The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters
36 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Man i havent watched any jackie chan stuff in ages

He's surprisingly nuanced and affecting in The Foreigner.  Actual genuine acting, I preferred his quiet scenes to the contractually required action.

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

He's surprisingly nuanced and affecting in The Foreigner.  Actual genuine acting, I preferred his quiet scenes to the contractually required action.

Will have to put that on the list, although going by my typical standards that means i might get round to watching it sometime this decade.....

The original Drunken Master is a good flick.  I spent a few years doing silly amounts of kung fu.  Jackie Chan was genuinely good in his first film.  

Wish I was the same shape now as when I first watched it...

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Bloody good film and yes he’s really good as the bereaved father , and particularly liked Pierce Brosnan as ‘not’ Jerry Adams , cough cough 😉

Oh fuck, what have I done!?!

I've just ordered a KWA EVE-4 ICE.

Loved the look of it since it was announced last year, so when BZtactical sent me a nice newsletter email** this morning saying that they have them in stock for £245 - I couldn't resist.

My missus is gonna kill me. Expect a load of classified ads shortly to pay for the damned thing...anybody want a pair of genuine Peltor Comtac XPs?

**the email also had the new pricing for G&G Raiders - £210-£220!! Not BZ's fault - G&G announced a price hike recently, but they are pricing themselves out of the market methinks.

@Mr. No_Face Does this make me one of the cool kids now?......probably not.... 🤪

4 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Loved the look of it since it was announced last year, so when BZtactical sent me a nice newsletter email** this morning saying that they have them in stock for £245 - I couldn't resist.

My missus is gonna kill me. Expect a load of classified ads shortly to pay for the damned thing...anybody want a pair of genuine Peltor Comtac XPs?

**the email also had the new pricing for G&G Raiders - £210-£220!! Not BZ's fault - G&G announced a price hike recently, but they are pricing themselves out of the market methinks.

@Mr. No_Face Does this make me one of the cool kids now?......probably not.... 🤪

It was £50 from a mate ;)

I am somewhat amazed that my burgeoning armoury hasn't been called out by my wife, I've literally got guns stacked in a corner, and 3 gun cases where I had none before... mostly bought since November last year
I can only assume she's got a pile of recently bought shoes and handbags I don't know about.   (The house overflows with shoes and bags as it is)

Yeah a G&G Raider without a mosfet and a slow-ish trigger response is not going to be competitive against (wait for it... wait for it...) a Double Eagle M9xx
It's a decent gun of course.   I guess a lot of people who don't bother researching on forums, but get to try a G&G Raider as a rental will still buy it.  
Ignorance is bliss!   

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Speedbird_666 said:

the email also had the new pricing for G&G Raiders - £210-£220!! Not BZ's fault - G&G announced a price hike recently, but they are pricing themselves out of the market methinks

I'm surprised retailers would even stock no-frills guns at that price, unless... well, unless they can't get anything else, or everybody else is scaling their prices as well. 😟

made-to-order set of magwell-cut grips for a Springfield Pro build. Closest to the real thing I could get here in the UK. 

Should darken up nicely to a deep reddish brown like cocobolo once it gets a few coats of tung oil

IMG_9957.thumb.jpg.242d5b7d2d83ec9c7dc9c23b8d318960.jpg

Real-steel reference I'm going for. Still waiting on the magwell to get here

Springfield-Armory-Professional-PC9111-FBI-1911-A1-.45-ACP-Semi-Auto-Pistol.jpg.17e0839804bd2f85e6fbbabb71369937.jpg

Guest Mr. No_Face
9 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Aye,  I've been meaning to grab myself one of these to run as backup. You made a good choice with this one. Same internals as the Ronin series and without the ergonomic flaws. KWA actually listened to the fans and addressed the issue of uneven weight distribution that made carrying them feel more weighty and uncomfortable. You can expect a more than competent rig right out of the box.  

You got my seal of approval. 🤙

882146136_giphy(3).gif.9715d688694167ee60dd410f9afd8b80.gif

You may take a seat at the cool kid's table @Speedbird_666

Laser bore sighter.

Only £15 but quite impressed with the quality. Not flimsy but a good weight and good resolution on the dot which is very visible even today out in the sun.

Regards

IMG20220522115958.jpg

IMG20220522120036.jpg

Sold this around 7 years ago when i ran a site shop.. guy reached out asking if I wanted it back ( bit of a steal)

Turns out he had only been plinking in the garden with it on .3s 

Still looks in good condition and running factory 400fps . Only issue is the gb pin is missing.

We 416c aeg traded 

20220522_160124.jpg

20220522_160132.jpg

Edited by johnnyj
Mistake

5 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

I bought a project gun. G&G M14 EBR.

It's old and tatty but I love the look of the EBR. Going to rip it apart internally and totally rebuild.

IMG_20220522_191506241.jpg

Love it, one of my first ever RIF's was a Kart M14 EBR. Good choice!

10 hours ago, MAX DICKER said:

https://www.evike.com/products/27351/

Evike have some nice licensed Strike Industries goodies for the MWS so I ordered one of these barrels for my DMR.

If you're in the UK and they're shipping via UPS, you're in for a world of pain. I regrettably ordered from Evike a couple weeks back and it took about 8 calls, various firearms declaration forms, import info & multiple emails for them UPS brainlets to understand that the MWS bolt release and bare bolt i had ordered were not firearms & to release them from customs.

If you can, cancel it and order the same barrel from WGCShop in HK. 

The 13.2" barrel is in stock

https://www.wgcshop.com/products/emg-si-outer-barrel-for-marui-mws?variant=39408151625809

Edited by MILITATED

Heard she got a...

WrNiWBVXjGbGe9U2UWFx9o.jpg.752054b5e3df16b399efb2e32d21f7a4.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg.6074d9302ff0967bc02aea2532594135.jpg

PSA : Clean steel parts before you put them on. I've noticed a lot of people just open the packaging and assemble without any cleaning. Steel airsoft parts tend to have a lot of rust caked on the finish right out of the box. Guarder seems to be the worst with this as they usually sit in warehouses for ages before selling; but I'm seeing this happen with a lot of other brands as well. Pic is after a second pass with Ballistol.

IMG_0072.jpg.f43bd3c45d32eb91827a24800d575772.jpg

Just got a delivery from Varusteleka, my favorite surplus store.

Making sure I'm covered for the wetter weather, so picked up some goretex flecktarn overtrousers,

20220524_111959.thumb.jpg.fb3379daed4cb52f43a1fe1a8e1f4d75.jpg

a field case to use as a general manbag,

20220524_112122.thumb.jpg.80ed01ed1653a6f69d80403ac9278162.jpg

a molle cigarette pouch, and some German combat chocolate.

20220524_112033.thumb.jpg.2135291ff05ca3eadeced511c0dbafeb.jpg

Trousers are a touch short - not disastrously so - but there's plenty of room in them if I need to layer up, and the braces are welcome.

Bought my first Chest Rig/Tac Vest that cost more then 40 quid. 

OPS/UR Tactical Minimo Coyote Chest Rig

ste_3109-1-ori.jpg

OPS/UR Tactical M4 Velcro Front panel/pouch Coyote

OPS/UR Tactical Fanny Pack Coyote

Amomax Heavy Duty Single Point Sling Coyote

Invader Gear Radio Pouch Coyote

Invader gear Tactical Shotgun Sling Coyote

Viper Modular Double Pistol Magazine pouch Coyote

Viper Tactical "Speed" belt, to make me go faster Coyote

6x ASG Devil Blaster .28

Edited by Asomodai

Found some unexpected weird bonus items in the pockets of the field bag: a fake autoinjector for training purposes, and what look like mickey mouse gloves and a handkerchief...no idea what to do with them lol

Maybe a serving or ex service member could enlighten me as to what the gloves are for?

20220525_080904.thumb.jpg.6f0d5bd097e53a1ea840cf2410c58087.jpg20220525_080933.thumb.jpg.c915fd6ad79a40143428e618f59b076a.jpg

36 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

It's not a 'field bag' it's a respirator haversack, hence the training combopen, CBRN inner gloves and resi cleaning cloth.

See I thought it was a respirator case when I saw it because I have a few of the older models, but it was sold as a 'field bag'.

'resi cleaning cloth' for what, cleaning the lenses on the gas mask?

Tempting now to go for the full 'noddy suit' loadout...