The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters
5 hours ago, MagpieTactical said:

The gun has actually arrived, although I have bought the handguards, just waiting on delivery

PSX_20211029_163418.thumb.jpg.06b5079492f6ebbbd126ab98a344af53.jpg

Sirweeeeeeeeeeet ! All you need now are VN mags and it’s sorted ?

7 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Sirweeeeeeeeeeet ! All you need now are VN mags and it’s sorted ?

Glad you like it!

Probably going to stick with the curved mags.  It's going to be used to fulfil a number of loadout/roles such as Delta, Blood Diamond, Pmc, CIA etc

So its not going to a replica of anything specific, but an impression of a lot of things. 

Hopefully getting a 3d printed sight extension for the back of the Compm2 to mimic an earlier Aimpoint a bit more, and working on a flashlight holder to fit round the barrel at the front sight base. 

Paint to follow probably too. 

Do you have a colour or scheme in mind?

I repainted the handguard and stock on my Commando, have considered an all over scheme however.

Edited by Ebeneezer Goode

9 hours ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

Do you have a colour or scheme in mind?

I repainted the handguard and stock on my Commando, have considered an all over scheme however.

I have some ideas rattling around but not settled in anything just yet

• Supporters
12 hours ago, MagpieTactical said:

Glad you like it!

Probably going to stick with the curved mags.  It's going to be used to fulfil a number of loadout/roles such as Delta, Blood Diamond, Pmc, CIA etc

So its not going to a replica of anything specific, but an impression of a lot of things. 

Hopefully getting a 3d printed sight extension for the back of the Compm2 to mimic an earlier Aimpoint a bit more, and working on a flashlight holder to fit round the barrel at the front sight base. 

Paint to follow probably too. 

I’m lucky I have an ICS I’ve had for ages that’s painted up in BHD/Blood diamond colors so I can swap between the two styles when ever I fancy all I need do is swap the suppressor for the long flash hider bolt my torch on and it goes from Garry Gordon’s 733 to Danny Archers CAR-15 , I use it as a CAR if I’m playing CQB(for the torch)  or as the 733 in woodland .

so I’m going to keep the new Cyma as an ‘early days’ AR .😉

this is it as a BHD impression . 👍

3CF77C94-F992-4AB6-ABCA-3FC10606ABF1.jpeg

A bit of a tm binge for me:

NGRS URGI

PTS EPM X6

Magpul M Lok handstop

TM Detonics .45

I must admit i fall into the finding NGRS "recoil" gimmicky faction but i cannot deny its out of the box performance!

The two things that i am surprised/disappointed by are the lack of guiselle markings on the rail system and the lack of resistance on the bolt release.

The Detonics is actually surprisingly good for the first few shots given its diminutive barrel length but after the first 5/6 rounds that quickly drops off due to the tiny magazines miniscule gas capacity but its good fun none the less and lets face it this isnt a RIF that you purchase for its effectiveness in a skirmish.

These are my first modern TM purchases and i must say I'm impressed, they perform excellently out of the box and feel great in the hand.

The plastics are excellent and nothing like the cheap rattly plastics of old.

16356309173996349119742262718646.jpg

16356309564937957278214631199739.jpg

163563099233960821754919206750.jpg

16356310106987769726850830630622.jpg

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Mad-Al said:

The Detonics is actually surprisingly good for the first few shots given its diminutive barrel length but after the first 5/6 rounds that quickly drops off due to the tiny magazines miniscule gas capacity but its good fun none the less and lets face it this isnt a RIF that you purchase for its effectiveness in a skirmish.

Somethings not right there bud , I’ve got one and I have zero problems like that with mine . There’s no change in performance from the 1st to last BB out of a fresh mag and I can get a good few rounds out of the next reload before I detect ant drop off due to gassing out .

Past 2 weeks i have purchased a few items...

- Replacement thumb safety, frame detents and spring for my hicapa from bespoke airsoft

-cnc hammer for my AAP01 and a 3 point sling for my tippmann (with m320 mounted) from tango down airsoft

Also bought the new acetech bifrost tracer unit.  Ordered direct from acetech on tuesday 19th (my birthday) and it was on my doorstep on the Friday.  Have run it on my tippmann the past 2 weekends at different sites, drawing admiring glances (and a bit of jealousy) from other players. (Cant find photo on my phone, so will take a pic and upload when i get home tonight)

-An aftermarket hop adjuster mechanism for my tippmann frim airsoftshopNL, but didnt get a pic before i fitted it.

Just bought a batch of TAG Reapers and a second FIST2 fill station from airsoftworld, which will be sent out later this week after getting held up in europe.

20211020_115938.jpg

20211021_125420.jpg

• Supporters
On 30/10/2021 at 07:45, MagpieTactical said:

Hopefully getting a 3d printed sight extension for the back of the Compm2 to mimic an earlier Aimpoint a bit more,

oooo....do tell!

Screenshot_20211101-181148_YouTube.thumb.jpg.a5eda4668df884cf78bbb1182fad32bc.jpg

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

oooo....do tell!

Tom from AATV does them. It will just make it look a bit longer. Uses another scope ring to hold it at the eye end of the sight. 

Edited by MagpieTactical

10 hours ago, Spartan09 said:

Also bought the new acetech bifrost tracer unit. 

______

(Cant find photo on my phone, so will take a pic and upload when i get home tonight)

As promised in my previous post, and in the spirit of the thread..   i give you pics of my recently acquired acetech bifrost...

Amazing bit of kit

20211102_021751.jpg

20211102_021828.jpg

• Supporters
15 hours ago, MagpieTactical said:

Screenshot_20211101-181148_YouTube.thumb.jpg.a5eda4668df884cf78bbb1182fad32bc.jpg

Tom from AATV does them. It will just make it look a bit longer. Uses another scope ring to hold it at the eye end of the sight. 

Cool, I guess the bast way to get hold of him is a message on Facebook?

Guest Mr. No_Face

Well, It's the first time in years since I've been able to attend an upcoming event with my full squad, so I went and bought a bunch of gear to celebrate the occasion.

• x2 Mp7 mags (Now I can finally run this as a primary)
  • Howard Leight by Honeywell Impact sport ear protectors 
  • Some "high grade" .20 bbs
  • 9mm mag rubbers
  • Crye Precision AC combat trousers
  • Blacked out, skull face mask with metallic finish.

It's a miracle I got any of these items since DPD just dumped them outside of my door in full view of the general public.

"left in a safe place" my arse.

thumbnail_IMG_3029.thumb.jpg.15437ae43d818e1265ac77ccbdf4abe7.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3030.thumb.jpg.ed7a648e75e2877d0dbf21f2c219eb88.jpg

8 hours ago, Lozart said:

Cool, I guess the bast way to get hold of him is a message on Facebook?

I Messaged him through Instagram, but I imagine FB would work just as well.  He has just been away on a milsim, so am awaiting a reply on how to actually pay etc, but I dare say he will get back to you. 

3 hours ago, MagpieTactical said:

I Messaged him through Instagram, but I imagine FB would work just as well.  He has just been away on a milsim, so am awaiting a reply on how to actually pay etc, but I dare say he will get back to you. 

Tom's really active on Insta and usually replies in short order. Nice bloke and very helpful. 

• Supporters
5 hours ago, MagpieTactical said:

All sorted! Sent him a message on FB.

1 hour ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Double Eagle M906C...  Yay!   Stuck my Kobra red dot on top, because... it's the only red dot I have, but it's cool :)

image.thumb.png.d7d95d10f16af281cf375d89369212fe.png

Notice how Double Eagle can't spell "Marksman" as I guess that's what they wanted to say.  Either that or they're great advocates for safety on, and off the field 🤣

image.thumb.png.17b6706beebe2afe497ed0950179cab4.png

First impressions... yowzers!   Plugged in a 7.4v 25C lipo via the supplied Tamiya connector and it's shooting very nicely.  Will look forward to trying an 11.1 in there.
I've just pinged a few shots into my garden so no real idea on accuracy / range / hop etc but all good things, eh?
The main thing is it just feels great, so pleased!

How the fuck is the only red dot you own a Kobra? They're like diamond encrusted hen's teeth

1 hour ago, PopRocket123 said:

How the fuck is the only red dot you own a Kobra? They're like diamond encrusted hen's teeth

I did buy it back in the days when dinosaurs walked the earth :D
How much are real ones (like mine) worth now?  Maybe I could trade down and fund a new pistol :)

Edit: blimey, I just did a google and the new gen version is £400.  I might take it back off and wrap it in swan's down... before depositing it at Fort Knox
I'm certainly not going to skirmish it again until I can find a 27mm polycarbonate disc to use as a lens protector!

I've got the box in front of me, it was made in 2002

Edited by RostokMcSpoons