The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

3 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

At the other end of the budget VFC are bringing a full metal officer sized pistol to the table very soon (if not out all already ) it appears to be blank and trademark free so perhaps some custom engraving might in order . I did also see a mention somewhere that it may be TM compatible ? .

Don't be like me... Be patient and think it over twice, thrice, four times😔

2 minutes ago, Tackle said:

His rifle in the film was much nicer, do that instead, def be cheaper lol

If I recover from this damage I might go for a full Vincent Hanna loadout haha.. Has anyone shown up to game day with a suit before?

MV5BMDMyNzQyNzMtYzcyZC00YTNiLWJkYTItZDk4MmVlMDE4OTBmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDY2NzgwOTE@._V1_.jpg.2066a7f8d84d5bba933ac2e4630099a0.jpg

• Supporters

Not personally but I've seen it done a few times, players usually regret it though, when they rip the shit out of their only/best suit lol. 

On 01/05/2022 at 18:03, johnnyj said:

A.R.M.S #16 clone ( I think ) mount , I had a spare upper ring with the trades so added that. 

Mounted on my spare upper 

20220501_175702.jpg

Where could one get such a mount and ring?

18 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Where could one get such a mount and ring?

I dropped lucky on ebay , I have looked everywhere with no luck for the mount , a couple of shops on ali do arms replica mounts but not this model.

The upper ring is a genuine #22 left over from a mk12 build . They pop up on ebay.com in the US 

A sling loop to go on a 20mm rail. Unfortunately DK Armaments fucked up and sent me someone else's order. If there's a D Fisher from Cumbria reading this, I have your batteries 

I'm going to be popular with my 1.1J semi-auto m21 sniper rifle that I can point blank people with... >:)

280158622_1063058694644894_2942017492049837767_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s2048x2048&_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-6&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=VbcsJtdF9AgAX-F32bf&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=03_AVJSt6GMLr9LsRVkbrp03vBbWbk0QofYb2gXhq6H4G6AMQ&oe=62A8099B

The result of last game day's testing. I found that .4s were the heaviest the m14 hop unit could do at that power, and it LOVED .4s...

So, in these days I ordered:

2x Vector Optics Maverick dot;

2x TTI AAP drum magwell;

5x AW glock red gas router;

1x ALG Defense 6 Seconds mount repro;

A bunch of viton o-rings and x-rings;

1x AT size waterproof paper holder thingy (to store folded maps and documents);

1x DD MFR XS (RIS III) 9" repro and most likely some other thing I totally forgot about..

Edited by Skara

• Supporters
On 15/05/2022 at 21:09, frontsight said:

Do you guys have any tips on how one can stop spending money on their toy guns?

You can’t , simple as that really ? PLUS you must remember only pussies have will power , REAL men give in immediately as there will power has the tensile strength of a wet piece of Tesco value toilet paper ! 😉

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

I bought a Tag Evo Shell launcher from Evike. $119.00, including shipping. Been stuck at customs last couple of days, and today I get this email. UPS can keep it 🤣 I already got one in the UK anyway.
image.thumb.png.ae4fb4053055bfa03f443a7126fedbff.png

DA FUQ 😳

Did the seller put too many zero's on the receipt ffs

16 minutes ago, Tackle said:

DA FUQ 😳

Did the seller put too many zero's on the receipt ffs

Nope.
And using an online import calculator resulted in this:
image.thumb.png.2f7143c3fcf9a7b4d82aab55d2f8edcf.png
So unless UPS have made a mistake they can GTFO.
I will be getting my barrister brother to send them a letter telling them to GTFO, in legalese.

I will absolutely never use UPS again. It only took ~8 phone calls, 2 firearms declaration forms (they claim to have never received the 1st), 2 sets of import info (same as the forms) & 2 additional emails for them to realise that I, in fact, was not importing a firearm or a RIF 🙏 All for the low price of $60 shipping. 🖕 UPS & Evike for using them.

The MWS bolt that was part of the order finally arrived, however...

20220518_093442.jpg

Edited by MILITATED

14 hours ago, JimFromHorsham said:

@Skaraany links please for the RIS III rail ? :)

Sorry almost forgot! https://it.aliexpress.com/item/1005003400015383.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.646b3696VqU8H8&gatewayAdapt=glo2ita

Description says metric thread for the barrel nut, which is the AEG one. If you read imperial stuff then it's for RS (or some GBBs)

Edited by Skara

2 hours ago, Alvin said:

Giving war photojournalists a bad rep starter kit.

IMG_20220518_162913096.thumb.jpg.318cf6ffb3a17946dacc51a081dfd1ce.jpg

IMG_20220518_163450915.thumb.jpg.c5847e9d112e8010c639b46653456e36.jpg

Just a camera strap, blue helmet cover and a press vest away, then I'm ready to abuse journalist immunity one 40mm at a time. 🤫

I love this.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Alvin said:

Giving war photojournalists a bad rep starter kit.

is there something to be read into the fact that i see this right as i decide to binge watch a bunch of 007 movies on prime? :P

1 hour ago, Skullchewer said:

Afaik the seller wont sell the 3D files directly - you can only buy the physical item from him to ship from South Korea. Need to watch out for shipping and exchange rate, especially its in USD and rates hasn't been favourable the last few months (Etsy updates rates at midnight). I've also brought the 40mm speed loader from there to quickly reload to field if necessary.

51 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

is there something to be read into the fact that i see this right as i decide to binge watch a bunch of 007 movies on prime? :P

Hah, when I saw first it reminded me of this scene from "Who am I ?" (another one of those cringy Jackie Chan films), with a camera gun.

M40h9Hw.png

I thought about doing a CIA field agent load out, but then dressing up as one is just wearing plain clothes anyway :D 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Alvin said:

Hah, when I saw first it reminded me of this scene from "Who am I ?" (another one of those cringy Jackie Chan films), with a camera gun.

Man i havent watched any jackie chan stuff in ages, might have to next time i'm in the mood for something cheesy :P

1 hour ago, Alvin said:

thought about doing a CIA field agent load out, but then dressing up as one is just wearing plain clothes anyway :D 

Could be interesting to run concealed, although not something that really works for an airsoft game.

Currently imagining how you could do scenarios, thinking like ttt only with a bunch of civ's milling around to blend in with.