The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

9 hours ago, Asomodai said:

I was weak...

LCT TKMS (Tactical AKMS, will likely replace with a wood kit though). For £212 quid @ DutyCallsAirsoft

Fabarms STF12 Tan Compact spring shotgun for just under 60 quid. 

Damn yeah.. how much are the wood kits though?

4 hours ago, kasaran said:

Damn yeah.. how much are the wood kits though?

Wgc have them for about 60 quid. That includes the handguard and the pistol grip. 

7 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Wgc have them for about 60 quid. That includes the handguard and the pistol grip. 

my emotions are mixed, and my bank account a little lighter....

Edit: just had an email saying its out of stock, you got the last one maybe?  i always seem to miss the good deals.

3 hours ago, kasaran said:

Edit: just had an email saying its out of stock, you got the last one maybe?  i always seem to miss the good deals.

If you're handy with a file or dremel, you can mod a surplus handgrip to fit fairly easily.  

14 hours ago, Sitting Duck said:

issue if the nozzle is tooooooo long, then even on full retraction there isn't say

nearly 7mm in font of nozzle in hop unit to chamber/allow a bb to slip/pass & into bucking

if the nozzle is tooooooooo short it feeds better, but shorter nozzle never quite seals on bucking

resulting in fps loss as lips blow from lighter sealing pressure

it will probably be fine with a small tiny tolerance - you get a bit of give n take

if you get feed issues then you may have to fit delay clip or file nozzle lightly

you might be OK on semi or slower speeds, on faster snappier guns feed issues can occur more

sometimes you got a bit of leeway & others you have finer tolerance or tappet/nozzle window

(don't worry about it - I over think shit way way way too much)

give it a go and suck it & see as the saying goes, you'll probably be OK

if not start a new thread for more of your toy gun headaches

luckily this one is the exact same measurments as the cyma one rechecked with calipers calibrated this time when it arrived yesterday so should have no issues emphasise on the should with how haunted that gun is you never know lol

One EPG-C in FDE for my 933

One EPG-C in black for my other Specna

Emperion as always being top notch :)

FQjlrrK.jpg

Guest Mr. No_Face

UF PRO Striker XT Gen.2 Multi Cam Black arrived today. Pretty expensive combat shirt but well worth it since the material is comparable to my actual field and deployment gear. Now for some custom patches.💀🤙

thumbnail_IMG_1033.jpg.3c0f9017bfebe963086f85a33f0296ef.jpg

12 hours ago, kasaran said:

I just ordered. I didn't want the aged look which is out of stock. I went for the new looking set. Hopefully it is in stock. 

MOAR THINGS ORDERED. 

LCT AKMS Handguard set. 

Action Army T10 Twisted Outer Barrel (Short)

Action Army CNC VSR-10 Right Hand Tactical Up- Reciever

Action Army VSR-10 Hop up 

Double Bell Lightweight PK-6 ForeGrip

Action Army Inner Barrel Spacer GSpec

5KU PK-1 Fore Grip

9 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

I just ordered. I didn't want the aged look which is out of stock. I went for the new looking set. Hopefully it is in stock. 

MOAR THINGS ORDERED. 

LCT AKMS Handguard set. 

Action Army T10 Twisted Outer Barrel (Short)

Action Army CNC VSR-10 Right Hand Tactical Up- Reciever

Action Army VSR-10 Hop up 

Double Bell Lightweight PK-6 ForeGrip

Action Army Inner Barrel Spacer GSpec

5KU PK-1 Fore Grip

found the wooden one for 299 due instock next week, so resigned myself to that one, probably would add up to the same amount.  £200 for an lct is very good value these days

4 minutes ago, kasaran said:

found the wooden one for 299 due instock next week, so resigned myself to that one, probably would add up to the same amount.  £200 for an lct is very good value these days

Wait, do you mean you ordered the rifle or the wooden handguard kit? I thought you meant the Wood Kit! 

Edit: There is always the Tactical AKS74U :D

LCT TXS74UN-AEG – Duty Calls Airsoft

41 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Wait, do you mean you ordered the rifle or the wooden handguard kit? I thought you meant the Wood Kit! 

Edit: There is always the Tactical AKS74U :D

LCT TXS74UN-AEG – Duty Calls Airsoft

I ordered the rif this morning.  And a couple hours later got a message saying the websites wrong and would i want a refund unless something else interests me.  Went for refund.

If you havent been messaged by them i assume you got the last one?  They were quick to message and send my monies back. So not mad at them. Just mildly disappointed to have missed what would have been a steal.

I already have a ak74u.  Im in the market for an akm....  found one site selling the lct and e&l for the same price... whats better 

4 minutes ago, kasaran said:

I ordered the rif this morning.  And a couple hours later got a message saying the websites wrong and would i want a refund unless something else interests me.  Went for refund.

If you havent been messaged by them i assume you got the last one?  They were quick to message and send my monies back. So not mad at them. Just mildly disappointed to have missed what would have been a steal.

I already have a ak74u.  Im in the market for an akm....  found one site selling the lct and e&l for the same price... whats better 

Ahh! Cool. 

Mine has been fulfilled. I am pretty sure they only had one. I get the feeling its a one man band. 

E&L has better Blued steel externals and internals (Neo Motor, better bushings and a Tappet Plate that is correctly shaped). However the fit and finish is a little sloppy compared to the LCT. If you dont mind a bit of fettling, go for the E&L. Otherwise the LCT will be fine with a motor and bucking upgrade. 

6 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

E&L has better Blued steel externals and internals (Neo Motor, better bushings and a Tappet Plate that is correctly shaped). However the fit and finish is a little sloppy compared to the LCT. If you dont mind a bit of fettling, go for the E&L. Otherwise the LCT will be fine with a motor and bucking upgrade. 

I've just got an E&L which came with a wobbly railed hand guard. I had to use washers to shim it out. The rest of the gun is lovely though.

29 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I've just got an E&L which came with a wobbly railed hand guard. I had to use washers to shim it out. The rest of the gun is lovely though.

Most of my E&Ls have slightly cockeyed iron sights. Had to straighten those out. 

10 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Most of my E&Ls have slightly cockeyed iron sights. Had to straighten those out. 

Interesting - not an issue I've noticed with mine, but the gun is '104/105 based so the front sight is on the gas block?

The finish of the body is too good IMO. I though most modern AKs are painted rather than blued from the many factories since the '70s. I want to paint it to make it more tacticool, but it's just too pretty to Krylon.

Now, if anyone can tell me where I can lay my hands on a compatible (will LCT fit?) enhanced selector switch (with the extra finger ledge) I would be eternally grateful.

image.png.efe2f8f98c321cb9be58b57808f85cfb.png

• Supporters
1 hour ago, kasaran said:

E&l every day of the week:

28 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Interesting - not an issue I've noticed with mine, but the gun is '104/105 based so the front sight is on the gas block?

Now, if anyone can tell me where I can lay my hands on a compatible (will LCT fit?) enhanced selector switch (with the extra finger ledge) I would be eternally grateful.

Indeed, the full length AK Front sights are pinned in. I have had to round out the flange with a dremel and tap for a screw much like the Cymas to get it straight. 

Pretty sure all enhanced selectors fit the E&L. I could only ever find them on the Continent or in Asia though. 

39 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

E&l every day of the week:

I remember reading that thread at the time and wondering if you got a lemon?  my LCT RPK and G3 are solid.

Dont want to go for a cyma on this one as the under folding stock needs to definately be stronger than i think their steel will be.

• Supporters
Just now, kasaran said:

I remember reading that thread at the time and wondering if you got a lemon?  my LCT RPK and G3 are solid.

Dont want to go for a cyma on this one as the under folding stock needs to definately be stronger than i think their steel will be.

the internals certainly, but the externals are more of a design choice thing.

maybe it's once burned twice shy but if there was an e&l variant of a gun i wouldn't even consider lct.

granted lct do make some stuff that e&l don't.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

The finish of the body is too good IMO. I though most modern AKs are painted rather than blued from the many factories since the '70s. I want to paint it to make it more tacticool, but it's just too pretty to Krylon.

Let me have a look in my spares box. I may have one i don't need. 

Raptor mp443 grach and some spare mags. seems I managed to pick it up at just the right time. taiwangun had them in stock for about 2 weeks and then they removed them from the site. no idea why but mine is currently stuck in poland due to brexit stuff. 
e17b01accda08a2034037e22be85cd3207fe333b