The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters
2 hours ago, miserydrift said:

waiting on this coming today picked up for £60 delivered ordered 2 mags and the universal hoslter from bespoke to do me for now

image1.jpg

Screenshot_2021-02-15 CCCP Universal Pistol Holster with Pouch (BIG - Camo).png

Dude, as Adolf Hamster has pointed out, those kinda holsters are notorious for releasing the mag when your on the move, but there's loads of hard shell holsters available for not much money, even a nuprol Hi-capa holster would be less than 20 quid, still cheaper than replacing a lost mag.

taking onboard whats been said ill be throwing the holster to my stepp son,noway the cyma pistol will loose a mag as the mags an extremely tight fit due to cyma one not fitting or feeding replaced witha similar looking boneyard find that i have sanded mm's off to get it to fit and feed takes a knock to get it out and was only a couple quid,ill deffo not be using it on the combat master though thanks for the heads up yeah already ordered 2 mags for it at £21 a pop lol dnt think i wanna have to order more llf

• Supporters

you can work around it depending on what kind of draw speed you want, just run the mag seperate and load the gun when you're gonna use it.

of course this is just another reason why the mighty makarov with its infallable heel release is the greatest pistol ever made :P

haha nah ill get a decent holster for mine now knowing this lol,could do the seperate as i have the mag puchs on my vest thingy majiggy lol

looool will take a look at em ;)

• Supporters

iirc we have a thread for making stuff if you wanna go there specifically.

that looks pretty good, and that's coming from someone who abhors lens protectors so much i refuse to use them on anything no matter how cheap or expensive the optic is.

11 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

iirc we have a thread for making stuff if you wanna go there specifically.

that looks pretty good, and that's coming from someone who abhors lens protectors so much i refuse to use them on anything no matter how cheap or expensive the optic is.

Ah, yes. Sorry about that. I have found that thread now. 

It is not so much the cost for protecting but the loss of it for that game day and time taken to get a replacement.

James

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, Piman said:

Ah, yes. Sorry about that. I have found that thread now. 

It is not so much the cost for protecting but the loss of it for that game day and time taken to get a replacement.

James

it's cool, that other thread doesn't get much traffic often ends up hidden a couple pages back.

tbh i've only ever had 2 optics get shot out and only one irreperably, was interesting playing out the day on irons lol.

but each to their own, must admit that's some fine 3-d printing as the standards of these things go.

I really need to start hiding my cards when pissed 🤣

IMG_20210216_122829.jpg

IMG_20210216_122836.jpg

IMG_20210216_122855.jpg

The most boring thing to arrive in the post ever - packs of shims:

image.png.8032a28992dba2a8b50aa951b978916e.png

I found a place that sells 0.1mm shims in packs of 50 - I'm fed up with dicking around with different thicknesses (like the airsoft packs you get) - I much prefer just using 0.1s exclusively when shimming my guns.

Just committed a war crime, bought a set of 5.56 ak magazines for my 74u.

Along with some gas cans (duster, green, red) and a bunch of bags of BLS 0.28s.

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, Skara said:

Just committed a war crime, bought a set of 5.56 ak magazines for my 74u.

dbdfe4d316e54d4e38db418a456e76da.jpg.fff6c97353694ac19adfa5717000b10e.jpg

18 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Speaking of heresy, beep beep.....

1613658702386666090847.thumb.jpg.c6843b330c22d1b2912e48cd0610c9c6.jpg

Gud.

I'm considering moving from the warfet to either a titan or a Perun on my ak, just to eliminate the semi lockup and have more battery space available for spicy 11.1s

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Skara said:

Gud.

I'm considering moving from the warfet to either a titan or a Perun on my ak, just to eliminate the semi lockup and have more battery space available for spicy 11.1s

shouldn't be getting semi lockup on a warfet?

main reason i'm doing it, as frivolous as it sounds, is literally because when you fire a burst in auto, switch back to semi and it doesn't have precock......

well, that and i'm extraordinarily bored.

6 minutes ago, DerDer said:

Gate Titan V3? 

yep, because i missed the feeling of being "that guy" now i don't run hpa any more.....

The Titan is a good call. Used to have the occasional sensor grease issue, have managed to figure out an appropriate level of lube.  Eliminating cut off lever/ trigger block problems is ace.  Also have one in a Galil and it frees up battery space.

Will be curious as to how the Aster V3 is received.  Also the Jefftron V3 leviathan should be out in the next month or two. Looks interesting.   

But does fitting a Titan/Perun/whatever to a V3 gearbox sort out the horrible trigger pull (at least compared to a V2)?

My AK and G36 have fairly long trigger pulls, I know MP5K's are worse - so what's the point of a fancy pants ETU without a nice, short (sub-5mm) trigger pull?

(Yeh yeh yeh, I get it - you'll have the fancy programming bollocks n'all that as well, but so does a Warfet)

I’ve had theTitan advanced in my ak for 3 years and it has never missed a beat. Trigger sensitivity setting means it’s nice and short for an ak, not quite as good as an v2 trigger but close enough. 
i like it but then I run an m4  buffer tube on mine so what do I know 

• Supporters
43 minutes ago, DerDer said:

The Titan is a good call. Used to have the occasional sensor grease issue, have managed to figure out an appropriate level of lube.  Eliminating cut off lever/ trigger block problems is ace.  Also have one in a Galil and it frees up battery space.

Will be curious as to how the Aster V3 is received.  Also the Jefftron V3 leviathan should be out in the next month or two. Looks interesting.   

urgh, now i remember why i'm not a fan of the titan.

may be great when it's up and working but man that's a lot of cashmonies sitting very close to a lot of things that need *ahem* persuasion to get sat in.

22 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

But does fitting a Titan/Perun/whatever to a V3 gearbox sort out the horrible trigger pull (at least compared to a V2)?

My AK and G36 have fairly long trigger pulls, I know MP5K's are worse - so what's the point of a fancy pants ETU without a nice, short (sub-5mm) trigger pull?

(Yeh yeh yeh, I get it - you'll have the fancy programming bollocks n'all that as well, but so does a Warfet)

it does, although tbh trigger pull in and of itself isn't really the problem i'm wanting to solve.