The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

46 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

Their distributors aren't really that high on their list even in the US so that could be a while much as I hate to say it.  I am admittedly kinda fortunate through both having an address over there to use and knowing the owners (not that I get any free stuff by any stretch).

Aye, I did what many seem to do with the carrier itself and picked  it up bit by bit as they came in stock, just waiting on a 5.56 placard in MC (I love the micro rig as a chest rig, not a huge fan of it mounted on a PC) and the back panel at this point. The cumberbund I'm using is ranger green while the plate bags are Multicam... which I've actually grown to like.

The only real downside to the carrier is having no convenient way to integrate carrying a 48ci tank on the back at present. I've always carried my tanks in an old (read as 'VERY old') Eagle Industries MAP pack but the lack of MOLLE on the rear plate bag removes that as an option. I'm currently stuck between waiting on the Spiritus back panels to turn up over here (and hoping the 'main' compartment fits what I'm hoping it'll fit), just running a regular small backpack/hydration carrier using shoulder straps with the carrier slick or selling it and picking up an FCPC because it seems like a very similar carrier but gives me my MAP pack back. Not in a huge rush given where we're at, but a complication I find myself thinking about far too much at present.

• Moderators

My ICS CES ‘MP5’ arrived today, day early👍.... snuck it in the house, swapped it for the G33 that’s currently within easy access if I shoot the targets in the shed....no one will ever know.... son might as this one has no laser attached and at 12 he knows some of the ‘gun brands’ already 🤦‍♂️😂

Fitted the torch grip I bought for it last year, looks nice 😂😂

Just need to find some smaller batteries now...

Well, my wallet needs CPR now....

Tippmann M4, 5x CO2 mags, ninja air line HPA tank and HPA tank pouch arrived today.

The guys at Battlezone airsoft were also kind enough to throw in a pack of .3g tippmann bbs and 10 CO2 bulbs as a brucie bonus 😃

20210111_231049.jpg

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Time to wake up the neighbours 

DSC_0326.JPG

Just don't store it primed & ready for use, left in ya bag after game day

(yeah if you can remember those days)

One of mine was left primed for months (totally forgot about it)

when I went to use it, it had stuck & failed to to go BOOOOM after 5~7 secs

poured/squirted loads of WD40 & silicone in it but never worked 101% after it got stuck

so avoid being forgetful & leaving it primed in ya bag ready to use

They do a nice impact one "Dominator" that works on soft-ish ground better than O-Shi-Boom

but more bulky than O-Shi-Boom & others

Adapters for different blanks can be bought - but watch for revised adapters for older Dynatex

(I bought wrong ones - in the end made up a sleeve to use Cheddites .209 in my 9mm BFG)

soz for waffle - just avoid leaving it primed is the real message

Thanks for heads up, I was planning on leaving it uncocked and unloaded anyway due to small hands in the house (as funny as it would be to teach my son to breech and clear the house, I don't think the Mrs would think the same)

Just picked this thing up on a Telegram group for €20 posted.

It'll be used for my sniper kit as I don't want to ruin my other (real steel) rigs by painting/gluing shit onto :D

7 minutes ago, Skara said:

Just picked this thing up on a Telegram group for €20 posted.

It'll be used for my sniper kit as I don't want to ruin my other (real steel) rigs by painting/gluing shit onto :D

Yeah that's cool.

I like it. With my over shoulder sling, weight of gat tends to  pull against my neck causing rubbing.

Regards 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Shamal said:

I like it. With my over shoulder sling, weight of gat tends to  pull against my neck causing rubbing.

i've tried those, problem is the gun just tends to pull the whole rig into an awkward angle which is just as annoying.

neckscarf or even better a jacket with a hood are good for preventing slings sawing your head off.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Shamal said:

Yeah that's cool.

Regards 

You want one of these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FMA-Tactical-Vest-Shoulder-Mount-Sling-Fixed-Anchor-Hook-Clip-Molle-Chest-Rig-/122038603693

Velcro's on to your chest rig/vest shoulder strap and holds your sling away from your neck.

12 minutes ago, Lozart said:

You want one of these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FMA-Tactical-Vest-Shoulder-Mount-Sling-Fixed-Anchor-Hook-Clip-Molle-Chest-Rig-/122038603693

Velcro's on to your chest rig/vest shoulder strap and holds your sling away from your neck.

does anyone have one of these? i do wonder how strong they are. can see it snapping/deforming pretty quick...

edit: just seen an aluminium version which i imagine would be better https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FMA-Airsoft-Shoulder-Mount-Sling-Fixed-Anchor-Hook-Clip-Molle-Chest-Rig-Aluminum-/123586709955

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Hamisakim said:

does anyone have one of these? i do wonder how strong they are. can see it snapping/deforming pretty quick...

edit: just seen an aluminium version which i imagine would be better https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FMA-Airsoft-Shoulder-Mount-Sling-Fixed-Anchor-Hook-Clip-Molle-Chest-Rig-Aluminum-/123586709955

I do. I have the FMA plastic one and it's absolutely fine.

8 minutes ago, Hamisakim said:

You really want to run around with two metal things on your shoulder waiting to impale you if you fall? :D

I'll take plastic ones every day over those.

1 hour ago, Shamal said:

With my over shoulder sling, weight of gat tends to  pull against my neck causing rubbing.

The sling will either be removed or modified to be a single strap on the right shoulder to "hold" an AAP01, on the left I'll have my mk23 so I reckon it'll be pretty balanced.

Will post a picture once it gets here and I get to attach pouches (in the loadout thread)

13 minutes ago, Skara said:

You really want to run around with two metal things on your shoulder waiting to impale you if you fall? :D

I'll take plastic ones every day over those.

The sling will either be removed or modified to be a single strap on the right shoulder to "hold" an AAP01, on the left I'll have my mk23 so I reckon it'll be pretty balanced.

Will post a picture once it gets here and I get to attach pouches (in the loadout thread)

hadn't thought about being impaled.... i got the plastic one :D

56 minutes ago, Lozart said:

That is a possibility! 👍

38 minutes ago, GothicGhost said:

G&G GPM92 of patrol base half price sale only £62 😯

Shoots very good and being full metal feels very nice.

IMG_20210112_150108753~2.jpg

I'm a man of simple desires but I like that a lot.might be tempted.

Oo.

yes.no. I mean yes hunny after bath panel.(bollocks) gotta make sure binocular vision wife is not in room😡

1 hour ago, GothicGhost said:

G&G GPM92 of patrol base half price sale only £62 😯

Shoots very good and being full metal feels very nice.

There were some cracking deals to be had on Patrol base. 

£85 for a Cyma CM.650A/SR47? Oh go on then...mine arrives Thursday. I even had consent from the missus.

There were a few Specna Edges for £70 - £100, which was worth it just for the external parts. Nearly added one to the order, but the missus would only let me buy the one gun.

3 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

£85 for a Cyma CM.650A/SR47? Oh go on then...mine arrives Thursday. I even had consent from the missus.

There were a few Specna Edges for £70 - £100, which was worth it just for the external parts. Nearly added one to the order, but the missus would only let me buy the one gun.

Yeah yeah sure you did.😉😉

11 minutes ago, DaktariT said:

Bought this Gorka from https://www.grizzlymanshop.com , told the wife it was for dog walking.

PXL_20210112_211522809.thumb.jpg.19cdd7dda27fa5b552a78972b4bfcb65.jpg

Seems to be better quality than the Bar Gorka, definitely a better fit.

Good ploy!👍

1 hour ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Yeah 😅 wasn't even looking for a new gun but price's was to good to pass up lol.

I would got an M4 if I had the extra 🤣😂

My Cyma CM650A (SR47) for £85 arrived today, courtesy of the Patrolbase sale.

unnamed.jpg.6c2cb6ff0acb83a6ae26f4c93ae73042.jpg

I bought it as a cheap loaner. But I like it, I like it a lot. I might end up using it a lot more than I originally intended. 

5 hours ago, Monkman said:

New suppressor to go with my MTW.  GK Tactical Knights Armament...

20210113_124939-COLLAGE.jpg

Ooh where'd you get this? 

Love this style