The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

A few lens protector from Red Dot Engineering. 

Unfortunately the flip up reflex had to be custom made which costed quite a bit, but happy with the process and the result.

IMG_20220416_095354515.thumb.jpg.8802922b6aee9172017afda8d63c809d.jpgIMG_20220416_095924938.thumb.jpg.a50dea9197e5d2a5b451119812c1d6a1.jpgIMG_20220416_101407434.thumb.jpg.56f194e2b3308ba1f4b185bb5620609c.jpg

Itching for a field test now with this set up. Wonder how wierd that would look in the field.

14 hours ago, Alvin said:

A few lens protector from Red Dot Engineering. 

Unfortunately the flip up reflex had to be custom made which costed quite a bit, but happy with the process and the result.

IMG_20220416_095354515.thumb.jpg.8802922b6aee9172017afda8d63c809d.jpgIMG_20220416_095924938.thumb.jpg.a50dea9197e5d2a5b451119812c1d6a1.jpgIMG_20220416_101407434.thumb.jpg.56f194e2b3308ba1f4b185bb5620609c.jpg

Itching for a field test now with this set up. Wonder how wierd that would look in the field.

I've got one of those Jism sights on top of my Facog, the setup works quite well and it's easy to transition from one to the other.

Just received the penultimate upgrade for my MWS...

The SixG brass nub

So small yet so powerful

Thanks @Davegolf

16501839291976741817595918496993.jpg

16 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

As a Vector owner I will say you'll not regret it.

But you will need all those mags 😁

Is the stock folded or removed?

Hmmm, you may need to join the KWA Vector discord. This is my KWA Vector #41 lol

Stock is folded

Some fella was selling a vector last game day, was absolutely lovely…

I would have been more interested if he wasn’t trying to sell it to me by saying vectors are “SAS issued”, WALT alert.

6 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

nice Vectors , I had the pleasure of this one as a very brief ownership , picked it up from a friend for a friend , 

had some nice Gucci bits fitted :) 

D7B3758A-8D6F-4BE3-9430-37F19101636C.thumb.jpeg.dc722673e691e123d28eaad76d62abde.jpeg

I hope you got lots of money for all those lovely bits

9 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

I hope you got lots of money for all those lovely bits

as said , from a friend for a friend , it was a great price and a pleasure to see it go to someone who’d been looking for a good one for a long time . 

26 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

Sorry, mines a krytac 😳

Still nice, but not the same

27 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

Sorry, mines a krytac 😳

My keeper is half and half 

27A3D427-A6F1-4472-8CF4-8F6F6C69A2D9.jpeg

In love with this little gun 😁

Was keen to get a TM FNX going on the glowing feedback, thanks for the help RocketDogBert but I realised I wanted something more compact and secondary.

I must say the latest generation TM stuff is on point, this thing is tiny and throws a 0.32 50+M torso size bone stock, just what I wanted.

6F2F2CDA-108A-4D83-9CDA-493ABE24382B.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

In love with this little gun 😁

Was keen to get a TM FNX going on the glowing feedback, thanks for the help RocketDogBert but I realised I wanted something more compact and secondary.

I must say the latest generation TM stuff is on point, this thing is tiny and throws a 0.32 50+M torso size bone stock, just what I wanted.

6F2F2CDA-108A-4D83-9CDA-493ABE24382B.jpeg

Is it easy to fit an RMR to this slide do you know?

Peli 1610, will get a photo once I’ve finished butchering the insides…wish I’d of gone a touch bigger!

*Edit for photo.

Needs some organisational pouches on the lid but I can fit a days kit in side so happy days.

3B1D303A-527C-4249-82BD-B1274B01E2B9.thumb.jpeg.34d067d749ff70a77b0b36c43483715d.jpeg

Edited by Wavey_Gravey

New charger arrived today. It's a belated Birthday present from my son.

It's bloody quick to charge, the balance logic and balance amperage is light-years ahead of my old chargers. Colour IPS screen is very nice to use too.

image.png.3bb055804e0111a98c41adc32a075bfa.png

3 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

New charger arrived today. It's a belated Birthday present from my son.

It's bloody quick to charge, the balance logic and balance amperage is light-years ahead of my old chargers. Colour IPS screen is very nice to use too.

image.png.3bb055804e0111a98c41adc32a075bfa.png

Nice. Where did you get the xt60 to Dean's connectors?  Been looking at getting a SkyRc S65 but woukd need some to make sure the polarity was correct for the airsoft batteries. 

1 hour ago, MagpieTactical said:

Nice. Where did you get the xt60 to Dean's connectors?  Been looking at getting a SkyRc S65 but woukd need some to make sure the polarity was correct for the airsoft batteries. 

Polarity-switch only applies to Mini-Tamiya connectors and if you get it wrong, the charger will warn you and not charge. It's then just a case of de-pinning the charger side connector and swapping them over.

I made the XT60 to Deans connectors - It's only a 5min job with a decent soldering iron.

Personally, I dislike Deans intensely (XT30/60 is a much better choice) but airsoft being airsoft, with people and manufacturers clinging to outdated technology and standards, it's just easier to keep using them.

15 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Polarity-switch only applies to Mini-Tamiya connectors and if you get it wrong, the charger will warn you and not charge. It's then just a case of de-pinning the charger side connector and swapping them over.

I made the XT60 to Deans connectors - It's only a 5min job with a decent soldering iron.

Personally, I dislike Deans intensely (XT30/60 is a much better choice) but airsoft being airsoft, with people and manufacturers clinging to outdated technology and standards, it's just easier to keep using them.

How does that work? Surely the positive on the xt30 has to be soldered to the deans plug to make sure it connects to the positive on the battery?

I cannot find any ready made connectors which state they are soldered correctly for airsoft batteries. 

Not quite sure what you mean.

There's no polarity issue for anything other than mini-tamiya fitted guns- you can thank Tokyo Marui for the issue originally. But Mini-Tamiyas can be de-pinned from their plastic housing and swapped over if needed.

There are established standards for polarity wiring on both Deans and XT30/60. It's even moulded into the plastic on many plugs telling you where to solder each wire. Guns manufactured with deans fitted from the factory follow that standard, along with LiPos with Deans pre-fitted. The only issue is if someone retrofits Deans themselves and cocks up the polarity when soldering the wires on.

So this will work perfectly to charge an Airsoft LiPo fitted with Deans using an S65 charger. It does not have to be Airsoft specific at all.

2 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Not quite sure what you mean.

There's no polarity issue for anything other than mini-tamiya fitted guns- you can thank Tokyo Marui for the issue originally. But Mini-Tamiyas can be de-pinned from their plastic housing and swapped over if needed.

There are established standards for polarity wiring on both Deans and XT30/60. It's even moulded into the plastic on many plugs telling you where to solder each wire. Guns manufactured with deans fitted from the factory follow that standard, along with LiPos with Deans pre-fitted. The only issue is if someone retrofits Deans themselves and cocks up the polarity when soldering the wires on.

So this will work perfectly to charge an Airsoft LiPo fitted with Deans using an S65 charger. It does not have to be Airsoft specific at all.

Thanks. I have just heard so many people mention that RC polarity is reverse to that of airsoft. As all these chargers seem to be aimed at RC users I thought there would be an issue.  Overthinking it I guess. 

Thanks for explaining it so well 🙂

French Daguet Warm Weather Cap. My Légion étrangère loadout is nearly complete. 

Image 1 - French Army Desert Camo Field Cap Lightweight Warm Weather Unissued Daguet Hat

And second time lucky "Hopefully" a pair of Swiss M83 that will fit me. 

Image 1 - Genuine Swiss Army Issue M83 Combat Trousers Alpenflage Military Uniform Pants

Edited by Asomodai