have promptly ordered some more.