The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

6 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Good stuff, but please be careful with it - 5MW and 10MW for vis and IR respectively is pretty high power and will damage eyesight.

5 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

@paradoxum Please tell me that you are not intending to use one of these whilst actually playing?

5mw is too high? I just did some very quick googling and it sounds like red at 5mw is generally fine unless you're pointing it at peoples eyes?

They have a model labelled as "LED ver" https://www.egtactical.com/laser-sight/71-89-dbal-a2-white-ledred-laser-version.html#/39-color-dark_earth but it doesn't give any numbers, is that the one I'd wanna get instead? I can still cancel the order at this point.

Edit 

?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-set-Tactical-IR-Infrared-Filter-For-DBAL-D2-Light-DBA-A2-Laser-Flashlight-/283932226938 grab an IR filter?

Also the DBAL specs say it has 'High&Low power modes of laser operation', so I'm assuming low might make it like, 3mw maybe? their stuff has frustratingly not much detail. I've asked though.

Edited by paradoxum

Back home from work trip away, new sight and speedloader arrived. Soon as the kids were in bed, bunged it onto the 933 😄 happy with the result, however too knackered from work to try it out tonight. Some fun this weekend practicing in the garden to zero it.

Added the rubber jibber/bayonet for a bit of old skool effect. Not sure if I'll skirmish with it mounted but will have it on my vest as a SHTF/superCQB backup.

IMG_20210325_211711.jpg

3 hours ago, paradoxum said:

5mw is too high? I just did some very quick googling and it sounds like red at 5mw is generally fine unless you're pointing it at peoples eyes?

They have a model labelled as "LED ver" https://www.egtactical.com/laser-sight/71-89-dbal-a2-white-ledred-laser-version.html#/39-color-dark_earth but it doesn't give any numbers, is that the one I'd wanna get instead? I can still cancel the order at this point.

Edit 

?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-set-Tactical-IR-Infrared-Filter-For-DBAL-D2-Light-DBA-A2-Laser-Flashlight-/283932226938 grab an IR filter?

Also the DBAL specs say it has 'High&Low power modes of laser operation', so I'm assuming low might make it like, 3mw maybe? their stuff has frustratingly not much detail. I've asked though.

I'd imagine it's a typo, 5mW (milliwatt - typical laser e.r.p., 5MW (megawatt) is Sci-Fi weapon territory and would fry whatever it was pointed at...) Sounds about right.

Still if be careful. Used to work with lasers in a previous job, as a private pilot I've known plenty of private and professional colleagues who've been Lasered by some fucking twat at night and nearly blinded - a couple of mW is enough - bloody dangerous to your eyes if not careful. I personally feel uncomfortable with others pointing them about the field, and would never fit one to my RIF. Just my opinion...

13 hours ago, paradoxum said:

unless you're pointing it at peoples eyes?

The issue with lazers I feel is that its easy to say you wont aim at the face.  But when someone peeks a corner at you, and the only thing you can shoot at is their face, what do you do? not shoot?  Because everyone, me included would instinctively fire off a few rounds at said peaking individual.  With a lazer on... Well, then you have just risked giving them eye damage, all be it unintentionally.  Happened to me at a Gaol night game with a guy running a green lazer, didnt get me in the eye, but was all over my face when I peeked the corner. 

In gameplay there are ample situations from lack of alternative targets to random muzzle sweeps that can make the best intentioned player inadvertantly lazer an iris. 

Quietly I have always been suprised when I have found sites that allow lazers.  But I also know of many that dont.

Seems like the IR filter is a must then. I honestly can't even remember the last time I used a laser in a game anyway heh. So far I just use them for target shooting in the back.

Edited by paradoxum

14 hours ago, paradoxum said:

Edit 

?

TBH my comment should've focused more on the 10MW aspect for IR - I didn't know if you were planning to use this at a night game or not. But - great power, great responsibility and all that. It's great if they're got a lower power option.

From an IR perspective there's zero way for someone to know if they're staring into one until their vision starts failing, and it's harder for you to know exactly where your laser's ending up at night depending on various factors.

Guest Mr. No_Face

Acetech Lighter S mini Tracer unit. One of the necessary purchases before game day.....Well that and the new mask I got commissioned which has taken over 2 months now to arrive. If my new mask doesn't arrive before game day I'm gonna be exceeding wroth. 😡

thumbnail_IMG_1137.thumb.jpg.ce634139f3c9a2fa1a7fc3652af01e39.jpg

• Supporters

welp, just caved and bought all the things, but the most notable is decided to take a punt on the warhead brushless motors so have an order in for the standard short-shaft version.

On 26/03/2021 at 09:54, AlphaBear said:

WAS DCS... nice bit of kit. Need the WAS PLB belt to go with it now. 

0EA5B2EC-BB84-4A6F-9961-80592F5E32EF.jpeg

I recently got the PLB belt in Coyote to go with a new loadout. Had an OD one before and really liked it. The belts are comfortable with loads of MOLLE space. My only niggles with them are that the buckle strap could be thicker and the buckle itself is unnecessarily fiddly. I picked up the shooters belt pack and, even though I'm not a fan of the mag pouches, it's great value. 

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

the most notable is decided to take a punt on the warhead brushless motors so have an order in for the standard short-shaft version.

They are a sweet bit of kit , Ben the owner of ‘warhead airsoft’ is a really nice bloke , he plays at my regular site .

2 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

I recently got the PLB belt in Coyote to go with a new loadout. Had an OD one before and really liked it. The belts are comfortable with loads of MOLLE space. My only niggles with them are that the buckle strap could be thicker and the buckle itself is unnecessarily fiddly. I picked up the shooters belt pack and, even though I'm not a fan of the mag pouches, it's great value. 

I saw that belt on UKtactical and thought the same too, but to be honest I mainly want the polymer fast mag pouches (6 maybe 8 ) and they don't do a belt with that many poly pouches and at £20 a pop for each poly mag I thought it's getting silly... 

Incidentally I do have a FRV shooters belt and that has a metal COBRA buckle and cost £50 during the black Friday weekend so I thought with running with that but I have a feeling It may not be wide enough for the WAS poly mags?

Edited by AlphaBear

• Supporters
47 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

They are a sweet bit of kit , Ben the owner of ‘warhead airsoft’ is a really nice bloke , he plays at my regular site .

interested to see how it goes, it's gonna be hit hard with active brake and precocking- i am not a kind man to motors.

gonna have a very similar build to my akm too, so a good side by side comparison.

tbh i'm glad someone's taking a serious go at bringing brushless to the airsoft world, i mean brushed motors were old hat in rc when i started and that was over a decade ago.

but then this is a hobby where nimh's still exist (nicads even)......

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Incidentally I do have a FRV shooters belt and that has a metal COBRA buckle and cost £50 during the black Friday weekend so I thought with running with that but I have a feeling It may not be wide enough for the WAS poly mags?

Looks like they'll attach to anything PALS compatible so they'd work, lot of plastic overhang top and bottom though.

If your heart's set then far be it from me, but those are gonna stick out a fair bit compared to pretty much any nylon-only pouch through both the construction of the pouch bodies and the attachment system.  You'll end up as quite a wide load and if you went to a more old school bigger/thicker belt to mount big, bulky pouches like those the problem will just be exacerbated.  Personally whenever I've tried solid plastic pouches before I found they rattled against each other really badly, were very annoyingly bulky and a surprising hindrance to movement given the size and lack of flexibility in both their construction and mounting.  If you look at the pros it's super game-y competition guys that use kydex and the like, military have tried it then always gone back, but obviously that might work if you're mainly playing a fairly open indoor site.

Just thoughts.

3 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

I saw that belt on UKtactical and thought the same too, but to be honest I mainly want the polymer fast mag pouches (6 maybe 8 ) and they don't do a belt with that many poly pouches and at £20 a pop for each poly mag I thought it's getting silly... 

The WAS poly mags are standard 3 MOLLE rows high. If you're after them in Coyote let me know

9 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

Looks like they'll attach to anything PALS compatible so they'd work, lot of plastic overhang top and bottom though.

If your heart's set then far be it from me, but those are gonna stick out a fair bit compared to pretty much any nylon-only pouch through both the construction of the pouch bodies and the attachment system.  You'll end up as quite a wide load and if you went to a more old school bigger/thicker belt to mount big, bulky pouches like those the problem will just be exacerbated.  Personally whenever I've tried solid plastic pouches before I found they rattled against each other really badly, were very annoyingly bulky and a surprising hindrance to movement given the size and lack of flexibility in both their construction and mounting.  If you look at the pros it's super game-y competition guys that use kydex and the like, military have tried it then always gone back, but obviously that might work if you're mainly playing a fairly open indoor site.

Just thoughts.

I never thought of the extra bulk of the poly mags. I’ve just had another look and noticed the extra thicker body construction of them. There is a lot more bulk and overhang that’s for sure and looking at the photos they do stick out a tad more. And if one rolls with a single point sling I expect ones RIF will be clanking against them too. Food for thought.... I play exclusively woodland ( for the moment ) so no speedy type running around lark. 

B7ACB8C4-698C-45A5-85D2-5AF302AC7D12.png

3B90EBC5-BE84-49D2-8E41-B3F1F991A4EE.png

Bought more shit for my M4s, in a desperate attempt to fix the compression:

2x FPS Type D Cylinders (300-400mm barrels, I want to keep them overvolumed to push them heavies)

2x FPS bearing piston heads

2x FPS o-ring nozzles

• Supporters
2 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Food for thought.... I play exclusively woodland ( for the moment ) so no speedy type running around lark. 

If that's the case, I doubt you'd need the extra retention you'd (allegedly) get from a polymer mag holder like that. Esstac kydex pouches are great but you could do worse than look at the standard open top WAS pouches. They have a grippy liner material and I've certainly never lost a mag out of one.

2 hours ago, Davegolf said:

My very first personal sniper rifle :D

image.jpeg.b68c90f66999d2d134201b05bdcd603b.jpeg

Upgrades inbound! Going for a lightweight secondary build - excited!

I love mine. Piston is weak so watch out for that. Got 2 shots out of a 500 FPS spring before the sear on the back of the piston snapped 

44 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Just arrived

A sweary “C” word patch from Luke at Negative Airsoft 

I can no longer post pictures here anymore 🤷🏻‍♂️

Covid or Christmas?