The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

On 16/11/2020 at 19:45, AlphaBear said:

Naaaaah absolutely crap choice.... get yourself a Nuprol ;)

And get yourself over onto the MWS thread. That’s where we live ;) 

Oh no! I suppose I better send it back then?? Oh wait, I’m outside the 14 day return policy.......looks like I’m stuck with this crap gun, what am I going to do? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

18 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

A new red dot for the Vector

06C72614-338D-4BA2-966C-EDB600554A7E.jpeg

Unusual but nice looking.

Looks like a solar panel on top

🤔

Saw this on Taiwan gun and thought sod it i'll buy it to cheer myself up after breaking up with the gf...again! 

20201119_181554.jpg

3 hours ago, HuttArmouries said:

Just bought a tanaka colt saa from japan. Its totally not an excuse for me to build and wear a cowboy gun belt at airsoft. 

Don’t forget the Stetson and red one piece undies 👍🏻

Reloading is so overrated, I just bought a G&G 1500bb drum mag for MP5s.

Now I can magdump cheaters with my KA PDW :D

1 hour ago, Skara said:

Reloading is so overrated, I just bought a G&G 1500bb drum mag for MP5s.

Now I can magdump cheaters with my KA PDW :D

Think about getting the 2300 round M4 one for my Double Eagle Honey Badger 😆

3 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Think about getting the 2300 round M4 one for my Double Eagle Honey Badger 😆

I have it.

Works flawlessly, although it's super heavy when fully loaded (mind you, I have the manual winding only one because it's less shit that can go wrong in tournaments, the electric winding ones are even heavier because of the battery + electronics inside).

Works best with short guns like your HB :D

I do sometimes use it when I want to run light loadouts without chest rigs.

ZCI 22tpa motor

SHS 13:1 gears

SHS 14t piston

Some more Alpha Wire

A bunch of small parts to replenish my stock of spare bits and bobs.

All from our friend @ak2m4

3 hours ago, Asomodai said:

5KU Zentico PT-1 Stock for E&L AK's. 

ZenitCo_PT-1_KlassikaStockShortRight.jpg

I’ve never been overly ‘into’ conventional steel/wood AKs, but I’ve always had a soft spot for short AKs with a bunch of Zenitco tat thrown on them. It’s a build I’ve never got round to doing, but have been thinking about more and more of late. This image is not helping.

2 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

I’ve never been overly ‘into’ conventional steel/wood AKs, but I’ve always had a soft spot for short AKs with a bunch of Zenitco tat thrown on them. It’s a build I’ve never got round to doing, but have been thinking about more and more of late. This image is not helping.

Aye. As I am planning an MVD/Omon loadout, tricked out Zenitco AKs are a must. 

Sadly for you I like my long bois! These parts are going on a full length 74n!

6 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Aye. As I am planning an MVD/Omon loadout, tricked out Zenitco AKs are a must. 

Sadly for you I like my long bois! These parts are going on a full length 74n!

Haha, I look forward to seeing it nevertheless! There’s just something about Zenitco parts that draws me in, irrelevant of what they’re on.

The stumbling block any time I’ve seriously considered doing it is the base RIF. Seems a little backward to spend a lot on the base RIF and then replace half the things which lead to it costing so much in the first place. Add the fact I’ve struggled to find much information on what exact modifications are required to get parts which seem to have been made to fit LCTs, E&Ls and GHKs (‘high end’ as I understand it, I know VERY little about the AK platform in terms of airsoft) to fit on a Cyma and that tends to be the point the temptation dies out. Well, those and the fact I haven’t worked on an AEG in lord knows how long so I’d definitely end up breaking it.

14 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Haha, I look forward to seeing it nevertheless! There’s just something about Zenitco parts that draws me in, irrelevant of what they’re on.

The stumbling block any time I’ve seriously considered doing it is the base RIF. Seems a little backward to spend a lot on the base RIF and then replace half the things which lead to it costing so much in the first place. Add the fact I’ve struggled to find much information on what exact modifications are required to get parts which seem to have been made to fit LCTs, E&Ls and GHKs (‘high end’ as I understand it, I know VERY little about the AK platform in terms of airsoft) to fit on a Cyma and that tends to be the point the temptation dies out. Well, those and the fact I haven’t worked on an AEG in lord knows how long so I’d definitely end up breaking it.

Tactical airsoft have an E&L Elak for just 190 quid. Proper blues steel. You need to have the E&l specific 5KU Zenitco stock, but everything else needs the normal amount of filing to get on. Plus you don't need to upgrade any of the E&L internals. 

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

the general rule is if it doesn't fit then make it fit.

ak's tend to be a lot more hands on when it comes to this kind of modding than the likes of ar's.

thing is most folks wanting the more premium ak's tend to want the nice blued reciever hence having to get the pricier guns to begin with.

10 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Tactical airsoft have an E&L Elak for just 190 quid. Proper blues steel. You need to have the E&l specific 5KU Zenitco stock, but everything else needs the normal amount of filing to get on. Plus you don't need to upgrade any of the E&L internals. 

the only thing to mention is it looks like the 710 is using a custom gas block? i considered one myself although ended up going classic with an akm.

I must be behind on my loose understand of the general rule for AKs, is ‘Nyet. Rifle is fine.’ dying out? 😅

I guess I hadn’t really considered the receiver/finish of the receiver being worth the extra but that makes a lot of sense. I fear I’m straying in to territory of maybe finally actually ‘doing the thing’ in the not too distant future. This thread is so dangerous.

• Supporters
33 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

I must be behind on my loose understand of the general rule for AKs, is ‘Nyet. Rifle is fine.’ dying out? 😅

nah, it's still used by people too poor to afford zenitco (ie me :P )

i still view m4 stocks as heresy, but dragging an ak through the zenit catalogue can be good.

tbh if money wasn't an object i'd probably be going big time into siderail optics, but there's not many decent airsoft repros of the more eclectic stuff.