The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Raven R226. 

I'm just gonna stop hoping to stock nuprol guns, I cannot in good conscience sell this thing to someone when it can't hop a 0.2 out the box. Looks lovely externally, slide is nice and smooth, action is nice and smooth, but the hop is just... wafer thin as stock. Decided write this one off and buy it myself. Shimmed (read: put tape under) the hop arm until I can get something more permanent sorted out. At least it hops 0.25s now even with a drop in power. We'll see how it handles the field this weekend. 

On the other hand, Swiss arms adaptx holster, really, really happy with it. I didn't think a universal quick release holster was really doable but this is quite nice. And it's ambidextrous! I've fitted it to the R226 and my WE EU17 Gen 4, and it can fit both no worries. Takes some adjustment, some parts are a bit fiddly, but overall a fairly simple process. Again, field testing this weekend. 

IMG_20211019_235204.jpg

IMG_20211019_235211_1.jpg

IMG_20211019_235233.jpg

IMG_20211020_000238.jpg

Airtac cap firing grenade, i want a bfg but need to be sure I'll actually use it before i make that investment so this seemed a reasonable stop-gap.

16348985186516749625909042243323.jpg

Also i forgot to post this one, WAS universal holster that i have "persuaded" to work with the safariland QLS

16348991313913925702969054922875.jpg

16348991461223510811587909929194.jpg

16348992262467191017639445599916.jpg

17 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Slim profile AR foregrips from Brownells for my Cyma XM177a2 , happy chappy now ! 😁

B6E57F8F-C3D7-46F1-8B42-3594CCEB4E9B.jpeg

Much better. Any issues fitting? As I am looking at the CM009E in the near future and this was a planned purchase. 

Postman just brought me a modbutton w/RAMP (I only bought this one for the actual RAMP, because it was cheaper than buying the RAMP alone from the US and importing it.)

However it has a silly huge jack on it, and being LH I would be using my RH thumb to hit it, so I need to swap the actual modbutton for one with a small angled connector.

vZpDfmy.jpg

spacer.png

Edited by paradoxum

Guilty of spending more money (again):

- EARMOR M32 Gen2 headset

- Multicam Black shirt and trousers from EmersonGear

- M12 Sidewinder speed loader

- a metric ton of precision tools from Japan 🇯🇵 

Still waiting for the verdict on the PDR-C, and I need to sort out my C4-10 AR after I’ve “upgraded” it’s profile from 10.5" to 14.5", which now isn’t properly aligned and shoots less than 1J. Might be more parts from KWA coming soon… 😅

• Supporters
13 hours ago, MagpieTactical said:

Much better. Any issues fitting? As I am looking at the CM009E in the near future and this was a planned purchase. 

Nope nothing at all AND as it’s intended for the real McCoy it feels positively bombproof when fitted . 

Plus i can more than happily say I’m very impressed with the new Cyma mosfet range of Guns so I would highly recommend getting their CM009E.

14 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Nope nothing at all AND as it’s intended for the real McCoy it feels positively bombproof when fitted . 

Plus i can more than happily say I’m very impressed with the new Cyma mosfet range of Guns so I would highly recommend getting their CM009E.

Just what I am wanting to hear.  Noticed that brownells are now out of stock of those handguards, with no backorder available either. 

Really fancy the simplicity of a retro carry handle AR

Nothing too exciting a set of earmore adapters for my exfil helmet so i can modify my howard leights to be helmet mounted instead of trying to cram them, eye pro and lower face pro under the the helmet. Still need to figure out a way to attach the one tigris mask to the helmet though.

Also ordered a spare mag for my tm fnx45. No luck finding a peq battery yet though

• Supporters
5 hours ago, MagpieTactical said:

Just what I am wanting to hear.  Noticed that brownells are now out of stock of those handguards, with no backorder available either. 

Really fancy the simplicity of a retro carry handle AR

All in all took mine about 4-5wks to arrive , they where listed as out of stock with no backorder for me as well so I just logged a ‘notify when back in stock’ and ordered them then .

1 hour ago, ghostwalker said:

Nothing too exciting a set of earmore adapters for my exfil helmet so i can modify my howard leights to be helmet mounted instead of trying to cram them, eye pro and lower face pro under the the helmet. Still need to figure out a way to attach the one tigris mask to the helmet though.

Also ordered a spare mag for my tm fnx45. No luck finding a peq battery yet though

Try sticky backed Velcro hook inside the helmet rim , then a couple of lengths of Velcro loop attached to the mask so it’ll ‘hang’ in front of your face . On the one I did this too I also had two lengths of quite weak shock cord attached to the goggle hooks that slot in to the rails on the helmet to stop the mesh mask swinging .👍

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

All in all took mine about 4-5wks to arrive , they where listed as out of stock with no backorder for me as well so I just logged a ‘notify when back in stock’ and ordered them then .

Try sticky backed Velcro hook inside the helmet rim , then a couple of lengths of Velcro loop attached to the mask so it’ll ‘hang’ in front of your face . On the one I did this too I also had two lengths of quite weak shock cord attached to the goggle hooks that slot in to the rails on the helmet to stop the mesh mask swinging .👍

I saw this one Facebook a while ago. Looks genius

FB_IMG_1597753505280.jpg

FB_IMG_1597753499597.jpg

• Supporters

Spiritus sent over some new stuff.  Their sling isn't my favourite one but if you want a 2-point it is very good no doubt.  The new JSTA is interesting and makes a lot of sense for real dude-bros but I put it on my belt in place of my usual mag pouches and I'm not sure if I'll stick with it yet; the bit at the back for inserts is great for a rifle and pistol mag for quick reloads, but there's nothing else I really need to put in the rest of the pouch space.  Might have to do some thinking and maybe move it around.

IMG_0779.thumb.JPG.492771b6c0f53532e4e3abdc6b43cf52.JPG

After the MP7 and the HK45, I said I wasn't buying anything else. I would've stuck to it, but I was given an offer I couldn't refuse. £280 for this beast, now I just need the mags to come back in stock somewhere so I can get a bunch of spares, because 35 BBs isn't enough. Come on, Tokyo Marui, get some more mags out! 🤣

IMG_20211024_183457993.thumb.jpg.05e24c045984239918bca2ca29fd4491.jpg

Fired it on the range today and I'm never going back to AEGs. It was so much fun to shoot!

Postman delivers :D 

spacer.png

10.5 ICS Barrel.

2x prom plates, modbutton, unity button, XT cylinder/head, ICS bolt stop assay, plastic spring guide with no thrust bearing.

Fixed the DBAL button from:

spacer.png

To:

spacer.png

New belt arrived just in time this week, ready for testing at Gunman descent this weekend. really comfortable and a nice improvement over my old FRV belt as the pouches are much more stable.

Beltkit.jpg

Arrived an hour ago..

Does this even need an Introduction?...

I've wanted one for 20+ years, gave it a couple of months for the reviews to come out.

I bought it in black as I want to get the stock painted green to match my AUG

IMG_20211029_133650.jpg

IMG_20211029_133707.jpg

IMG_20211029_135445.jpg

Bought 1 of the Oper8 7.4v peq box lipos. Pleasantly surprised when myherpes actually delivered it intact. Its about half the thickness of my current peq box lipo batteries which means a whole lot less hassle fitting them in. Though they are pricier than my original giant power ones.

Edited by ghostwalker
typolexia

• Supporters
3 hours ago, MagpieTactical said:

A set of skinny AR carbine handguards.... For a rifle I don't even own yet

Hahahaha has to be done , so you now DEFINITELY HAVE to buy the gun seeing as you’ve got the slim foregrips for it ALREADY ? 😉

7 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Hahahaha has to be done , so you now DEFINITELY HAVE to buy the gun seeing as you’ve got the slim foregrips for it ALREADY ? 😉

The gun has actually arrived, although I have bought the handguards, just waiting on delivery

PSX_20211029_163418.thumb.jpg.06b5079492f6ebbbd126ab98a344af53.jpg