The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

On 31/12/2021 at 17:00, Ebeneezer Goode said:

Jings that's a veritable parts feast that. Did you get anywhere with reassembling the gearbox or improving the fps yet Rostok?

Yeah, there's a thread over in Electric Guns where I've been tracking my progress working on it... 

And thanks to the input of @Adolf Hamster, @Asomodai and @ak2m4 I've actually got it up-and-running. 

I've not actually used the new piston and piston head, I got a better air seal with the old piston!
It's now running a teeny-tiny bit too hot at ~355fps so when I take it apart again to do a lube job with some proper grease, I'll maybe swap over (it's definitely better made, so worth using), see how it goes

• Moderators

On the clothing front, bought a pair of Helikon Greyman trousers, see how they look for smarter for work instead of the combats 😂. Only issue is sizing is not the same as the usual SFU trousers and they have a Velcro waist fastener

19 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Yeah, there's a thread over in Electric Guns where I've been tracking my progress working on it... 

And thanks to the input of @Adolf Hamster, @Asomodai and @ak2m4 I've actually got it up-and-running. 

I've not actually used the new piston and piston head, I got a better air seal with the old piston!
It's now running a teeny-tiny bit too hot at ~355fps so when I take it apart again to do a lube job with some proper grease, I'll maybe swap over (it's definitely better made, so worth using), see how it goes

Knock one tooth off the sector and you'll be golden.

1 hour ago, Skara said:

Knock one tooth off the sector and you'll be golden.

Ah, that's a thing I've not seen suggested before - is that to reduce power slightly, or for something else?

2 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Ah, that's a thing I've not seen suggested before - is that to reduce power slightly, or for something else?

Yup, reduces power without having to cut springs or shorten the barrel.

Plus helps avoiding PME and a bunch of other benefits like faster cycle time.

Just make sure you have enough air volume before getting excited with a Dremel :D

3 hours ago, Skara said:

Yup, reduces power without having to cut springs or shorten the barrel.

Plus helps avoiding PME and a bunch of other benefits like faster cycle time.

Just make sure you have enough air volume before getting excited with a Dremel :D

Excellent - Let's continue this in my F2000 tinkering thread...

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

On 04/01/2022 at 11:51, #blackadder said:

Bought this WE Scar H SSR fitted with Inferno Gen2 premium mainly for the engine . It was painted black at some point by a previous owner ( not the seller ) . I was praying I could get the paint off and it took me two days with Isopropyl , kitchen green scourers and a toothbrush . Here it is as nature and the Belgians intended :-

004A8EAC-CF8D-42A9-BF3D-4282BB6A5792.jpeg

B21F884D-6B21-43F5-AC4D-4DAF55B10F0C.jpeg

That looks really cool. I've got the files for a set of M-LOK rails for the SSR somewhere if you want a more modern look. 

This airsoft lark is worse than having a crack habit isn't it?

My F2000 Battlefield 4 build slowly takes shape... got one of the "Amazon specials" red dot sights as it's the spitting image of the games' Coyote sight

552746198_F2000Coyote.jpg.6736a71507a2c1e2b43a56b959a8760e.jpg

View down the sight (difficult to get the focus right, but the reticle is sharp in reality)

image.png.1c31e84a0998ffb0d4ec021999852a4b.png

All in all, it's pretty damned nice for £23, next day (Prime) delivery.  The actual design means it won't survive being bashed on a tree, it's got nothing on my Kobra, but the build quality is decent.
Next step is to try to build / bodge a RIS rail into the handguard so I can put a stubby grip on it... 

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

28 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

The actual design means it won't survive being bashed on a tree, it's got nothing on my Kobra, but the build quality is decent.

I bought a slip on sight protector for those last night.  Replaces the standard rubber cover for one with a polycarbonate window.  £8 ish from E-Bay.  

I'll have to wait until it eventually gets here to rate it.  

The Tuna build's lookin good @RostokMcSpoons. I like the idea of a simple RDS and bought one from Amazon last summer, sadly my eyes didn't agree (astigmatism) I couldn't get it in focus no matter what I did, so back it went. Fiddlesticks.

It's a pity there don't seem to be any airsoft F2000 scopes around, cos that really would look the dug's baws.

Cheers 😊. There's not much to see as a 'build' yet, once I get the spray paint on it, and start hacking the front end to get a RIS rail and stubby grip on it, then it will be a build

I've got astigmatism too, but it's working fine for me with my toric contact lenses.  Lucky I guess!

One thing I've noticed with this red dot is it is very small and low profile.  So too low when I'm wearing my OneTigris mouth/ear protection.  So I'm going to buy a riser rail for it.

Well taking of airsoft scopes, I didn't get on that well with my old 4x32 scope on my M906, but I'm very tempted with this at £20...

https://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/products/3-9x40-ir-zoom-scope/

Looks a bit of a bargain, but I'm spending some money on other things first... Expect another post in this thread soon 😋

34 minutes ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

I bought a slip on sight protector for those last night.  Replaces the standard rubber cover for one with a polycarbonate window.  £8 ish from E-Bay.  

I'll have to wait until it eventually gets here to rate it.  

Yes definitely interested in that!  That looks superb for the price, I was willing to risk the sight rather than fit the usual type of lens protector in front of it.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

Looks neat, I'll have to see how well it actually fits etc.

Here's the catalogue pic.  

Image 1 - Airsoft Red Dot Sight Lens Protector - Holographic Optic Shield Cover Type 1

Poor impulse control resulted in these arriving today...

6x lct mid caps for my hk53

1x golden eagle mc6595m

The golden eagle is actually pretty nice, this is extremely surprising given how cheap it is!

The stock, charging handle and flash hiders are hideous and so replacements have already been ordered.

The magazine isnt great while it holds gas (which is shocking for one of these) it unfortunately wont fire the final bb it sits too high in the magazine to trip the bolt stop but too low to be picked up by the BCG.

20220107_143813.jpg

20220107_144420.jpg

20220107_144522.jpg

20220107_144529.jpg

This arrived surprisingly quickly.   It came from the UK rather than China as assumed.

Fits incredibly well, really pleased with it.  It doesn't affect the optical quality at all.  @RostokMcSpoonsmay be interested.

20220107_174020.thumb.jpg.d9a1bba746d86426946602589a15ebe4.jpg

20220107_174719.thumb.jpg.038d96ff775f9d30e5464ee3a5ccb81c.jpg

20220107_174707.thumb.jpg.2f96c10f0400ecc5a30da9c79bbccab9.jpg

34 minutes ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

This arrived surprisingly quickly.   It came from the UK rather than China as assumed.

Fits incredibly well, really pleased with it.  It doesn't affect the optical quality at all.  @RostokMcSpoonsmay be interested.

20220107_174020.thumb.jpg.d9a1bba746d86426946602589a15ebe4.jpg

20220107_174719.thumb.jpg.038d96ff775f9d30e5464ee3a5ccb81c.jpg

20220107_174707.thumb.jpg.2f96c10f0400ecc5a30da9c79bbccab9.jpg

RostokMcSpoons is more than interested, he's bloody well buying one 😄

• Supporters

🥳🥳finally my belated birthday present to myself 🥳🥳C80E33F1-C778-467B-8498-38EDEC10C226.thumb.jpeg.db92614a71f3622a3cfa293c9c778c7b.jpeg

(in fairness this isn’t a all day type of gun, you go through bb’s and gas like it’s going out of fashion, 1 or 2 games max imho)