The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters
2 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

They're blanks, not sure on the propellent, but I had them checked out with a firearms dealer who has some in stock. Legal to own without FAC, but yeah already arranged disposal by my local police station. They're Radway Green 5.56mm so presumably some kind of cordite.

They are our standard issue 556 blanks yes, but cordite was a thing back in the .303 days.  Modern smokeless powder is a very different thing, though people often still say cordite and 'gunpowder' (aka, black powder).

Ballastite rounds are so long out of service they'd almost certainly be gnarly and corroded at this point if found in a shed in 2021.  Also pretty damn rare in general I'd think, be surprised if more than a few exist even in the army's collection/reference storage and maybe some munitions museums.  Been a long time since I've seen a picture of the 556 version but I think they were partially blackened towards the front hence folks sometimes mix them up.

1 hour ago, TheFull9 said:

They are our standard issue 556 blanks yes, but cordite was a thing back in the .303 days.  Modern smokeless powder is a very different thing, though people often still say cordite and 'gunpowder' (aka, black powder).

Ballastite rounds are so long out of service they'd almost certainly be gnarly and corroded at this point if found in a shed in 2021.  Also pretty damn rare in general I'd think, be surprised if more than a few exist even in the army's collection/reference storage and maybe some munitions museums.  Been a long time since I've seen a picture of the 556 version but I think they were partially blackened towards the front hence folks sometimes mix them up.

Some of these are blackened on the tip but I assume thats the wax or whatever is used to seal it

3 minutes ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

The crimp seals them mate.  

Some are crimped with wax to help seal, that's what I have here. Anyway this is an airsoft thread but just through it was an interesting find. Can't actually remember how I came about them.

13 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

The RN still use ballasite rounds on the reg. We use them for firing a soft nosed projectile (colloquially known as the Bosun’s Dildo) from one ship to another to pass lines when you are at sea. 

Detonator cobra slide kit for Glock 18c (this thing is absolutely gorgeous)

Guarder lightweight BBU

Guarder extended magazine catch

Guarder TTI sights

Picks to follow when i can persuade that flipping BBU into the metal slide...

probobly stupid but have bought the m4 compression upgrade kit off ak2m4 for my cyma 621 build

Ordered a few bits for a project I'm reigniting over the past few days:

From Taiwan Gun:

• CM045a
  • CYMA Enhanced Safety Lever
  • 6x CYMA Midcaps
  • CYMA AK EPG

Replicas of the following various other places:

• B11-U
  • B19-N
  • Rails to fit the B11
  • RP-1 Charging Handle
  • PK-4 Front Grip/Hand Stop
  • A-1 Sling Mount
  • DTK-2

No prizes for guessing what's going on here. And no, I'm not expecting to see any of it anytime soon 😅.

7 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

I'm not expecting to see any of it anytime soon 😅.

haha know feeling im looking at a 2 week minimum from poland going by the tracking on my stuff from perun lol

Just now, miserydrift said:

haha know feeling im looking at a 2 week minimum from poland going by the tracking on my stuff from perun lol

2 weeks? You know nothing of the pain of waiting for stuff to turn up from HK. I ordered something at the start of December and it isn't here yet, such is the nature of wanting things that aren't readily available anywhere else!

• Supporters
6 hours ago, DRay said:

The RN still use ballasite rounds on the reg. We use them for firing a soft nosed projectile (colloquially known as the Bosun’s Dildo) from one ship to another to pass lines when you are at sea. 

Wow 😂  I knew the rifle grenades were loong gone and the raf and army don't have them anymore, never heard of such a thing as that.  The navy still had Lanchester SMGs in to the 70s though so I shouldn't be surprised at these things really.

15 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

2 weeks? You know nothing of the pain of waiting for stuff to turn up from HK. I ordered something at the start of December and it isn't here yet, such is the nature of wanting things that aren't readily available anywhere else!

haha mate i ordered brake pads for my wee 125 had to order em from itally  july last year eventualy received them november had to take my bike off the road till i got em so know your pain brother lol

RWA Nighthawk Covert Custon 1911 + 2 extra mags

WE Gen 5 G17 + 2 extra mags

Biohazard M92 from a forum member

3x SR-25 polymer mid caps

Xcortech MK2 pistol tracer

2X case locks

Soft Rifle bag for SR-25

On 02/03/2021 at 22:37, TheFull9 said:

Handed them in to my local station, they had no clue but let me keep one as a memento anyway

I was weak...

LCT TKMS (Tactical AKMS, will likely replace with a wood kit though). For £212 quid @ DutyCallsAirsoft

Fabarms STF12 Tan Compact spring shotgun for just under 60 quid. 

compression kit from ak2m4 has arrived now to wait on the perun mosfets to arrive

@Sitting Duck spoke with mr ak2m4 and hes sorted me out with a nozzle as close to the cyma length one as he had and  it fits perfect in the tappet plate :D

20210304_144409.jpg

scratch that its bang on same length as the cyma blue one i hadnt zero'd the calipers before i took measurment last time!

British Army Surplus Osprey MkIVA Armour Carrier

• 1x OpsPanel w/ Tabs
  • 3x SA80/M4 mag pouches
  • 2x 9mm Pistol mag pouches
  • 2x Smoke Grenade pouches
  • 1x Utility pouch
  • Dummy plates

Also attached (from previous armour carrier)

• Warrior M4/Pistol Fast-Mag pouch
  • Warrior Radio pouch
  • Warrior Left-Handed holster
  • Warrior Bladder pouch
  • Source Hydration 1l bladder & tube
  • 8Fields Admin/Map pouch
  • 8Fields Double-Shoulder Single-Point sling
  • 1.8m Whip Antenna w/ 80cm Aerial Relocation cable

Adobe_Post_20210304_1539270.5217446472671764.png

• Supporters
2 hours ago, miserydrift said:

compression kit from ak2m4 has arrived now to wait on the perun mosfets to arrive

@Sitting Duck spoke with mr ak2m4 and hes sorted me out with a nozzle as close to the cyma length one as he had and  it fits perfect in the tappet plate :D

20210304_144409.jpg

Cool - no wobbly nozzle then ???

coz the SHS ones I have - from Gunfire & decent Chinese sellers were a bit loose

(snug in other tappets like SHS ones, but was loose in Cyma clear & recent blue tappets)

had some snide lighter red/pink nozzles that were shorter & fit poorly in every tappet

mind you the nozzles i got are a few years old I guess, even the SHS ones

so if Pete's nozzles fit snuggly I'd be interested in grabbing a few myself

POM nozzles that are too tight fit can distort if wedged into a tappet & lose good seal at o-ring

it is the classic pita compatible crap - often stuff works alright but other times they don't go to plan

(like the larger eyelet on Cyma switches, v3 spring guide in v2's, ultra loose as fuck cylinder head

odd safety arm screw outside box, different tappet plate, possible qwirky nozzle, reinforced box for 13:1's

piston head is alright once you change o-ring though)

cheers for heads up - might drop Pete a line re nozzles

1 hour ago, miserydrift said:

scratch that its bang on same length as the cyma blue one i hadnt zero'd the calipers before i took measurment last time!

21.4mm ish, it is in Luke's recent video

but knew that anyway - it is around 21.4~21.45

(common M4 nozzle, some use nozzles a little shorter like ICS & some others)

in some boxes/builds it can a whisker too long

hence measure nozzle and other stuff to compare it all

but yeah Cyma's are usual 21.4mm

Picked up a new EOTech 558 clone with a G43 magnifier to add to my HK 416.

Also started on a new Coyote Tan loadout to go with the USMC woodland MARPAT BDUs. Started with the Elite Ops PLB shooter belt from Warrior Assault Systems. The combo contains:

- 1 x PLB Belt

- 1 x Personal Medic Rip-off pouch 

- 1 x Universal Pistol Holster

- 1 x Large Roll up Dump Pouch

- 2 x Polymer Mag 5.56mm

- 2 x Polymer Mag 9mm Pistol

Also added an adjustable radio pouch for a Baofeng, also from Warrior.

Next thing be the Recon plate carrier with Pathfinder chest rig and, once they’re back in stock, a drop pouch.

EOTech.jpg

WAS Belt.jpg

34 minutes ago, Sitting Duck said:

Cool - no wobbly nozzle then ???

coz the SHS ones I have - from Gunfire & decent Chinese sellers were a bit loose

(snug in other tappets like SHS ones, but was loose in Cyma clear & recent blue tappets)

had some snide lighter red/pink nozzles that were shorter & fit poorly in every tappet

mind you the nozzles i got are a few years old I guess, even the SHS ones

so if Pete's nozzles fit snuggly I'd be interested in grabbing a few myself

POM nozzles that are too tight fit can distort if wedged into a tappet & lose good seal at o-ring

it is the classic pita compatible crap - often stuff works alright but other times they don't go to plan

(like the larger eyelet on Cyma switches, v3 spring guide in v2's, ultra loose as fuck cylinder head

odd safety arm screw outside box, different tappet plate, possible qwirky nozzle, reinforced box for 13:1's

piston head is alright once you change o-ring though)

cheers for heads up - might drop Pete a line re nozzles

21.4mm ish, it is in Luke's recent video

but knew that anyway - it is around 21.4~21.45

(common M4 nozzle, some use nozzles a little shorter like ICS & some others)

in some boxes/builds it can a whisker too long

hence measure nozzle and other stuff to compare it all

but yeah Cyma's are usual 21.4mm

no wobble not to tight it fit pretty much bang on like the original 21.5 for the cyma blue ones and this is bang on 21.5 so perfect length aswell

yeah man id measured then messaged ak about it before i ordered asked about a longer nozzle and he swapped it for the blue one that he sent which is this one https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/nozzles/aols-m4-aluminium-nozzle-double-oring

• Supporters
1 hour ago, miserydrift said:

no wobble not to tight it fit pretty much bang on like the original 21.5 for the cyma blue ones and this is bang on 21.5 so perfect length aswell

yeah man id measured then messaged ak about it before i ordered asked about a longer nozzle and he swapped it for the blue one that he sent which is this one https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/nozzles/aols-m4-aluminium-nozzle-double-oring

issue if the nozzle is tooooooo long, then even on full retraction there isn't say

nearly 7mm in font of nozzle in hop unit to chamber/allow a bb to slip/pass & into bucking

if the nozzle is tooooooooo short it feeds better, but shorter nozzle never quite seals on bucking

resulting in fps loss as lips blow from lighter sealing pressure

it will probably be fine with a small tiny tolerance - you get a bit of give n take

if you get feed issues then you may have to fit delay clip or file nozzle lightly

you might be OK on semi or slower speeds, on faster snappier guns feed issues can occur more

sometimes you got a bit of leeway & others you have finer tolerance or tappet/nozzle window

(don't worry about it - I over think shit way way way too much)

give it a go and suck it & see as the saying goes, you'll probably be OK

if not start a new thread for more of your toy gun headaches

XT 22TPA Short motor, SHS V3 Tappet, Guarder Clear Bucking and ZCI Barrel for my new LCT TKMS :)