The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

6 minutes ago, Piman said:

Seriously though what are they and do they need lube?

They are the TagInn pyro grenades that fire from a grenade launcher. The ones pictured are the "reaper" rounds which have a 4.5 second fuse before they explode with a 10m blast radius and 120db bang. 

You can get smoke, impact, and powder versions too. 

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

I would have to agree

If it were to be used by Marshals to enhance the game I would be quite comfy with it, wouldn’t fancy being hit in the mush by one though !!

it's been debated on here before, supposedly akin to being hit by a tennis ball (a statement i'm glad isn't from personal experience)

the impact ones seem the scariest, insta-boom on contact feels like it's begging for some poor sod to peek a window at the wrong time.

tbh you don't really see them much in skirmishes, it's more of a milsim thing.

Yeah iI checked with all the sites I frequent. They were all happy with them but basic safety rules apply (no direct direct firing at people) They seem like they can really add to a game which is why i really look forward to using them.

They are really good for milsims as a tactical advantage when fighting for objectives, taking out vehicles etc.
Due to costs involved not really worth it for skirmishes unless you've recently received a cheque from Camelot.

Honestly, at £7 a pop and realistically would only maybe use 3-4 a game its not too bad. Tings its just the initial upfront cost that puts alot of people off. Dont think i'd ever be like that youtuber alfonso who done a whole game with nothing but these things though. might as well just throw money at people to call hit.

4 hours ago, SheriffHD said:

Well, first time using these. Needless to say I think first game after lookdown is going to be a blast.

spacer.png

Where did you get yours from...am thinking of getting a TAG setup. (I have a S&T M320 launcher that's doing nothing atm....) :)

Just now, Monkman said:

Where did you get yours from...am thinking of getting a TAG setup. (I have a S&T M320 launcher that's doing nothing atm....) :)

I had to get the shell from Patrolbase and the ammo from bespoke airsoft.

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

I would have to agree

If it were to be used by Marshals to enhance the game I would be quite comfy with it, wouldn’t fancy being hit in the mush by one though !!

We have a few guys use them at my regular site (Red Alert). As long as they're used properly (indirect fire) they're fine BUT they are 'kin loud. Definitely louder than a MK5! As far as getting hit by one, they're not terribly weighty (hence the impact fused ones don't always go off on soft ground) and in terms of the explosive force...unless you're holding onto one when it goes off then it's going to be akin to getting hit by a flashbang as it goes off. If you're OK with those getting chucked about then I don't really see why you'd have an issue with TAGs.

If I could justify the cost then I'd use them no argument! They're a proper force multiplier if you have access to a bunch of them and an MGL!

17 hours ago, SheriffHD said:

I had to get the shell from Patrolbase and the ammo from bespoke airsoft.

Would the shell fit in a standard m203?  Or too long?

16 minutes ago, kasaran said:

can't find it for the life of me but yeah you need to cut a crescent shape on the underside of the m203 tube for it to fit in / ... fit out

Edited by GeorgePlaysAirsoft

well bought myself a imax charger and.....its fake but kinda knew it was from the price decided to give it a punt anyway and next tro a genuine imax the thing is working identical near hr to charge batt at same settings same dishcarge same blance times checked to make sure the blaance shown was same on each batt between the two chargers *dont have a lipo checker to hand only way i could check to make sure balances were correct* only thing ive noticed is charging a nihm on the fake gets a tiny bit hotter but niot by much nothing to worry about in my opinion all in all 15 on a fake imax is not to bad even thought he original isnt much more lol to have as a back up or even in the car its not to bad :)

15 minutes ago, miserydrift said:

well bought myself a imax charger and.....its fake but kinda knew it was from the price decided to give it a punt anyway and next tro a genuine imax the thing is working identical near hr to charge batt at same settings same dishcarge same blance times checked to make sure the blaance shown was same on each batt between the two chargers *dont have a lipo checker to hand only way i could check to make sure balances were correct* only thing ive noticed is charging a nihm on the fake gets a tiny bit hotter but niot by much nothing to worry about in my opinion all in all 15 on a fake imax is not to bad even thought he original isnt much more lol to have as a back up or even in the car its not to bad :)

Until it goes wrong...

2 things I would not skimp on. Eye Pro and a charger. You don't have to spend a lot on these but it is not worth cutting corners.

13 minutes ago, miserydrift said:

So is mine. I got the imax b6 charger clone and have had it for 3years? Does all my charging and works perfectly.

I'm never far away during charging and regularly do touch test to make  sure no overheating of batt or charger.never has been though.

Came with all necessary connectors.

21 minutes ago, Piman said:

Until it goes wrong...

2 things I would not skimp on. Eye Pro and a charger. You don't have to spend a lot on these but it is not worth cutting corners.

i already have a decent charger bud just wanted a back up as mine is now hititng 8 years old

like i also said the unit was tested alongside a genuine imax and it is almost bang on bud only diff was a cymna nihm getting a few c hotter than on the genuine charger and we all know they batts need binned when new so over a year olkd and been used by previous owner  and maybe a minute or too diffrence in charg times but tbh i aint gonna be doing nihms on it so that doesnt bother me,and like shamal if i am charging batts there in my line of site 5ft away max at all times regardless of it being a cheapo or a decent charger all precautions taken im that anal i check the batt and chargher every 10 mins! as ever since i got lipos 8 year ago was always panicing about em exploding after seeing the vids lol but aslong as your not being a complet nob end with it and respect it it should be fine for short term use if my main charger dies,putr it this way im more assured using the fake imax than i am one of those genuine asg lipo chargers that are same price if not more than the fake imax

11 minutes ago, miserydrift said:

i already have a decent charger bud just wanted a back up as mine is now hititng 8 years old

like i also said the unit was tested alongside a genuine imax and it is almost bang on bud only diff was a cymna nihm getting a few c hotter than on the genuine charger and we all know they batts need binned when new so over a year olkd and been used by previous owner  and maybe a minute or too diffrence in charg times but tbh i aint gonna be doing nihms on it so that doesnt bother me,and like shamal if i am charging batts there in my line of site 5ft away max at all times regardless of it being a cheapo or a decent charger all precautions taken im that anal i check the batt and chargher every 10 mins! as ever since i got lipos 8 year ago was always panicing about em exploding after seeing the vids lol but aslong as your not being a complet nob end with it and respect it it should be fine for short term use if my main charger dies,putr it this way im more assured using the fake imax than i am one of those genuine asg lipo chargers that are same price if not more than the fake imax

The only lipo that erupted on me was the one I stabbed with knife in garden.Fuck! Did it go! Scared the bejesus out of me. Lol

haha yeah i just scared mnmyself silly bk in the day i ordered a hpi sprint 2 rc drift car but no batt as was lipo took me a mth to build the courage to buy a lipo haha and was a hard case lipo to so a little harder to pierce lol and a car that went a max 10mph as was always sideways lol

On 10/03/2021 at 14:03, SheriffHD said:

Well, first time using these. Needless to say I think first game after lookdown is going to be a blast.

spacer.png

tag rounds are indeed awesome.   while i havent been able to use my TAGs in games yet, i have fired off a few test shots.

also booked in to apocalypse airsoft on the 4th...   going to be bringing the TAG rounds with me (already messaged them and they allow tags on site)

On 10/03/2021 at 14:31, SheriffHD said:

They are the TagInn pyro grenades that fire from a grenade launcher. The ones pictured are the "reaper" rounds which have a 4.5 second fuse before they explode with a 10m blast radius and 120db bang. 

You can get smoke, impact, and powder versions too. 

i have an assortment of 4.5 second reapers, pack of archangel impacts, and 2 packs of velum smokes...   and i have had them sitting here taunting me for over a year..  so i will DEFINATELY be pyro happy at apocalypse  XD

not just TAG rounds....  i will also be using the TAG/ airsoft innovations AFG6 frag grenades...   also a 120db bang but with added "shrapnel" of dried peas

On 10/03/2021 at 18:58, Monkman said:

i also have an S&T m203, but to fit the tag shells i have had to file off the ends of the ridges inside the barrel...  (but it hasnt seemed to affect the ability of the launcher to use normal moscarts)

i bought a couple of CO2 TAG launcher shells from here: https://www.airsoftworld.net/tag-innovation-co2-pro-evo-shell-launcher-single.html
if you buy the shells, DO NOT buy green gas shells, as with mk2 tag rounds, they may not ignite the fuses 100% of the time (advice given to me by a couple of people who regularly use TAGs)   buy the CO2 (gold band) or HPA (red band) shells, and either a TAG FIST2 or TAG HPA adapter to fill them.

airsoftworld also stock the rounds, so you can get a full tag setup from the one shop...  https://www.airsoftworld.net/manufacturers/tag-innovation

the other option is to buy a TAG brand grenade launcher, so you dont need to buy the launcher shells (load a round in launcher and fire it using CO2 capsule)..   downsides to that is that a TAG brand launcher is around £700...   and you are restricted to ONLY firing tag rounds...  so no using moscarts in general skirmishing, unlike you could do with the S&T launcher

12 hours ago, kasaran said:

depends on the barrel length, but a shell will easily fit inside a standard length m203 with room to spare. 

i did have to file down the "ridges" inside the barrel of my S&T launcher to fit the shells into the breech, but its an easy job due to soft aluminium...   just time consuming to fettle it just enough for the shell. having done that modification to my launcher, i have used it over a dozen times to fire moscarts without any issue, so no need to worry about ruining your launcher if you regularly use moscarts 😃 

11 hours ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

can't find it for the life of me but yeah you need to cut a crescent shape on the underside of the m203 tube for it to fit in / ... fit out

i dont think you do. 
with a round in the shell you will struggle to put the shell into the breech if you hold it parralel to the barrel, but if you hold the shell at an angle to put the tip inside the breech and then rock it in (like an AK mag) then there's no need for any cutouts on the barrel itself.

as i have said above, my S&T only needed the ridges inside the barrel to be filed down a bit at the breech end to allow the shell to sit forward enough to close the breech...    

afuk patch ordered only just noticed the site had a patch lol!

13 hours ago, miserydrift said:

haha yeah i just scared mnmyself silly bk in the day i ordered a hpi sprint 2 rc drift car but no batt as was lipo took me a mth to build the courage to buy a lipo haha and was a hard case lipo to so a little harder to pierce lol and a car that went a max 10mph as was always sideways lol

Funnily enough I've got an HPI Sprint 2 down my shed (I keep meaning to sell it). Along with an HPI E-Firestorm.

I know of two people within a 5 mile radius of my house that lost their entire RC collections (one Aircraft, the other Cars) due to a LiPo charging fires. Sobering stuff.

One video'd the aftermath: