The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Skara said:

I can be so clumsy at times...

Was browsing one San Marino website and my finger slipped.

It appears that I had a TM mk23 in the cart, and it appears that my finger slipped again and confirmed the PayPal payment, how embarrassing to be so clumsy at 29..

this is why there's 2fa- just in case your finger slips 10 times for each key of your password :P

1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

this is why there's 2fa- just in case your finger slips 10 times for each key of your password :P

Yeah my phone screen is very slippery......

No, wait a minute....

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Skara said:

Yeah my phone screen is very slippery......

No, wait a minute....

and now i'm conflicted between both imagination and memory battling to decide which of those gets to give me ptsd.....

10 hours ago, Mefford6 said:

I bought an ak74 😀

Whats the make you went for?

In other news I have a suitable number of midcaps for a morning of skirmishing and one of these ammo grab bags.

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Mefford6 said:

I bought an ak74 😀

Post means nothing without a pic please, something for us to drool over 🤤, ideally if you could write your username & today's date on a piece of paper & include that in the pic, that would be great 👍

Nice gun but shame that a giant caramac bar melted all over it. Lol

😉

Regards 

5 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

yeah e&l's are not exactly subtle when it comes to the weight department.

Being entirely honest it's lighter than I'd been expecting based on what I've read, and it only stands to get lighter as I swap out the E&L Zenit front end with the real one. Built like an absolute rock though.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, alxndrhll said:

Being entirely honest it's lighter than I'd been expecting based on what I've read, and it only stands to get lighter as I swap out the E&L Zenit front end with the real one. Built like an absolute rock though.

good to be pleasantly surprised then.

kinda funny how i was kinda obsessive about getting my m4 super lightweight (within the limits of believability at least), but i like my ak's with a bit of heft to them.

dunno if you've already heard about it, but be prepared to be fighting the ol' rust, they do need to be kept clean and oiled (unless rusty is what you're going for)

9 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

good to be pleasantly surprised then.

kinda funny how i was kinda obsessive about getting my m4 super lightweight (within the limits of believability at least), but i like my ak's with a bit of heft to them.

dunno if you've already heard about it, but be prepared to be fighting the ol' rust, they do need to be kept clean and oiled (unless rusty is what you're going for)

For sure, it certainly feels like 'less of a toy' in the weight department but not heavy enough for me to think I'll struggle using it for a day... at least not with any notably increased amount of ache across the following days.

Aye, it's something I've seen mentioned a few times. Any recommendations in terms of what to use?

• Supporters
1 minute ago, alxndrhll said:

For sure, it certainly feels like 'less of a toy' in the weight department but not heavy enough for me to think I'll struggle using it for a day... at least not with any notably increased amount of ache across the following days.

you get used to it.

although i suspect post lockdown i'll be sticking with the jg for a while :P

2 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Aye, it's something I've seen mentioned a few times. Any recommendations in terms of what to use?

got some CZ stuff off a mate is pretty good stuff, although it's pretty much a case of pick your favourite of the myriad gun oils/preservatives.

just a spray on and a good wiping with a rag tends to bring it up a treat unless it's really been let go.

4 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

Aye any real steel gun oil, *cough* ParkerHale, love the smell of that stuff 😁

• Supporters

I've honestly never looked up what firearm specific oils cost commercially, but if I were to guess I'd not be entirely surprised if they've got an unnecessary markup.  Fully understand the line of thought behind the above, but a lot of automotive stuff works fine I know for a fact, end of the day, steel is just a common metal and any mineral or synthetic lubricant within sensible limits will work.  If you'd use it on a hinge or somewhere on a bike or car and if you've got any mechanical experience with anything at all, you can probably pick out something real cheap from a car parts or DIY shop that'll come in a can big enough to last the rest of your life as far as maintaining anything suitable in airsoft and will cost maybe £10 tops.

I can see your thinking but I would not agree.

Working in the automotive industry, agricultural in the past and a keen MTBer pretty much all products are not designed for what is essentially bare steel.

The only parts on vehicles/bikes are brake discs and rotors, and you only use brake degreaser on those!

All products have the main purpose of either lubrication or anti seize.

The main benefit of gun oils is corrosion inhibitors and long term surface penetrators for blues steel etc.

Further i definitely would not want skin contact with most automotive products, my hands sure are not as happy as they were 5, 10, 15, 20 years ago!

A can of Parker Hale gun oil costs £4 and will last years

• Supporters

Bought from @BigStewon these very forums , Foundry Airsoft HALO magnum kit , it’s actually intended for the Glock 17/18/19 but with a ‘wee’ bit of dremeling it fits nicely on an 18C .

Safe to say my boy will be a VERY happy bunny when he gets home ? 😉

74F37911-2DBD-4C17-AA44-B0DE63E53EF3.jpeg

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
13 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

I've honestly never looked up what firearm specific oils cost commercially

One of them for sure costs the same as crisco ;)

On 17/04/2021 at 13:19, Skara said:

I can be so clumsy at times...

Was browsing one San Marino website and my finger slipped.

It appears that I had a TM mk23 in the cart, and it appears that my finger slipped again and confirmed the PayPal payment, how embarrassing to be so clumsy at 29..

ccBEiJ1.jpg

Here it is :D

Also my Hadron parts got here as well, will install tonight :)

• Supporters
45 minutes ago, Skara said:

ccBEiJ1.jpg

Here it is :D

Also my Hadron parts got here as well, will install tonight :)

I like airsoft San Marino 🇸🇲 👍