The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

18 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Just purchased a few cnc items from Pablo Vila Ferrero in the GHK owners Facebook group. Not cheap, but should be worth it.

If you have to ask, you don’t deserve to know what they are 😉
Hopefully here within a week or so from Madrid 😎

I think I may go get an order in for some Ak ones after chrimbo. Heard they work flawlessly. 

10 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Im looking forward to finding out

My M4 is in hibernation until warmer days 🙁

Have you dh yet? Apparently this negates the British weather, but I must say my years of gbb experience kinda prefers green gas with some kind of lube it to maintain those seals….

2 hours ago, SBoardley said:

Have you dh yet? Apparently this negates the British weather, but I must say my years of gbb experience kinda prefers green gas with some kind of lube it to maintain those seals….

I tried Propane, it stank and was terrible though my MP9 liked it 🤷🏻‍♂️
I have Co2 mags that take 12g capsules, tried them in colder weather , it too was a poor result. So I will be sticking to green gas. I have 6 gg mags, so hopefully won’t suffer (the gbbr habit is infuriating 😂 )

Last game with it I was frantically bombing up every chance I got. I Did get circa 120 shots per mag though, so efficiency on gg is really good

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

A couple of stock accessories. 

The Airtech Studios extension for the ARP556

20211216_170427.thumb.jpg.b145040a635d823374e0974ed1b7f42c.jpg

20211216_170446.thumb.jpg.1b598646e77b8cd65f6d407eab9dfe45.jpg

And a Guarder Stock Pad for the XM177 

20211216_170535.thumb.jpg.2c0ce57042b3a77aeb02fe89a0d3a286.jpg20211216_172051.thumb.jpg.f6e26f22afadc9efa4d22cfd625ecd36.jpg

Edited by MagpieTactical

Guest Mr. No_Face
  • FMA helmet bridge cover
  • Patrol Base recently stocked up on more mp7 aeg mags so grabbed two more of those. Now Running 6 mags.
  • Condor Tidepool hydration carrier

Still on the look out for a gopro hero 7 or a condor roam 2(3) to replace my outdated condor 1.

thumbnail_IMG_3411.thumb.jpg.73b58c96762ae8dec063459a3b6e17b5.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3412.thumb.jpg.a8eb0c46f95803acad67d09c066099dc.jpg

37 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

New Vortex Spitfire clone, basically perfect for 1/4 the price

757E0D50-5AC4-46E1-84AA-18C10E60909E.jpeg

1C2C49E6-3674-408E-B398-3554F649B715.jpeg

BE518D90-05F5-49B5-959B-B71F5F4F7FD7.jpeg

This has made my day. Took a punt on one a couple of weeks ago, assumed it’d be tosh! I hope they do the 5x as well, I won’t be able to resist 

Edited by Alimcd

2 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

New Vortex Spitfire clone, basically perfect for 1/4 the price

That looks excellent, where did you get it from?   3x mag with a red dot and wide field of view seems a better bet than the 4x32 scope I've tried and didn't really get on with

7 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

That looks excellent, where did you get it from?   3x mag with a red dot and wide field of view seems a better bet than the 4x32 scope I've tried and didn't really get on with

It’s not a wide field of view, but Aliexpress

Ordered this a couple of weeks ago.  Big thanks to those who commented on my 'will this be suitable for AK mags' post.  

It easily takes two AK mags per pouch, with a weird divider in front of them that lies flat, but may accept an M4 mag.  With smaller mags the flaps close further.  There are two male studs per female stud that are mounted one above the other.   There is also enough velcro to make the studs a bit superfluous tbh.  The thing takes eight AK mags in total, which in real terms is about five over what you need, but it's semi-precision dressing up init.  The mag sections are easy big enough for bag of BBs, speedloader and bottle of water, so the square side poaches won't get used.  I may even glue them flat from the inside with weak water based glue.    The space under the chest opening is cavernous if you are a sheet of cardboard.  Might be useful for a section of old roll mat for sitting on.

The quality is pretty good, no loose threads or weak looking corners, although the stitching is only single row with reinforced stress points, so I wouldn't fancy being carried/dragged by it.  The buckles could grip the straps better but that's 90% of kit with polyester straps.   Shoulder straps are not too generous, it may ride a bit high if you are built like a gorilla.  I'll adjust it to my liking and tape the straps into place. 

The green one is similar in shade to a new British lightweight shirt, but shinier obvs.

For less than £20 it's a decent enough ANA replica that's about a fifth of the price.  It won't impress stitch counters but this is an annual couple of milsims, not reenactment.  

Image 25 - Outdoor Chest Rig Men Hunting Modular Tactical Vest CS Game Molle Pouch

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304117709117?var=603240124544    

Edited by Tactical Pith Helmet
Added comment re: velcro

Got me one of these from that there AliExpress... a £21 chronograph so I can check whether my 'upgrades' make things better or worse :)

Chrono.jpg.b7e32228d132ceb278af2d94de70206a.jpg

... my God it's small!  (it's about 1" in height) 
The tube that you shoot down is very narrow, hence those brass tubes which are used to position the chrono on the end of the barrel (here it's set up for my 35mm diameter silencer)
It seems to work ok, but the normal-sized ones have the big advantage of not needing to faff around with those mounting tubes (or risking damaging the inside of the chrono if it's wrongly positioned)

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

13 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Got me one of these from that there AliExpress... a £21 chronograph so I can check whether my 'upgrades' make things better or worse :)

image.thumb.png.13ba5d611bbf81eb5cd9124f41cea0b4.png

... my God it's small!  (it's about 1" in height) 
The tube that you shoot down is very narrow, hence those brass tubes which are used to position the chrono on the end of the barrel (here it's set up for my 35mm diameter silencer)
It seems to work ok, but the normal-sized ones have the big advantage of not needing to faff around with those mounting tubes (or risking damaging the inside of the chrono if it's wrongly positioned)

I've got one of these. Seems accurate but yeah, didn't bother with the mounting tubes and have shot the hell out of it. Whoops.

Patrolbase messed up my order so I got them to exchange it for an item of similar value. Got this for £75 (the rifle, not the extra bits. Those I already had!) including postage with a bottle of .3s. It's supposedly VSR compatible, so I'll find out to what extent when I get a 60 degree autobot rubber and omega nub in the next few days. From a cylinder/trigger perspective, it isn't VSR compatible as the cylinder is slightly shorter and the trigger box isn't quite the same size. It didn't accept my Laylax cylinder and SCW S-trigger, though the parts inside the cylinder looked like they could be compatible, so if it breaks I'll try putting my SCW piston and spring guide in there. Chrono'd at 0.95J on a .32, so I'm not going to be taking apart the cylinder anyway until it breaks, as I like my spring snipers to be lower power with no MED, as my HPA VSR is more than capable of doing 2.3J and lower power is quieter for spring guns.

Is it as good as the VSR? No. The bolt pull is a bit weird and requires some force to push it back into place, even after lubing the outside of the cylinder with PTFE grease. I think it's a little louder than my 1.1J spring VSR build, it's a bit heavier than the VSR and, obviously, it's 0.95J as opposed to my 1.1J VSR which is right on the limit. However, I wouldn't say it was a bad purchase. If it sucks on the range after I put the Maple Leaf rubber in when I take it to my local site in the new year, then it'll be bad, but I really like the fact it's relatively unique (don't see many m40a3 builds out there) and love the adjustable stock and cheek rest. Also, having QD sling attachments is nice as I have a genuine magpul ms4 gathering dust on my TM416D that I never use as I don't like AEGs (even recoil ones like my 416!) since buying and firing my TM AKM GBBR and I have no other guns that can use it. I guess I could get the Maple Leaf stock for the VSR, but I just... don't like it.

IMG_20211220_163915306.thumb.jpg.492e9aabafe23fe3802fdbda900e76ab.jpg

I got my WADSN Unity / hotbuttons:

IMG_20211222_033143.thumb.jpg.f3ddf2076c6ee57e6138962a43f421a8.jpg

IMG_20211222_033054.thumb.jpg.ea6c4974aaabc9d05a7d91c4606a9708.jpg###

FuHW1La.jpg

Need to swap the button behind the dbal back to a button with a RAMP, not enough room in front of the eotech to easily get my thumb in there.

Like this:

LrwRAer.jpg

Only it'll be a tan button with a smaller connector.

Edited by paradoxum

Santa (UPS) arrived early this year...

image.png.8f81db9e4d6838d16773779a3404c53d.png

But I'm not going to open the box until Christmas morning.

Oh, the anticip......

.... ation :)

Also... 18,000 Bio 0.28g BBs, an M105 spring, and a nozzle and fuses for my AK.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

18 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Santa (UPS) arrived early this year...

image.png.8f81db9e4d6838d16773779a3404c53d.png

But I'm not going to open the box until Christmas morning.

Oh, the anticip......

.... ation :)

Also... 18,000 Bio 0.28g BBs, an M105 spring, and a nozzle and fuses for my AK.

ups actually managed to deliver something ? Holy shit, it's a Christmas miracle !

4 hours ago, paradoxum said:

I got my WADSN Unity / hotbuttons:

IMG_20211222_033143.thumb.jpg.f3ddf2076c6ee57e6138962a43f421a8.jpg

IMG_20211222_033054.thumb.jpg.ea6c4974aaabc9d05a7d91c4606a9708.jpg###

FuHW1La.jpg

Need to swap the button behind the dbal back to a button with a RAMP, not enough room in front of the eotech to easily get my thumb in there.

Like this:

LrwRAer.jpg

Only it'll be a tan button with a smaller connector.

Your ability to keep finding new stuff to strap to your poor SCAR never ceases to amaze me

58 minutes ago, Nick G said:

ups actually managed to deliver something ? Holy shit, it's a Christmas miracle !

AND he knocked on the door and waited until someone answered! (Admittedly it was me, and it took me approximately 3.2 seconds to run down the stairs as I got that spidey-sense tingle, in spite of the fact that just 4 minutes prior I'd sent an email to JD Airsoft to ask if my gun had been sent yet, as the order status was still 'preparing'!)

And he smiled nicely and wished me a happy Xmas.  So actually an effort 'Worthy Of Laudation' from the UPS chap this time.