The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Picked up a M140 spring from Pete @ak2m4for a DMR build. On the phone, he was telling me about some new springs he’s got on the way as he was finding a lot of the Chinese-made, steel springs to be garbage-level quality.

I thought it was interesting, having never had an issue with springs, and proceeded to have a tinker with one of my high speed builds. After a few games, it started to sound a bit strained and the range had dropped off a cliff. Lo and behold, Chinesium spring had snapped!

Very lucky I had that M140 kicking around to replace it with (8 tooth DSG, M140=+-300fps)

BB6DE84D-8DB3-411A-8527-9523BB20B994.jpeg

20210508_111541.thumb.jpg.210cbc2e43ebb6663a5bb7382aad24ce.jpg

Prommy tightbore and purple hop rubber and nub from Eagle 6, plus an Odin from BZ Tactical 

Edited by C-Diddy

1 hour ago, ak2m4 said:

@Alimcd oh no lol ...springs do go through some real abuse.  ZCI does seem to be one of the better after-market springs.  The new Gearparts springs so far doing well.  Japanese military grade steel seems to do the job.

The Leviathan clocked 44,000 shots with that spring so you’re bang on about the abuse!

The new Vltor receiver I picked up from you is beautiful btw. I’ll have to snap some pictures when I get a few minutes!

19 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Aimpoint T1 micro 2 MOA. This thing is tiny! It’s an absolutely awesome bit of kit. NV compatibility on the first 4 settings. Not that I have any NODs but hey you never know ;) 

DA15DD94-9C43-4207-9722-9ADE61F5760D.jpeg

Pricey?

After looking at a few options, decided to order a UAR, having fancied one for a while. Was considering a JG SG550 but went for the bullpup as its compact and something a bit different. Next fortnight will pass rather slowly as I await its arrival...

Just as well as my M933 is playing up, inconsistent FPS (all over the place but consistently low) so I've contacted the vendor under warranty to see if it can get sorted. Had to miss some skirmishes recently due to a trapped nerve and now this. Buggeration.

Lonex version 2 Enhanced gearbox to replace my broken G&P one. 

2x ASG Ultra Air. 

Got my 7" "motorcycle sleeve" from Aliexpress.

It's a fucking brick, the barrel nut must be lead lined uranium or something 😮

GvAr4AA.jpg

7 hours ago, Skara said:

Got my 7" "motorcycle sleeve" from Aliexpress.

It's a fucking brick, the barrel nut must be lead lined uranium or something 😮

GvAr4AA.jpg

Nice I was looking on there for aeg rails does that one fit okay?

3 minutes ago, GothicGhost said:

Nice I was looking on there for aeg rails does that one fit okay?

Yup, although it did slightly chew up the plastic thread on my king arms pdw receiver 😕

will get a pic of the thing installed tomorrow, overall for €23 posted I can't complain, the m-lok slots appear to be proper m-lok spec and the inner diametre is the same as my noveske sound hog (fits really snug, which is a plus for me as it locks the barrel in nice and tight). the two small anti rotation tabs fit nice around the upper (the reason why I bought it in the first place)

Some EPMs for the NGRS to fill a void until I can stumble onto some pmags, opened them up as soon as they arrived and did some weathering/shading on the ‘bullet’ inserts because they look awful without it. Managed to find some Gen M2 ranger plates in stock so grabbed those immediately, make EPMs look so much nicer IMO. And to wrap up, a Ferro 45 degree QD mount... just an aesthetic upgrade over the Magpul one I’ve used on and off.

309FFB3B-5660-4B85-A028-E54449D68F06.thumb.jpeg.9bb89ff11f5930cced65286778d32d20.jpeg

Edited by alxndrhll

Guest Mr. No_Face

Santa Muerte, lady of Holy death patch.

Also blew £425 on something very special that should be coming next week.

thumbnail_IMG_1546.thumb.jpg.14d1183b2de14c9de188455c84bf695e.jpg

Just got these through the post today.

Ordered a couple of custom patches from stitchmeup.biz of my logo (after a recommendation from @TheFull9 )

Very good quality, very reasonable pricing and, considering the custom nature of the patches, a quick turnaround time.

Cant wait to rock them on my gear at the next game day

20210511_165338.jpg

20210511_165348.jpg

20210511_165342.jpg

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Spartan09 said:

Ordered a couple of custom patches from stitchmeup.biz of my logo (after a recommendation from @TheFull9 )

Very good quality, very reasonable pricing and, considering the custom nature of the patches, a quick turnaround time.

Did they do just the 2 embroidered ones?  Surprised they didn't have a higher minimum tbh that's very rare.

New mount for the T1. Think I should have got a real steel version as opposed to a knock off..... damn. 

Unity actually supply a template so you can see how the mount actually looks on your rif. Clever way of doing it if you are in two minds.  

5F11A71B-9A02-4E06-8677-C1556FD3C8A1.jpeg

5ABEBDCD-DE48-44C6-A552-43310B98F23F.jpeg

5E9EAA16-DFA4-4160-85E4-6A6618CE0A4F.jpeg

0647A654-0C38-4819-91FD-23212DFAB6ED.jpeg

A new pair of boots. They were labelled as combat high leg, but if they came any higher they'd be combat slag boots