The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Since I have my first, lightweight ghillie suit done, I'm going to visit that leaf suit I bought that has been in my wardrobe for about a year now, as well as making a proper rifle ghillie for my VSR. If I have anything left over, I'll use the OTHER webtex concealment vest I have (I bought one too many) and make a leafy cloak thing as a lightweight alternative to my already relatively lightweight ghillie.

image.thumb.png.97e100988154707f0af78838fb1de708.png

image.png.891fe7ba56c6190fb934ff93b59557d8.png

SHS set from Pete acquired, now I can turn my ARP-9 into a proper wanker gun ❤️

In addition, I just bought an Airtech Studios hair trigger thingamajig for the G&G ETU which shortens the wank pull from the current 65 light years to roughly 2mm.

Next is a drop stock.

On 30/09/2020 at 20:00, L3wisD said:

AAP-01s came into stock!

Grabbed one straight away!

I've got mine couple of days ago from BespokeAirsoft, just unpacked this bad boy and holy shit does it feel like a toy - literally no weight to it. Don't get me wrong though, it's GREAT!

20200930_195935.jpg

On 28/09/2020 at 19:40, Skara said:

now I can turn my ARP-9 into a proper wanker gun ❤️

You're evil... so, where in the UK can I get that trigger you're speaking of? 😂

On 30/09/2020 at 20:00, L3wisD said:

AAP-01s came into stock!

Grabbed one straight away!

Ta for mentioning this, I’ll go ahead and add that to the ‘impulse purchase’ list. I suspect I’ll be parting with some existing pistols before long.

Picked up some of the Viper VX bits a few weeks back and have been sticking various bits of foliage to it since(once I’ve had the time to do the backpack I’ll likely give the shiny green fake leaves a dusting of brown paint). Using the quad SMG insert for the Mk23 mags works a treat, I’ve got a pair of the holster inserts arriving tomorrow which should serve as decent SRS mag pouches (currently using the single mag sleeves, they’re a little too tight).

0881FA49-CCA5-4804-883B-FD83EEA1BF0F.thumb.jpeg.9d8cd5880e0f733b033490d708f2b448.jpeg

And treated the SRS to a new scope.

2DC2A3EE-0790-45E6-96E0-0D7ED485B9A2.thumb.jpeg.34d8a428c1b994b5d422b0e281716e6b.jpeg

40 minutes ago, ziCk_ said:

You're evil... so, where in the UK can I get that trigger you're speaking of? 😂

Nowhere I'm afraid, I ordered it directly from Airtech (paid €18 including postage to Italy)

I bought a AAP-01 for 75£ from PB this evening (soon as I got the email really) - coming Friday :)

/edit just looked on PB for optional extras but the guns all sold out in all colour options

On 23/09/2020 at 19:49, Skara said:

Ares grip I guess...

Had the same issue with it (on an Ares M4 btw), motor sits at a stupid angle and chews on bevel gears/pinions.. What the fuck were they thinking..

Yeah Ares Amoeba. 

IMG-20200930-235611.jpg

IMG_20200930_235611.thumb.jpg.9cf7f22ed036973720940c9e46895f3f.jpg

IMG_20200930_235611.jpg

6 hours ago, MiK said:

I bought a AAP-01 for 75£ from PB this evening (soon as I got the email really) - coming Friday :)

/edit just looked on PB for optional extras but the guns all sold out in all colour options

My mate managed to get the last tan one. The slag didn't get me one! Ah well, picking up a WE G18C on Monday.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT I'M SO HAPPY!

Fucking finally found a stubby M4 fixed stock with the fucking door! €24 posted from a San Marino retailer!

Now, onto yet another handguard for the ARP-9...

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, Skara said:

HOLY FUCKING SHIT I'M SO HAPPY!

Fucking finally found a stubby M4 fixed stock with the fucking door! €24 posted from a San Marino retailer!

Now, onto yet another handguard for the ARP-9...

Congrats - I know you was after one, bit rare like hens teeth they are

(especially the stubby ones)

Not all of them come with the fixed stock ring...

King Arms Stock Ring for M16A2 Fixed Stock Airsoft Tiger111HK Area

some do - quite a few don't, easy to grab a cheap plastic M4 stock ring and chop it up

(can hack a metal stock ring up but a lot more work)

but think you needed the back mostly for the opening door on ICS

so no biggy, but you got the back you wanted and the option of stubby or full stock now

(if I'm correct it was for the ICS M4 & don't need the fixed stock ring on ICS I think)

Bolt lengths are a little different - shorter bolt on ICS coz of stock tube thingy than into spring guide

so the full size fixed stock m5 bolt may be about 20mm to 1 inch or 25.4mm too long

Guess you could shove the full stock with closed back on a M4/SR25 DMR setup if you wanted

(or keep it as spare as it took so long to find something)

But yeah fixed stocks, seemed to have fizzled out & a little tricky to source for a couple of years

well done anyway

Double Bell KAR98 . I'll never skirmish it 'cos I'd spend more time looking for the brass than actually shooting it 😂 However for garden use it's very cool the whole shell loading and ejection thing is very satisfying and the real wood is pretty decent for the money.

2 hours ago, Sitting Duck said:

Not all of them come with the fixed stock ring...

Which is stupid, because you NEED that ring to mount the stock 😕

27 minutes ago, MiK said:

AAP-01 arrived early doors - seems to fire well but haven’t had much time to mess about with - Yes the manual is in “French” - any translators about ^^

A02BD88A-4D4B-48E4-B0A1-F6D31119A0A8.jpeg

I can't tell if that's black or FDE?

Either way, what do you need a manual for!?

I have bought <ginnie-aladdin-unlimited-cosmic-power.gif> a Titan brick and charger!

Reports on how that goes next week at Ambush (near Southampton)

New Kombat uk patrol boots and a vertical grip finish my splurge.

Just got my Tippman/Odin M4/M16 speedloader in the mail.

quickly tested it out on some mags and it works so much better than the el-cheapo Nuprol one I had before.
2,5 times the price, but at least I can have faith this will keep working, and working well, for some time to come

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Smiling-Dutchman said:

Just got my Tippman/Odin M4/M16 speedloader in the mail.

quickly tested it out on some mags and it works so much better than the el-cheapo Nuprol one I had before.
2,5 times the price, but at least I can have faith this will keep working, and working well, for some time to come

i'd give you an expected lifetime for the og m12, but mine hasn't broken yet.....

for context i bought mine before the clones hit the market....

1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i'd give you an expected lifetime for the og m12, but mine hasn't broken yet.....

for context i bought mine before the clones hit the market....

only reason I bought a clone was ebcause I couldn't find the original anywhere, did 2 events with it and hated it. handle fell off before the first game, made a new one, but the amount of grinding noise and plastic dust was quite off-putting. this one actually feels solid and not cheaply made.

we have a saying in Dutch that goes "goedkoop is duurkoop" and it basically means that buying cheap stuff is more expensive in the long run

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, Smiling-Dutchman said:

only reason I bought a clone was ebcause I couldn't find the original anywhere, did 2 events with it and hated it. handle fell off before the first game, made a new one, but the amount of grinding noise and plastic dust was quite off-putting. this one actually feels solid and not cheaply made.

we have a saying in Dutch that goes "goedkoop is duurkoop" and it basically means that buying cheap stuff is more expensive in the long run

yeah i've heard a lot of similar stuff about the clones with the handles etc.

and i must admit the dutch version rolls off the tongue better than the english lol.