The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

17 minutes ago, Spartan09 said:

as long as i can fit the mags into the pouches, then yes, i will be looking for one of those vests,  otherwise i will be looking for something as close as possible while allowing several mags to be carried.

I used to use one of those vests with my P90... it's a bit of a squeeze, but the big pouches at the bottom of the vest are *just* big enough to fit two P90 mags each (although it may make the vest stick out a bit at the sides due to how long P90 mags are).

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Spartan09 said:

Maybe in the future i will.look at an MP5,  but i prefer the look of a p90...   plus i already have too many guns at the moment, so im in no rush to buy a new one  XD

‘Have too many guns at the moment’ ! How dare you utter such a blasphemous thing ! you can NEVER have too many guns ! 😉

Just bought a brown KMCS 3.0 from Empire Airsoft. Very impressive service, the suit was with DHL about 15 minutes after purchase! Should be here tomorrow!!

My mate emptied a hicap of 0.28’s into my (clearly labelled) bag of 0.36’s, so I’ve had to buy 6000 0.36’s from the only seller I could see still had any stock of Geoff’s!

18 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

My mate emptied a hicap of 0.28’s into my (clearly labelled) bag of 0.36’s, so I’ve had to buy 6000 0.36’s from the only seller I could see still had any stock of Geoff’s!

Ouch.

Where did you find geoffs .36s though.

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Misery said:

@Lozart snap although mines the 1st gen non glow in dark one XD  think he needs to do a new one without the hawk XD

20210727_173137.jpg

Mine's one of the last of the current batch, new patch is in the works apparently!

eBay seller is called “gunpointgear” but the only option for 0.36 is 2x3000!

57 minutes ago, concretesnail said:

Ouch.

Where did you find geoffs .36s though.

eBay, seller was called gunpointgear. Only option for 0.36 was 2x3000!

Just got a WE PX4 EXS 'Bulldog'

Added the barrel adaptor so I could put in a slightly longer inner barrel.

Shoots well at around 290fps and quite hefty at 814g

Pics with the longer magazine.  Also comes with a smaller one

IMG_20210728_132744546.thumb.jpg.0989b098387ec1b77bac9aa993575237.jpgIMG_20210728_132807930.thumb.jpg.1d7bcdc8c7acfa1b04c4b98cde1f479e.jpg

Edited by EDcase

Just ordered a new cylinder for my T11 sniper rifle. Went for the Action Army twisted cylinder. 

The rivets at the back of my existing cylinder have gone wobbly, and I suspect are going to let go some time soon. 

9 hours ago, Lozart said:

Mine's one of the last of the current batch, new patch is in the works apparently!

ahhh nice one!,even better roll on its release XD

BCM foregrip, after trying it ive come to the conclusion that the RVG is better in every way.

It locks in a way that plays better with other rail covers (with the bcm and certain rail covers like the xtms there has to be a gap between them).

The notches in the rvg make it a more comfortable hand stop.

The RVG is grippier.

The RVG is far superior to grab like a KAC.

When grabbing the rifle the profile of the rvg makes it easier to get a consistent grip due to the notches and shape of it.

All of this is just IMHO of course.

16275687243907629844197197952026.jpg

16275687792242843618806771703704.jpg

Edited by Mad-Al

On 26/07/2021 at 23:39, Ad_ said:

I used to use one of those vests with my P90... it's a bit of a squeeze, but the big pouches at the bottom of the vest are *just* big enough to fit two P90 mags each (although it may make the vest stick out a bit at the sides due to how long P90 mags are).

good to know...   added the vest to my shopping list

On 27/07/2021 at 01:24, Druid799 said:

‘Have too many guns at the moment’ ! How dare you utter such a blasphemous thing ! you can NEVER have too many guns ! 😉

i just knew that would set SOMEONE off  =P

Nothing too exciting in this weeks haul...

Can of green gas and some more Valkyrie bbs.

Also bought a replacement drinking tube for my Source Rider hydration bladder... was wearing the it at CQB last weekend, but someones shot managed to hit the collar that clipped the adapter onto the hose =(

(3rd pic shows damage)

Also took the oportunity to buy an adapter so i can refill the bladder from a tap or a bottle while its still on my back

20210729_221725.jpg

20210729_221720.jpg

20210729_221743.jpg

15 hours ago, Mad-Al said:

BCM foregrip, after trying it ive come to the conclusion that the RVG is better in every way.

It locks in a way that plays better with other rail covers (with the bcm and certain rail covers like the xtms there has to be a gap between them).

The notches in the rvg make it a more comfortable hand stop.

The RVG is grippier.

The RVG is far superior to grab like a KAC.

When grabbing the rifle the profile of the rvg makes it easier to get a consistent grip due to the notches and shape of it.

All of this is just IMHO of course.

16275687243907629844197197952026.jpg

16275687792242843618806771703704.jpg

Have you tried it spun around so the angle is forward facing at all? If it’s not for you, then it’s not for you but I find the BCM one the best by a mile personally… but only with the angle facing forward.

2 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

Have you tried it spun around so the angle is forward facing at all? If it’s not for you, then it’s not for you but I find the BCM one the best by a mile personally… but only with the angle facing forward.

This.

I have several BCM style grips - I run them all angled-forward.

5 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

I tried angling forward but at that point its basically just a less ergonomic grip stop, i think I'm going to have to field it a few times to get the feel for it as I'm trying to grip it the same way as the rvg and i think i need to have more contact with the grip then i did with the RVG.

Its just less immediately comfortable.

1 hour ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

I was under the impression they were designed to be run angled forward, to work with a c-clamp grip.

They are designed to be used either way round but almost every in the wild image I've seen of them they have it angled the same way as me

• Supporters

New Magpul AFG (Angled ForeGrip) -The Firearm Blog

Can't remember if I posted this here recently, but anyway, the BCM is best as either just a hand-stop using a c-clamp or for the thumb break method.  Something that short and fat is gonna suck for most people if you try and broomhandle it as per top right shown above.

As a general rule, the shorter/smaller/fatter a thing is on your 6 o/clock rail the less hand you'll probably want to actually have on it.  Longer/thinner = more of the grip surface area.  The exception of course is a tac-sac.

26 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Just picked up the just released Ares RDB to go with my KSG. Its... an interesting rifle that is probably not worth the hassle. 

image.thumb.png.caf0324f39f5d9ff74b26110fe725bb7.pngimage.thumb.png.f9bdbc4cfb193a2d05d6c88057b5b62d.png

I really like the look of those but cannot be bothered with dealing with another Ares. 

I like bullpups in general but something about the design of that looks off to me. maybe because it's mostly polymer plastic?