The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

4 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

Your ability to keep finding new stuff to strap to your poor SCAR never ceases to amaze me

Only two of those are for the scar, side button for the torch and top for the dbal, 2 others for my Orion, the rest are spares.

Not exactly exciting, but I bought an AK sling from Ant Supplies.  I must have a silly number as I put one on each rif, even the Imperialist ones.  The leather tabs always need a good soak in leather food, but then I expect them to be as long lived as my 1940's Mosin sling. 

However... this one has a new 'leatherette' style of tab which is thin and lacks grip around the stud.  The canvas is thinner and flatter, and the buckle is now ridiculously oversized as a consequence.  

Shame as these have always been a real bargain.

20211223_010111.thumb.jpg.3a25ffa5e3f99def2e8fe10ef101dd25.jpg

20211223_010121.thumb.jpg.cdd2b80f89da62d3498457b7ed9e1841.jpg

3 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

No, sorry, got a link?

£250.67 | EvolutionGear TANGO 6T DVO 1-6X24mm FFP Illuminated LPVO Scope and NF MA479 1.57'' Mount
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msA0kk4

I’m quite tempted to take a punt on a Black one

Belated Merry Christmas everyone. Hope Santa brought you all lots of nice airsoft toys.

Unusually flush due to a long nightshift and lots of on call last month, bought a smorgasbord of useful stuff today via Amazon and PB.

Mr. Bezos sending me glue gun sticks and plastikote so I can finish my Sci Fi Armour project, a couple of mag pouches and a garden hose as my now sorted motorbike is badly needing washed... meanwhile, a minor spending spree at PB netted a couple of hi caps, scope rings (for a 4x40 Simmons I'm acquiring in the new year) and a 200mm dummy suppressor to make my squat UAR look a bit leaner and meaner. Or something.

The Minox scopes are tremendous value.  I'd plumb for one over a Simmons tbh.  Have a look at Sportsman Gun Centre perhaps.

20211230_184005.thumb.jpg.4d87a5aa7f593232c053da2c9de0b027.jpg

Impulse purchase as I had a gift voucher to use. First TM pistol. Not loving the plastic, but it's all about performance at the end of the day. Only a back up too, so may go for the Guarder metal kit in time.

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

it's all about performance at the end

may go for the Guarder metal kit in time.

You gotta pick one of the two man.

I have an E2 that I bring up at every opportunity.  Been bone stock for bloody years and it just works, and works.. and works.  Any weather, zero maintenance, shoots straight and far, an absolute no brainer go-to that I never ever have to worry about because when I pull the trigger it goes pop; frankly an awesome primary in close CQB.  Personally I'd strongly recommend a different 226 if you want metal so you always have this dependable workhorse at your side, I'll bet any money you will massively appreciate having it in your collection always ready to go when others might let you down (depending what else you have obviously).

Totally behind @TheFull9 on this one, I’ve got an E2 which is my back up pistol and hasn’t failed me once. I only use my Glock 19 more as I prefer the feel of it. 

I find the E2 actually has a much stronger kick than other pistols I’ve used, and with plenty of range and accuracy to boot. 

30 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

You gotta pick one of the two man.

I have an E2 that I bring up at every opportunity.  Been bone stock for bloody years and it just works, and works.. and works.  Any weather, zero maintenance, shoots straight and far, an absolute no brainer go-to that I never ever have to worry about because when I pull the trigger it goes pop; frankly an awesome primary in close CQB.  Personally I'd strongly recommend a different 226 if you want metal so you always have this dependable workhorse at your side, I'll bet any money you will massively appreciate having it in your collection always ready to go when others might let you down (depending what else you have obviously).

Very true. Just ran it through the chrono. 240-250 fps at approx .8j on .28s and green gas. Very surprised at the recoil for a plastic pistol. Looking forward to getting it out on the range. Will definitely be keeping everything stock for now...and probably always will tbh. 

Do you run green gas or 144a?

6 minutes ago, Jacob Wright said:

I’ve always run green in mine. 

Happy with that. Just surprised that the kick was similar to the CO2 mag I run in my Glock! 

Need to find another holster now 🤣

• Supporters
3 hours ago, EDcase said:

Now you just have to 'wear' it 😉

DSCN2699.thumb.JPG.0ab0a6bbddef097957755970f10e6fe7.JPG

On the ‘to do’ list 😉

Ps nice job you’ve done there .👍

1 hour ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

Remember, short, controlled bursts...

Aliens remains my all time favourite film. And the Pulse Rifle one of the coolest ever gnus, along with the MA5 and Morita.

It was on ITV4 last night, my mrs had never seen it so put it on to watch, it’s on my list of top 10 great movies, she would rate paint drying higher

Wimmen huh!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Upgrade kit for my F2000... SHS High Torque, XT Piston, Cylinder + head, XT piston, shim set...
image.thumb.png.93f0455632f1ba20f4718be4f73d8c68.png

For a guy who can't get his V3 gearbox to fit together after 7 hours of effort, this feels like a bold move :) But if I'm ever going to learn this stuff, might as well go in at the deep end!