The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

19 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

Whole bunch of cans of paint and oils (each containing a little compressed gas bomb) directly adjacent to lipo charging area?  tf...

That's complacency for you. You don't ever think there will be a fire, especially when charging batteries for your toys. He said he was charging in fire-proof LiPo bags. You can be lulled into a false sense of security by cheap  so called 'safety' products.

In his instance though, none of the cans when up. He was lucky. He made a follow-up video 12 months later with his new room and collection. I believe he now charges on a concrete garage floor using a Bat-Safe LiPo box.

I should also point out (separate to the scenario in the video) that many people do not have the luxury of out-buildings, garages, or garden workshops to keep their charging LiPos well away from their primary living areas. I'm sure that many batteries get charged on kitchen worktops, dining room tables, or even in bedrooms. Especially for those living in flats or apartments.

Edited by Speedbird_666

Guest Mr. No_Face

Just Bought a Ghost 3x flip over, micro magnifier. Had to make sure it was small since this is a hefty SMG and arm fatigue will become an issue. Gotta get myself fit again there's really no excuse at 29 especially since I was carrying real steel without a problem back in the day. These days I have spaghetti arms...........😅

thumbnail_IMG_1072.thumb.jpg.56b5fccae89a5ac27b580e24a602eccf.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1076.thumb.jpg.79da2e7e5ee226ebcae68749b22bcc88.jpg

Edited by Mr. No_Face

• Supporters
2 hours ago, SLACK_JAW said:

this is a hefty SMG and arm fatigue will become an issue

Laughs in M249!

1662094445_20376083_10159170058420541_8442710111443482430_n(2).jpg.2304faa3c8624b072ca5bd662a200291.jpg

Guest Mr. No_Face
49 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Laughs in M249!

1662094445_20376083_10159170058420541_8442710111443482430_n(2).jpg.2304faa3c8624b072ca5bd662a200291.jpg

Hey, kudo's to you for running a 12 pound gun. That thing probably kicks the shit out of you after a few hours of airsoft. But the Ronin is no slouch either  +I have spaghetti arms. So I think I deserve a beer just for that :D

Edited by Mr. No_Face

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, SLACK_JAW said:

Hey, kudo's to you for running a 12 pound gun. That thing probably kicks the shit out of you after a few hours of airsoft. But the Ronin is no slouch either  +I have spaghetti arms. So I think I deserve a beer just for that :D

I think the only gun I have that weighs around what yours does is an MP5K, everything else is heavier (M4's, a SCAR which weighs about the same as Guildford when it has the EGLM mounted, the M249, M14 EBR...)

Not gonna deny they can be heavy old beasts so I usually take a lighter one for later in the day! Bit of adrenaline and you don't notice so much! :D

16 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Not gonna deny they can be heavy old beasts so I usually take a lighter one for later in the day!

I run a metal gun in the morning and a lightweight plastic gun in the afternoon because...well...I'm lazy (seriously).

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I run a metal gun in the morning and a lightweight plastic gun in the afternoon because...well...I'm lazy (seriously).

Now that's a plan!

I seem to have this weird thing in my brain that attracts me to heavy guns. I really want a HK417 Recon at the moment, because my EBR just isn't awkward and front heavy ENOUGH!

Just now, ak2m4 said:

I run a plastic gun in the morning and then just go home 🙂 I'm even lazier 

I would do that, but unfortunately I have to take two teenage sons with young legs and lots of energy - means I have to play the whole day. Quite handy though - I send them on suicide missions and first into buildings. Saves me getting shot too much.

• Supporters
43 minutes ago, Lozart said:

I seem to have this weird thing in my brain that attracts me to heavy guns. I really want a HK417 Recon at the moment, because my EBR just isn't awkward and front heavy ENOUGH!

me too, i think it's mostly because i hate gyms so a day lugging around a heavy pew is my substitute arm workout.

although i reckon the jg might even be heavy by the time lockdown has withered what little muscle i had to begin with.

hah yeah i got my sprint 2  the year the released the black chevy drift one hahaha nice i almost bought a nitro firestorm but cobbled together enough to get its bigger brother the stadium truck

bloody hell  knew iu wasnt over reactinbg bout lipos!!,yeah man think  im bit more cautious as my house burned down when was a kid calor gas heater went up took housee with it and my dip**** of  a father thought would be a gd idea to keep empty and full gas cylinders in the attic needless to say they evacuated my whole street at one point

9 minutes ago, Neptune said:

"Get yourself a Glock, lose that nickel plated sissy pistol." :D

Looks nice though.

Got a few glocks already 😅

Screenshot_20210312_185537_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

4 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I would do that, but unfortunately I have to take two teenage sons with young legs and lots of energy - means I have to play the whole day. Quite handy though - I send them on suicide missions and first into buildings. Saves me getting shot too much.

Are you secretly my dad? 😂

On 12/03/2021 at 12:12, SLACK_JAW said:

Just Bought a Ghost 3x flip over, micro magnifier. Had to make sure it was small since this is a hefty SMG and arm fatigue will become an issue. Gotta get myself fit again there's really no excuse at 29 especially since I was carrying real steel without a problem back in the day. These days I have spaghetti arms...........😅

thumbnail_IMG_1072.thumb.jpg.56b5fccae89a5ac27b580e24a602eccf.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1076.thumb.jpg.79da2e7e5ee226ebcae68749b22bcc88.jpg

I have a TK45C and yeah, really surprised by the weight. I have the stubby PTS foregrip and run a 551 clone and PEQ15 on it. Time to go back to basic; "Press up position, DOWN!"20210313_183235.thumb.jpg.5f9c60f5cfad763b27fd188b632252e5.jpg20210313_183631.thumb.jpg.2bf28ff8a34f3ea697cce0d4c52e0f4a.jpg

A TM G34 with all the trimmings (shoutout to the lovely Prowin mags) and a pair of TRMRs with multi shot bases from a lovely bloke on here that’s unfortunately leaving the game. Genuinely gutted because I’d have loved to get some games in with him, but it’s come to a good home. This’ll be the new ‘CQB primary’ stuff.

The arrival of some additional long WTFix straps means I could finish putting the Crye Airlite chest rig together, and my Ferro FCPC v5 arrived from the US. Placard is very much a placeholder, not entirely settled on what will live there just yet.

20F0F60B-57AF-44DE-A0E4-29AB17C43E87.thumb.jpeg.a6a8fabff5cf2f2dfcd590fae339d728.jpeg

New Coyote Tan set-up starting to take shape. Still a couple of additions/substitutions to go, particularly with the mag pouches, but so far really happy with most of the gear from Warrior. 

20210313_202719.jpg

20210313_203119.jpg

Edited by C-Diddy

Oshiboom v2 with .209 and 9mm base, plus pre ordered multishot base

5 x 150rds battleaxe mags for the SA H02 its very fussy over mags

3d printed .209 loader

11.1 2200mah lithium ion battery

Nuprol 80w smart charger