The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

31 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

But does fitting a Titan/Perun/whatever to a V3 gearbox sort out the horrible trigger pull (at least compared to a V2)?

My AK and G36 have fairly long trigger pulls, I know MP5K's are worse - so what's the point of a fancy pants ETU without a nice, short (sub-5mm) trigger pull?

(Yeh yeh yeh, I get it - you'll have the fancy programming bollocks n'all that as well, but so does a Warfet)

It improves it somewhat with the Titan, as others referenced, not to the same extent. With the Perun it could also make it more pleasant, although with less micro tweaking.  It should be said that Perun have a newer V3 ETU due this year. If you go to their website the V3 optical is on the discontinued section, so they should have something new in the works. 

• Supporters

[negative airsoft]

so installs the gate control software

except it didn't, won't install again and windows be like "nope, no software here"

fuuuuuuu

so installs the beta software

this actually works, yay

installs usb drivers

updates firmware

sets up gun, calibrating sensors n shit

plugs in battery

motor moves about half a mm "beeeep"

fu titan

plugs back into pc

no sector gear and over current

[/negative airsoft]

considering i knew this shit was coming, someone wanna remind me exactly why i thought this was a good idea?

sorted now, it was just too impatient to wait for the sector to do a full rotation apparently.....

A little bit of reading material for when one sits upon his throne...(Shitter)

:)

**Edit, in hindsight..maybe not such a good idea as I will no doubt end up building impression kits now...bugger

Airsoft Gear.jpg

Typhoon Airsoft were having 50% off Accessories and Tac gear. Picked up the following half price. 

Tokyo Marui M92F / M9 GBB Magazine
Tokyo Marui FN 5-7 Magazine
Abbey Predator Maintenance Gas 144a (270ml)
Abbey Silicone Gun Oil (150ml Spray)
ASG Blaster 0.20g BBs (NEW 3300 Bottle)
2x Element QD Swivel
NUPROL SHOTGUN SHELL PACK (4PC)

I dont even have a TM FN 5-7, but the mags are typically quite expensive and I do intend to get one at some point in the future!

My slow grow on the Crye chest rig ended up not being particularly slow grow at all. A lot of inspiration taken from the Reptile House blog (read as 'largely stolen entire set up'), as many seem to with this particular rig. I am planning on picking up one of the Crye stretch panels at some point but couldn’t resist the draw of the regular detachable flap. Alongside that there’s a 6x6x3 GP pouch, a full length KYWI, a TacBelts AVS adapter and a bunch of WTFix straps. Looking forward to messing around with this over the weekend to see what setup I land on.

Also had a BCM stock turn up which I completely forgot about ordering.

F8EF7160-F828-4B13-92B2-A71085C90471.thumb.jpeg.bf54d9ebb8d74b2e57ca393039691877.jpeg

1 hour ago, 38super said:

Finally joined the club. Not quite the MP5 I was looking for for but I couldn't resist.

Now shopping for everything else.

Now that's a gun that punches above it's weight. I should have picked one up last year when trade was free and easy with Poland, but bought a CYMA Ak instead. Still, for £140 notes from UK vendors, it's still a bargain.

13 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Typhoon Airsoft were having 50% off Accessories and Tac gear. Picked up the following half price. 

Tokyo Marui M92F / M9 GBB Magazine
Tokyo Marui FN 5-7 Magazine
Abbey Predator Maintenance Gas 144a (270ml)
Abbey Silicone Gun Oil (150ml Spray)
ASG Blaster 0.20g BBs (NEW 3300 Bottle)
2x Element QD Swivel
NUPROL SHOTGUN SHELL PACK (4PC)

I dont even have a TM FN 5-7, but the mags are typically quite expensive and I do intend to get one at some point in the future!

I recently purchased a 5-7 and love it, lucked out on on a mag on ebay for £15 and fire support had them in for £25 each :D

Boneyard Combat Master from Patrolbase . It's the Army Armament one , listed as a faulty slide catch and leaking valve in the mag.

The slide catch was replaced with a 1911 one from my spares draw. The leaking inlet valve was interesting, someone had overtightened it to the extent that the head had sheered off leaving the threadede section still in the mag. Drilled out nicely and replaced with a spare. Total cost to fix was effectivly zero as it was just a couple of bits from the spares.

P2190008.JPG

• Supporters
41 minutes ago, strykerles said:

SR-25 from a fellow forum member, needs a paint job and a scope riser but very happy with it.

I've used the classified picture as my phone keeps putting pictures upside down 😂

IMG_0047.JPG.a67b094aa39b87945f95b1afa01a7d42.jpeg

Lol, so your the jammy git that got it 🤤, did it go for the advertised price ?

1 minute ago, Tackle said:

Lol, so your the jammy git that got it 🤤, did it go for the advertised price ?

it did indeed, guy had a hell of a lot of interest from the 2 places it was advertised with some offering a lot more if posted

location was key, only 25mins from me

1 hour ago, Nick G said:

Boneyard Combat Master from Patrolbase . It's the Army Armament one , listed as a faulty slide catch and leaking valve in the mag.

The slide catch was replaced with a 1911 one from my spares draw. The leaking inlet valve was interesting, someone had overtightened it to the extent that the head had sheered off leaving the threadede section still in the mag. Drilled out nicely and replaced with a spare. Total cost to fix was effectivly zero as it was just a couple of bits from the spares.

P2190008.JPG

Yup

i saw that, you beat me to it !! 😬

3 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Yup

i saw that, you beat me to it !! 😬

Sorry ! Was a bit too good to pass up !

At the other end of the financial scale to the Crye, a new black Viper VX Mini chest rig setup for a new loadout I am putting together

• Supporters
7 hours ago, HuttArmouries said:

couple of these reuseable spring grenades. they were £6. so I thought it was worth a go. 

unnamed.jpg

Got a link B, looks interesting ?

8 hours ago, GenuineGerman said:

Just had these pop in the post today 

A7229994-6701-44D2-AD31-4028D0AC52CA.jpeg

Very nice but the ear pieces look  a little uncomfortable?

Regards 

4 hours ago, Shamal said:

Very nice but the ear pieces look  a little uncomfortable?

Regards 

With the buds fitted they aren’t too bad actually. I’m quite lucky that I still have the moulds they made years ago but I don’t want to lose them so will just use normal buds. Just need to get the ptt sorted now

p38HNNF.jpg

My ultra heretic 5.56 AK flash mags arrived.

I'm seriously impressed with the quality, they're Cymas and feel really sturdy. Sure as hell better than the 5.45 flash mag I already have.

In the meantime, I ordered 2 SHS QD bearing spring guides for my Specnas, a new 8mm QC gearbox for my KA PDW and another bag of 0.28s.

On 20/02/2021 at 17:25, Tackle said:

Got a link B, looks interesting ?

Not sure how trustworthy the site is but at that price and through paypal  I thought it was worth a go. 
https://www.onbuy.com/gb/m18-gel-ball-blaster-hand-grenade-water-beads-launcher-toy~c16140~p23886587/?lid=40746463