The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

he Romeo5 sights I bought from Aliexpress turned up.

I’ve  had a real one before. I’m going to stick my neck out and say these came from the same factory

I think I need one of these - before Sig throws their toys out of the pram.

Looks almost completely parallax-free - really impressive value for money.

Edited by Speedbird_666

3 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

The Romeo5 sights I bought from Aliexpress turned up.

I’ve  had a real one before. I’m going to stick my neck out and say these came from the same factory

ADEEB275-4827-4D2F-9CD8-E09A64D8DDE6.jpeg

B20B267B-AE50-4D1D-8077-AE9A7783E296.jpeg

839892AC-D7F5-42A8-9DA1-1D3F0212A6C7.jpeg

7342D3EB-AA6B-418A-A415-6A5223F2CD61.jpeg

2E43FD82-D384-4744-A891-2F034679BFE3.jpeg

Christ! That's actually close to parallax free as you're gonna get... I wonder if it loses it's zero? I hazard to guess probably not... How they get away with it is anyone guess but they sure as heck do...

@rocketdogberthow do you take that video so well? Every time I try on my iPhone I totally balls it up lol

41 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

@rocketdogberthow do you take that video so well? Every time I try on my iPhone I totally balls it up lol

The magic of digital video, you can try as often as you like and throw away the shit 🤣🤣

• Supporters

Given the recent move of production of some optics to China by Sig and the comparatively high price of that for a 'replica' (not to mention that they hide all the trades in the listing pics) there's no denying it's a good possibility at least.  Sig will do extra QC if this was the case and you'll have a higher lemon chance going straight to China, but interesting.

Just bought a Baofeng UV5R as it was on a deal of the day on Amazon, but the clip missing when it turned up so might send it back but it was cheap as chips so might just keep it.

11 hours ago, MiK said:

Just bought a Baofeng UV5R as it was on a deal of the day on Amazon, but the clip missing when it turned up so might send it back but it was cheap as chips so might just keep it.

Keep it bud

Most folk have their radios in a pouch, the clip is just a P.I.T.A 😉

@Enid_Puceflange Yea exactly what I was gonna do - I contacted the seller and they are gonna partially refund me £6 so all good :)

/edit actually they not only refunded £6 on the product price but they also refunded on VAT so they knocked off £7.20 in total //win

Edited by MiK

8 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

Nuprol NX400 pro pistol Torch & Laser. Nice, sturdily built and light weight unit. 

thumbnail_IMG_1583.thumb.jpg.2328a9e2d3cacb8a99eae71d320cc80e.jpg

Depending on your grip, you may want to move it on the top rail and subsequently move the front sight back a little bit.

if you c-clamp like a boss you can activate the switch with your thumb, at least that's what I would do.

14 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

Nuprol NX400 pro pistol Torch & Laser. Nice, sturdily built and light weight unit.

And double the price for having the Nuprol logo lasered onto it. 😉

Guest Mr. No_Face
42 minutes ago, Skara said:

Depending on your grip, you may want to move it on the top rail and subsequently move the front sight back a little bit.

if you c-clamp like a boss you can activate the switch with your thumb, at least that's what I would do.

The positioning of the NX400 doesn't impact my hand posture. Also In the photo it's set up for "ratting" or in the case that was yesterday "micing" if that's a thing. I had the mini magnifier on the back right by rear sight. I'd typically have the optic further down so my peripherals aren't affected. Had a good ol Jolley time killing these absolute pests on my bro's property. 

30 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

And double the price for having the Nuprol logo lasered onto it. 😉

80 pounds is what I spend on average on a night out in Shoreditch lol might as well buy something I can actually use other than multiple rounds of cocktails and beer.

Edited by Mr. No_Face

55 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

This cheeky wee monkey arrived on Sunday, way faster than expected

Received in a trade for my TM Scar which I just wasn’t really using.

Gbb’s have really got my attention now. Cheap scope just arrived from Amazon, looks the bizz 👍

9114040A-7861-4EBB-8ECD-B9EFD4346E48.thumb.jpeg.7ee5d22fe7088377a71c2a001a451f69.jpeg

Don't want to speak definitively, more something to keep an eye on if it's something that's likely to bother you. But once you're in the world of GBBRs and the like there is a strong chance you'll be losing zero on cheaper optics. As I say, not definitive, some of the 'naff stuff' can surpass expectations. Nevertheless, enjoy!

1 hour ago, Mr. No_Face said:

80 pounds is what I spend on average on a night out in Shoreditch lol might as well buy something I can actually use other than multiple rounds of cocktails and beer.

You could have spent half that money for the same thing.

That's what @Speedbird_666 meant. Nuprol just imports and rebrands stuff, apparently with a hefty mark-up too! (not uncommon tbf)

Guest Mr. No_Face
14 minutes ago, Skara said:

That's what @Speedbird_666 meant. Nuprol just imports and rebrands stuff, apparently with a hefty mark-up too! (not uncommon tbf)

Isn't that airsoft in general. rebranded, fake attachments and optics modelled and cloned in a thousand different names and variants.

Oh well blew 80 quid.

EDIT: ALSO if anyone can find a cheaper version of the same nx400 send me a link. Could do with another one to pop on my M9 tactical

Edited by Mr. No_Face

9 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

Isn't that airsoft in general. rebranded, fake attachments and optics modelled and cloned in a thousand different names and variants.

Oh well blew 80 quid.

EDIT: ALSO if anyone can find a cheaper version of the same nx400 send me a link. Could do with another one to pop on my M9 tactical

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002538498684.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.6b84569a63dh6N&algo_pvid=0bbee923-8a20-468c-94be-ff9276a8dd75&algo_expid=0bbee923-8a20-468c-94be-ff9276a8dd75-5&btsid=0bb0623e16225581665794967ef4de&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

If frickin lazors aren't a priority, you might want to look at X300 clones, a fair bit cheaper https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20210601063655&SearchText=x300

EDIT: also yes, the rebrand game is strong in airsoft.

Which makes it sort of fun to find the best price (lowest doesn't necessarily mean best, sometimes it's worth spending a few more coins and get an useable warranty in return, for example) :P

Edited by Skara

21 minutes ago, Skara said:

I was going to post links to AliExpress in my initial post, but I didn't want to piss on anyone's Cornflakes.

If anything has a Nuprol sticker/logo on it, it's pretty much guaranteed that it's available for the half the price direct from China.

Guest Mr. No_Face
14 minutes ago, Skara said:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002538498684.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.6b84569a63dh6N&algo_pvid=0bbee923-8a20-468c-94be-ff9276a8dd75&algo_expid=0bbee923-8a20-468c-94be-ff9276a8dd75-5&btsid=0bb0623e16225581665794967ef4de&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

If frickin lazors aren't a priority, you might want to look at X300 clones, a fair bit cheaper https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20210601063655&SearchText=x300

EDIT: also yes, the rebrand game is strong in airsoft.

Which makes it sort of fun to find the best price (lowest doesn't necessarily mean best, sometimes it's worth spending a few more coins and get an useable warranty in return, for example) :P

Nah fuck the laser. Just Purchased one of the x300 units. You just saved me some cheddar skara

1150582648_giphy(3).gif.a62a1d702d2d80174fc5fd0c95c54a92.gif

1 minute ago, Mr. No_Face said:

Nah fuck the laser. Just Purchased one of the x300 units. You just saved me some cheddar skara

There are some awesome deals on AliExpress. SF M300/600 clones can be had for less than £20 shipped too. There's a whole bunch of accessories (grips, stocks, rails etc.) on there to suit most people's needs. Sometimes it takes a bit of creative searching (e.g. using 'Gel Blaster' instead of 'Airsoft') to find the cool stuff.

They are also collecting the VAT at source - so the stuff is clearing customs pretty quickly.

It makes me chuckle that a brand offshores their product for manufacturing, then gets pissy that the factories start knocking out 'third shift' products at stupidly low prices. 

I bet the SIG knockoff optics on Aliexpress are third shift products, coming off the same line during the 'third shift of the day' (the first two shifts are for the 'authorised' product to be sold by SIG) maybe with the odd QC fail thrown in for good measure. 

Edited by Speedbird_666

16 hours ago, Skara said:

If frickin lazors aren't a priority, you might want to look at X300 clones, a fair bit cheaper 

If laser isn't a priority I would preffer product that isn't as bulky as X200/X300/X400. I would go for Olight PL-Mini 2 Valkyrie style or Surefire XC-1 knock-off for a pistol and for rifle go with proper torch instead. But that's just me I suppose.

This is my personal favourite for pistols:

TrustFire GM23 800LM LED Torch Pistol Light Gun Lights USB Rechargeable Tactical Flashlight, Quick Release Handgun Torch Bright: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

klarus GL1 Rechargeable Pistol Torch Light, 600 Lumens Compact Tactical Weapon Light with Strobe, Compatible with Glock and 1913 Rail, Powered by Built-in Polymer Battery: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

edited links, no point getting it from AliExpress and paying customs if you can get it for the same price on Amazon with next day delivery...

Edited by ziCk_

18 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

This cheeky wee monkey arrived on Sunday, way faster than expected

Received in a trade for my TM Scar which I just wasn’t really using.

Gbb’s have really got my attention now. Cheap scope just arrived from Amazon, looks the bizz 👍

9114040A-7861-4EBB-8ECD-B9EFD4346E48.thumb.jpeg.7ee5d22fe7088377a71c2a001a451f69.jpeg

Looks sweet. I'd get a cantilever mount for that red dot though.