The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

25 minutes ago, Jacob Wright said:

I’m not normally a fan of short M4’s…. But it does look nice!

Cheers :) I've already got a full length M16, so had to get away from that.  I was initially going for the PDW / CQB stubby, but this feels a good compromise now I've got it in hand

image.png.00c405a6b0ef67b099739af8b8716213.png

8 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

until I can find a 27mm polycarbonate disc to use as a lens protector!

Lexan, hacksaw, sandpaper, and about 30 minutes of hand cramp. 

• Supporters
19 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I'm certainly not going to skirmish it again until I can find a 27mm polycarbonate disc to use as a lens protector!

Drop this guy a message on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294273163040?var=592925401510

I bought a couple of his - one for a contour camera and one for an M2 and they're really rather good. He does a custom size option if you tell him what you want!

Cheers guys - but actually MPA airsoft sell pre-cut poly discs from 25mm up, as lens protectors.  I had identified them as the best source, but the p&p was a bit much for something that could go in a letter envelope. So I pooh-poohed it. 

"Never pooh-pooh a pooh-pooh".  
Useful advice, I'm sure you'll agree.

Anyway, turns out Nunfa1 is calling in there today and has offered to pick up a couple for me and post them on.  Top chap!

Just arrived yesterday, a clone Surefire dual switch from Ali Express

Really good quality plastics, about a tenner posted and arrived in just over 2 weeks from HK. Tidys up my hand guard loads

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

• Supporters

My Allwin DCU G3 set has FINALLY arrived from Royal Tiger after 4 months (nothing to do with UPS mind). No pics yet as it's still in the bags but it looks GLORIOUS!

On 04/11/2021 at 09:37, Lozart said:

Drop this guy a message on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294273163040?var=592925401510

I bought a couple of his - one for a contour camera and one for an M2 and they're really rather good. He does a custom size option if you tell him what you want!

Literally just bought one of these today as I couldn't find anywhere that sold PC discs less than 50mm diameter to go on my feyachi RDS-36 so got one to fit my RMR. Aside from that bought the new acetech Bifrost, Onetigris lower mesh mask with ear protectors, bolle raider glasses all this before I own a rif 😂 got the eye pro and mask to make my second game more comfy as the rental masks were sh**....

• Supporters
53 minutes ago, Khyber said:

Onetigris lower mesh mask with ear protectors, bolle raider glasses all this before I own a rif 😂 got the eye pro and mask to make my second game more comfy as the rental masks were sh**....

Good face pro is the only thing entirely necessary to get involved in an airsoft game.  Well done on looking past the pile of shiny bullshit all stores constantly push on the player base and focusing on what matters (by far) the most.

If you maintain the same mindset as you continue on in the hobby you'll find you spend almost no down time in the safe zone or not going to games you wanted to attend because your guns and/or gear have failed you; a problem endemic to all sorts of players both new and seasoned on many occasions.

• Supporters
On 05/11/2021 at 13:33, Asomodai said:

Spare PPS Bizon Top Folding stock. 

PPS Bizon Flash hider

Core PN-2 Charging handle cover

If you don’t mind me asking , where’d you get the top folder from as I’ve been looking for ages and only places I found them where all out of stock ! 🤬

34 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

If you don’t mind me asking , where’d you get the top folder from as I’ve been looking for ages and only places I found them where all out of stock ! 🤬

Tiger111hk. 

It will only fit the PPS Bizon or E&L AK though. It's a 5mm pin. 

I already have a top folder on my PPS Bizon. Just wanted a spare.

Edited by Asomodai

In all it's crap-camera glory. I had another offer I couldn't refuse with this little beast. Tanaka m700 with a real steel Remington m700 wood stock. £400 all in for an upgraded, out of production rifle. The KJW m700 was the one on my list, so when I got this offer I was like "yeah, I can't say no to that, as much as I really should as I've already spent way too much"

One of the mags needs fettling, but it shoots nicely and is nice and quiet! :D

IMG_20211107_195347957.thumb.jpg.4a9c64dcb2b51e9b8be61be8478d6d40.jpg

I wanted one of these when I was a teenager, way back in 2006 when one of my team mates had one. 15 years later and I finally have one.

Edited by Impulse

On 05/11/2021 at 19:57, TheFull9 said:

Good face pro is the only thing entirely necessary to get involved in an airsoft game.  Well done on looking past the pile of shiny bullshit all stores constantly push on the player base and focusing on what matters (by far) the most.

If you maintain the same mindset as you continue on in the hobby you'll find you spend almost no down time in the safe zone or not going to games you wanted to attend because your guns and/or gear have failed you; a problem endemic to all sorts of players both new and seasoned on many occasions.

Thanks! Had that second day today. What a blast. Was so much more fun having decent visibility as the rental are full face mesh. The goggles and mask married up almost perfect with no gap between them. Sweated my ass of and didn't fog up either as the Raiders are slim but full seal and vented. And the mesh lower was extremely comfortable and did the job perfect. Got shot in the ear at close range and heard a loud ping that no doubt would have been extremely painful if i didn't have ear pro. Also the fabric cheeks make welding to the stock very easy compared to the rental mask. So all in all very happy with my first purchases and my second game day 

Edited by Khyber

A few bits have arrived to finish the OpFor rig i'll be using at the next Okto in January... because who doesn't like woodland and a Czech Ushanka 😅

Opfor rig.jpg

On 05/11/2021 at 13:04, Enid_Puceflange said:

Just arrived yesterday, a clone Surefire dual switch from Ali Express

Really good quality plastics, about a tenner posted and arrived in just over 2 weeks from HK. Tidys up my hand guard loads

0E22C754-77A0-4E46-91E7-D88BFCF335DB.thumb.jpeg.6e0dcd37058fe33bf2a095ca00aae8c8.jpeg

Don't pull to much on the wires coming out of the plastic housing..they're quite delicate....  Mine didn't last long...so try not move from rifle to rifle like I did....think I pulled on the wires to much. (Couldnt' fix it either.) But still was very handy when it worked. :)

Flash bang lighter

Will look cool on the loadout and handy for those pyros that don’t wanna spark up the regular way (pistol to show scale) it’s pretty big 😂

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

22 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Woops

too late to edit and add a fresh pic 😂

96BEA248-BC12-48EC-B065-ADB95D1D9061.thumb.jpeg.45c2732092fcdb761792386aa52ed382.jpeg435EB09E-9B13-4543-8F9A-A1C4F1E32403.thumb.jpeg.a8b39c581a562dfe7021af15f0fe1d76.jpeg

Niiice! Where from? 

Would make a great Xmas pressie.

Got this second hand for a very low price. Firesupport used to do this as a custom option. Its a tm recoil ak102 with lct furniture and a modified ak hop unit to allow the use of regular ak mags. It needs a new selector plate and a few screws here and there but otherwise seems in very good nick. And at the end of the day it cost me little enough that I can probably flog the lct furniture and get most of my money back!

222765650_Capture1.thumb.PNG.133fdb53b300c8b9b9acf63900a7dc70.PNG

10 hours ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

A few bits have arrived to finish the OpFor rig i'll be using at the next Okto in January... because who doesn't like woodland and a Czech Ushanka 😅

Opfor rig.jpg

Had one of these in my basket last time they did a run of them, was sold out when I went to pay and I don’t think they’re planning on doing any more ☹️

4 hours ago, Shamal said:

Niiice! Where from? 

Would make a great Xmas pressie.

They are on Ali Express bud

A really good selection of “grenade” styles.. this is quite big

If I was to buy again I would probably get a slightly smaller one

Took about 4 weeks to arrive , obviously due to it being a lighter and looking like a grenade 😂

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002447712740.html

13 hours ago, Jacob Wright said:

Had one of these in my basket last time they did a run of them, was sold out when I went to pay and I don’t think they’re planning on doing any more ☹️

tbf they keep saying this is the last run and then do another one. its a bit like the M81 ferro slingsters...

"it's the last time guys, we know we have said this for the last 5 years but we mean it this time"

So you may get another chance yet, i think this was their 2nd or 3rd run of them.