The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

On 23/11/2021 at 21:42, Tackle said:

Got a good deal on a boneyard Secutor Velites gas shottie & hard case, hopefully a fairly easy fix ? 

@Enid_Puceflange sorry mate😜

fetch.jpg

@Tackle 

My consolation prize

A Cyma 870 springer with a decent quantity of cartridges for the price of postage 🤌😂

Want to paint the pump & stock to make it look a bit more “Magpul” Then I will day glo fibre the sights. Planning a few pistol & shotgun games on our site soon 😁

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

New addition to the battery family... a couple of Turnigy Nano-tech 11.1v Li-Po's, 1200mAH.   Having bought a Titan that I expect to power any of my guns all day long, it was a bit silly buying them, but I couldn't resist seeing what the extra Rate Of Fire would be like.   Yeah, it's fun :)   And these particular batteries were disposably cheap at less than £8 each. (HobbyKing).  As I found my old ammo can I've got somewhere decent to store them in, so I'm a little less nervous about having Li-Po's in the house.

image.png.5e23dcef9379420dda9cc21bfe0b2348.png

I made a pic with the other batteries, because I'm constantly impressed by the shrinking size of the batteries these days.  This new one is just 130x20x16mm
My old 9.6v NIMH brick and the 600mAH stick show how far things have come.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

A retailer local-ish to me has one king arms pdw stock 😮

I'm waking up super early tomorrow to collect it on my way to my drone piloting exam :D

Just need one more now (preferably in fde)

Guest Mr. No_Face
  • Bought a much needed Xcortech, chronograph to test my newly upgraded M120 spring for my MP7. Got it chrono'd at a consistent 350 to 354 fps now.
  • A second weaker M105 spring to cut down to around 320fps for indoor games.
  • finally Bolt Cutters for the job.🤙

thumbnail_IMG_3160.thumb.jpg.b71c3b1c045974f1f10fd340883e17e7.jpg

19 minutes ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

This arrived today. Rather chuffed.

Looks a bit classic Doomguy to me, which was not intentional.20211201_192055.thumb.jpg.b36273621de430d0f60ca46849540ebc.jpg

Niiice! But can you look down sights with it on.

🤔

Regards 

Ordered an A3 front rail for the WE L85 GBBR at the weekend (black friday deal) then tripped over an A2 front rail on ebay.

Rather suspect it may be a genuine one. Needs an adaptor to fit but I've taken a punt and ordered the madbull one from Fire support. Also needs a different gas block but the A3 one should work.

Been watching Bluestone 42 again so couldn't resist this one !

PC010003.thumb.JPG.884e53750fb63b606bf8873f44d50a26.JPG

On 24/11/2021 at 16:51, Badgerlicious said:

Just waiting for the glue to dry....

IMG_20211124_155516.thumb.jpg.ae017fa313adfbbc902f035367f60dd6.jpg

Good luck.. I had two break on me and they had JB Weld on them.

The first one had to be trashed but they gave me a 20% discount code.

The second one they charged me £30 to replace the circuit board with the faulty contacts that were about to wobble off.

I've had like 10 motors in the past 4-5 years, not a single one has a remotely bent pin. Pretty disappointed with Warhead to be honest - for that price, and to basically have to buy a whole new one, and pay to have their own manufacturing faults fixed - poor show really, never heard of customer satisfaction - guarantees return business and is.. good business. 

But yeah, good luck.

On 27/11/2021 at 12:43, RostokMcSpoons said:

New addition to the battery family... a couple of Turnigy Nano-tech 11.1v Li-Po's, 1200mAH.   Having bought a Titan that I expect to power any of my guns all day long, it was a bit silly buying them, but I couldn't resist seeing what the extra Rate Of Fire would be like.   Yeah, it's fun :)   And these particular batteries were disposably cheap at less than £8 each. (HobbyKing).  As I found my old ammo can I've got somewhere decent to store them in, so I'm a little less nervous about having Li-Po's in the house.

image.png.5e23dcef9379420dda9cc21bfe0b2348.png

I made a pic with the other batteries, because I'm constantly impressed by the shrinking size of the batteries these days.  This new one is just 130x20x16mm
My old 9.6v NIMH brick and the 600mAH stick show how far things have come.

Are the turnigy 15-25c better than the nuprol 30cs? Enough to replace two of them? Trying to get more RPS out of a DSG and people keep saying new battery but can't find a 50c one that'll fit without demolishing the inside of teh stock.

7 minutes ago, paradoxum said:

Good luck.. I had two break on me and they had JB Weld on them.

The first one had to be trashed but they gave me a 20% discount code.

The second one they charged me £30 to replace the circuit board with the faulty contacts that were about to wobble off.

I've had like 10 motors in the past 4-5 years, not a single one has a remotely bent pin. Pretty disappointed with Warhead to be honest - for that price, and to basically have to buy a whole new one, and pay to have their own manufacturing faults fixed - poor show really, never heard of customer satisfaction - guarantees return business and is.. good business. 

But yeah, good luck.

Damn, that is unfortunate, and not great customer service to be honest. I had heard the connectors were weak, though they have apparently strengthened them in the latest batches. 

1 hour ago, Badgerlicious said:

Damn, that is unfortunate, and not great customer service to be honest. I had heard the connectors were weak, though they have apparently strengthened them in the latest batches. 

What bothers me most is that they have openly admitted to it being their fault - you want to know how many working original black warhead motors there will be in 2 years time? absolutely 0.

The fact that I had to buy a pretty much entirely new motor due to their own issues would swear me off buying any more products from them if I knew someone else that did brushless aeg motors for the same price.

6 hours ago, paradoxum said:

Are the turnigy 15-25c better than the nuprol 30cs? Enough to replace two of them? Trying to get more RPS out of a DSG and people keep saying new battery but can't find a 50c one that'll fit without demolishing the inside of teh stock.

I've not skirmished with the Turnigys yet... just a bit of plinking with the 30% charge they were shipped with.
With the anti-Nuprol feeling in these forums (manifested quite recently against their batteries, iirc) then there's every chance the Turnigys will out-perform the Nuprol, but I'm absolutely not an expert, and my experience is very limited.  But from what I've read I'm not expecting a great deal of longevity (in terms of cycles) from the Turnigys.  The 'nano-cell' technology is marketed as more robust in the short term but long-term reviews are 'meh'.   But at £8 a throw... I'm not too bothered. 

25 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I've not skirmished with the Turnigys yet... just a bit of plinking with the 30% charge they were shipped with.
With the anti-Nuprol feeling in these forums (manifested quite recently against their batteries, iirc) then there's every chance the Turnigys will out-perform the Nuprol, but I'm absolutely not an expert, and my experience is very limited.  But from what I've read I'm not expecting a great deal of longevity (in terms of cycles) from the Turnigys.  The 'nano-cell' technology is marketed as more robust in the short term but long-term reviews are 'meh'.   But at £8 a throw... I'm not too bothered. 

I'm looking at this:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/spektrum-2200mah-3s-11.1v-100c-smart-lipo-battery-ic3-443852

It won't fit in the buffer tube in my Orion, but the Hera stock has a lot of room so I'll just take it apart and dremel some of the crap inside out of the way. The specs / info on that battery look pretty good, but I'm sure there will be people saying just get x,y,z brands. (Which I'd love to hear from, if you can find me a battery that'll fit.)

Guest Mr. No_Face

Decided to buy the PTS MTEK Flux helmet and have nothing but good things to say about it. It's comfortable and fits great even with my face plates on.

It even fits well when wearing impact headsets underneath, although gonna be investing in some adaptors for my secondary Earmor M32H headsets to mount them to the helmet instead. 

Aye, I can finally record some good POV game footage. 🤙🤙🤙

thumbnail_IMG_3232.thumb.jpg.c98b60829561207c3dd5a990c1680383.jpg

Edited by Mr. No_Face

Guest Mr. No_Face

Bought some earmor M-Lok Adapters for my PTS Flux. Starting to build a little helmet set up.

thumbnail_IMG_3252.thumb.jpg.5220bb9ca88f02362994793dd9e63ef8.jpg

Also was not intending on coming across so creepy in this photo. My room is at the back of the apartment and gets no damn natural light lol.

thumbnail_IMG_3284.jpg.cb376ed9fb04717e833dd6dbc1d27bce.jpg

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, HuttArmouries said:

Picked up these two to add to my weird ass collection. Got the ktw winchester in an auction and it needs a new safety but otherwise seems to work fine. 

photo_2021-12-10_12-43-52.jpg

What's the top one B, is it a type 89 ? 

Looks a bit FN, I likey 🤤

7 minutes ago, Tackle said:

What's the top one B, is it a type 89 ? 

Looks a bit FN, I likey 🤤

Yes indeedy Its a clone of the tokyo marui type 89  so a hell of a lot cheaper. It was sold under like 5 different company names but this one was listed as a tercel

Also got a daewoo k2c1 on the way =D

Ngyq3hLLvLJOnp3TAhXCfiPWj5xhsBK5-lzQPO_c

Edited by HuttArmouries

I picked up a new battle harness recently. so changed from a black Viper Skeleton harness to the Viper Battle Harness in multicam.
And during Black Friday I spotted some big discounts on the Novritsch (sorry) modular suppressor and one of the rifle camo covers.  The cover was so cheap I thought I'd see what it was like... not bad I think - it certainly breaks up 'black slab' of the top half of the gun

image.png.57745214c030ef52001bdfefe26292a5.png

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

Bullgear are having a sale on atm... Seeing as I already have their hop unit & boxmag for the Mk46...thought i'd splash out and buy a electric mag loader for all my M4 Midcaps that I use.... $105 shipped. (£80)  Their stuff is of very good quality and this little gem should be nice.

P_20211203_142332-800x800.jpg

p_20211203_142223-800x800.jpg

Just purchased a few cnc items from Pablo Vila Ferrero in the GHK owners Facebook group. Not cheap, but should be worth it.

If you have to ask, you don’t deserve to know what they are 😉
Hopefully here within a week or so from Madrid 😎

Edited by Enid_Puceflange