The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

That is very very pretty. What is it?

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Wo1f said:

New toy..

is that a fill port i see in the magazine?

1 hour ago, Wo1f said:

New toy..

42 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

It’s gas 😎

SOME CR123 BATTERIES!!!

As the very beautiful Holy Warrior EoTech XPS2 clone that arrived this morning didn’t f£&%ng have any...

537C200E-76D0-4233-A825-78D6E7F7BB3D.jpeg

23 hours ago, Wo1f said:

New toy..

B2704045-5730-41AD-8D16-5D57135210FF.jpeg

If there was a way to give multiple CAF feedback points, I’d be all over that.

GBB PSG-1 - pure distilled awesome

Don't judge me...

image.png.81e2dc8a6edfcedefb18967c710cf642.png

Got it NIB for well under retail for my 13 year old middle son to use. I've been fairly critical of G&G and their pricing/feature set, but I gotta say, I can't fault the external quality of this blaster for the money I paid.

Right...need to order a Perun ETU++

37 minutes ago, DRay said:

As a fellow KeyMod RIF owner; looking for attachments is a FUCKING nightmare. 

Doesn't help that there's Real Steel spec and Airsoft Spec KeyMod. Whoever thought that it was a good idea not to back-bevel the keys to essentially create a separate standard needs to be shot.

As soon as the Combat South shop opens again I am going to get them to change the hand guard to a 20mm RIS so I can be done with trying to balance attachments on top of attachments. 

17 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Doesn't help that there's Real Steel spec and Airsoft Spec KeyMod. Whoever thought that it was a good idea not to back-bevel the keys to essentially create a separate standard needs to be shot.

Plus HK has it's own propriety KeyMod which muddies the water further.

1 minute ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Plus HK has it's own propriety KeyMod which muddies the water further.

I hate to say it, but I understand why H&K developed HKey.

MLOK is proprietary to Magpul, and H&K would never license a product from another country, especially when H&K supply to governments that may end up on the US' shit-list. Keymod standard (which is open source) uses imperial measurements, which does not compute with our European friends. HKey is a metric equivalent to Keymod, but with some extra tweaks preventing cross-compatibility so H&K can charge $60-70usd for a teeny tiny rail section.

• Supporters

Had to double check for myself, but yeah I can't find a confirmed made-by-HK M-LOK forend.  Only possibility might be the newest L85A3 handguard but I don't know for sure if HK themselves are manufacturing that (though it does have a big HK logo, so it's probable).  HKey makes sense for them financially short term, but not many large forces will want a proprietary system that's different to the direction us and the US are going I'd imagine.

For normal folks, my personal opinion is it shouldn't matter too much on your handguard type.  Foregrips and bi-pods can be comfortable for some folks, but they're certainly not necessary.  The only thing you would ever maybe find utterly essential as a handguard weapon attachment is a white light IF you play super dark indoor areas, in which case if you can't find KeyMod you just use the pic rail along the top and you should still have room to spare for a front BUIS or sight protector (and if it comes down to it.. tape on the light).  Lasers and cameras are fluff and unless you've got the weapon to level 69 and unlocked the plastic phallus you should be fine.

Obviously it is airsoft so if you just want certain attachments for looks that's fine, handguards are easily swapped on most guns for quad pic or M-LOK aftermarket.  There's pretty decent quality stuff around for the cost of 2-3 PTS midcaps.

21 hours ago, Alimcd said:

SOME CR123 BATTERIES!!!

As the very beautiful Holy Warrior EoTech XPS2 clone that arrived this morning didn’t f£&%ng have any...

537C200E-76D0-4233-A825-78D6E7F7BB3D.jpeg

If there was a way to give multiple CAF feedback points, I’d be all over that.

GBB PSG-1 - pure distilled awesome

How much and where you get the Holy Warrior EoTech XPS2?

Been looking for decent eotech clone 😁

28 minutes ago, GothicGhost said:

Whilst I don't know where @Alimcd purchased his, they are readily available on AliExpress via the Holy Warrior official store:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/910570041?spm=a2g0o.detail.100005.1.2a026a1aJZhOAV

37 minutes ago, GothicGhost said:

Holy Warrior’s own AliExpress store. I think it worked out at £96 once I’d paid taxes and shipping.

Arrived days after they shipped. FedEx was super speedy!

Still haven’t managed to turn it on, Amazon CR123 order arrives at some point today.

Build-wise, it’s incomparable from an old 551 clone I’ve got. Buttons have a good firm click and the lens is much brighter.

Ill let you know what the parallax is like when I get some batteries later

EDIT - Beaten to it!

2 hours ago, Alimcd said:

Holy Warrior’s own AliExpress store. I think it worked out at £96 once I’d paid taxes and shipping.

Arrived days after they shipped. FedEx was super speedy!

Still haven’t managed to turn it on, Amazon CR123 order arrives at some point today.

Build-wise, it’s incomparable from an old 551 clone I’ve got. Buttons have a good firm click and the lens is much brighter.

EDIT - Beaten to it!

Just out of curiosity what material is the hood of the Holy Warrior XPS made from? 

27 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Just out of curiosity what material is the hood of the Holy Warrior XPS made from? 

It’s a very nicely finished Aluminium hood

4 hours ago, Alimcd said:

It’s superb, I’ve had two

On 08/03/2021 at 11:07, rj1986 said:

please, please, please say it's good

In terms of build it’s really nice. Kick is decent considering the weight of the thing. It looks to have the same long contact patch bucking as the VFC M40A5 inside. With regards to performance, I’ll do a review of it once I sort out the scope situation. Then it’ll be upgraded

20 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I take it this is one and the same?

Correct 

Well, first time using these. Needless to say I think first game after lookdown is going to be a blast.

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, SheriffHD said:

Well, first time using these. Needless to say I think first game after lookdown is going to be a blast.

spacer.png

Yeah, those cutting mats are brilliant....

Seriously though what are they and do they need lube?