The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

23 hours ago, L3wisD said:

The original thread is knackered, so we'll start a new one. 

I've bought Shed Loads recently:

• Viper VX Buckle Up Plate Carrier (Gen2) - Black
  • Viper VX Utility Chest Rig (Black)
  • Viper VX (See a theme here?) Pistol mag insert
  • Viper VX Pistol holster insert
  • Viper Scrote Dangler (Black)
  • Surefire XC-1 Torch Clone
  • Nuprol Black cap
  • UKARA Police Patches
  • Delta Mike Facepro Snood (Grey)

All of which you can see here:

B2rilXV.jpg

I’ve been eyeing up one of ‘Utility Rigs’ for a while as a cheaper option to throw a bunch of fake leaves and other random assorted shite onto with Shoe Goo (loved the D3CRM and Flatpack combo, didn’t have the heart to deface it).

Don’t suppose you know how well the SMG inserts would work for pistol mag retention? The only thing that’s been putting me off is how shallow the pistol mag inserts seem to be, it’s weird that they’ve stitched the bottom... though I guess picking that stitching is another option to have them sit a bit deeper.

• Mostly Retired Moderators
1 hour ago, alxndrhll said:

Don’t suppose you know how well the SMG inserts would work for pistol mag retention? The only thing that’s been putting me off is how shallow the pistol mag inserts seem to be, it’s weird that they’ve stitched the bottom... though I guess I picking that stitching is another option to have them sit a bit deeper

This was something I was contemplating myself earlier actually.

For all intents and purposes they are the same width, with each "Compartment" being the same. But the SMG inserts being open at the bottom allow the smg mags to sit further down into the pouch.

I've got two of the Pistol mag inserts and they're good - retention is tight on the mag without being annoying and you can sit the insert down into the pouch quite far so only the baseplate sits proud of the pouch itself. Wouldn't worry about them falling out.

2 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

This was something I was contemplating myself earlier actually.

For all intents and purposes they are the same width, with each "Compartment" being the same. But the SMG inserts being open at the bottom allow the smg mags to sit further down into the pouch.

I've got two of the Pistol mag inserts and they're good - retention is tight on the mag without being annoying and you can sit the insert down into the pouch quite far so only the baseplate sits proud of the pouch itself. Wouldn't worry about them falling out.

Much appreciated, for something that seems fairly popular there isn’t a huge amount of information about in terms of how ‘universal’ the pouches are. I’m probably just too precious about it but I’ve struggled to find universal things that give a level of retention I’m comfortable with when it comes to MK23 mags, but being able to ditch velcro and zips sounds like a winner.

Sidenote, that UKARA Police patch is so obnoxious in the best way.

I bought a 5KU 7" MWS outer barrel (right) just over a month ago & it arrived today, only for me to realise it was slightly too short for my plans! Chopped my Jager Cave barrel (left) down instead (they are 14.5" originally). If anyone is looking for a 7" MWS outer barrel... 🤣

20200916_143548.jpg

20 minutes ago, BigBlackGlock said:

I bought a 5KU 7" MWS outer barrel (right) just over a month ago & it arrived today, only for me to realise it was slightly too short for my plans! Chopped my Jager Cave barrel (left) down instead (they are 14.5" originally). If anyone is looking for a 7" MWS outer barrel... 🤣

20200916_143548.jpg

Don't cha just hate it when 7" is deemed 'slightly too short'... I blame the internet.

Looks like a tidy job on the other though 👌

Finally got one. Bought in pieces and now back together and working perfectly. Little bit of an airseal issue but nothing major. Definately need to find a proper flash hider for it though. Not really liking the look of that scar one on it but thats what it came with. 

IMG_5467.JPG

2 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

Don't cha just hate it when 7" is deemed 'slightly too short'... I blame the internet.

Looks like a tidy job on the other though 👌

Don't cha just hate it when 7" is deemed 'slightly too short'... I blame the internet

haha know what you mean. My wife was contented with what she had until the internet came along. 😉🤭

regards 

Acquired a pair of pistols recently. The bisley is the one @HELIflipper03 sold recently, though I got it off the guy who bought it from him. It's like new. 

Other is a western arms longslide that I was selling for a friend and just ended up with myself. 

Both will be skirmished and both shoot very nicely. In fact I'd forgotten how nice Tanakas revolvers are.

received_324873295513229.jpeg

A new Helmet mounted adapter for the action cam. This one mounts from the bottom rather then the top so the camera stays out of my face! 

Also got a head strap system so I don't have to take a helmet everytime.

Not the most exciting thing but Dump Pouch arrived today. It's a little larger than I expected but it feels very robust

IMG_20200917_133637266.thumb.jpg.7907a16d46c2731e70a98b21ef41a16f.jpg

I'm considering either a WAS Universal Holster or a specific one for my CZ-75. I'm a little conflicted at the moment on which route to go.

2 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Not the most exciting thing but Dump Pouch arrived today. It's a little larger than I expected but it feels very robust

IMG_20200917_133637266.thumb.jpg.7907a16d46c2731e70a98b21ef41a16f.jpg

I'm considering either a WAS Universal Holster or a specific one for my CZ-75. I'm a little conflicted at the moment on which route to go.

I wasn't convinced by the WAS Universal Holster until I got one for my USP-C. Honestly it's one of the best options out there. With little or no adjustment it'll fit most pistols and it feels completely secure. I also haven't had any issues with scarves from it, though you'll still probably get wear on a metal pistol. 

A viper multicam chest rig. Say what you will but they really do  produce some very well made,quality items. 🙂👍

Regards 

Haha. But no seriously I am a viper fan in much the same way as my son is a dewalt addict. Quality sells lol

👍

Regards 

Apparently COVID-19 or really bad case of manflu. And I didn’t pay for it either - what a treat! Sending my home testing kit in to lab in couple of hours.

other than that, PDW9 S3 in black and M300 torch ripoff from AliExpress as well as Arisaka-style 45degree M-LOK mount for the torch.

2CD6E02D-A581-47BB-9DF8-8BE2C36EFBE1.jpeg

• Mostly Retired Moderators

A Tectonic Innovations Atom Grenade - in Orange.  £13.99
And three boxes of bangs.  - £10.50

Tectonic Innovations ATOM Impact Grenade

Didn't realise these were so cheap! I feel bad for the company selling 3D Printed ones for £20-something! 

(Probably only use this to terrorise colleagues at work tbfh)

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

A Tectonic Innovations Atom Grenade - in Orange.  £13.99
And three boxes of bangs.  - £10.50

Tectonic Innovations ATOM Impact Grenade

Didn't realise these were so cheap! I feel bad for the company selling 3D Printed ones for £20-something! 

(Probably only use this to terrorise colleagues at work tbfh)

Saw FF promoting these, where do you the bangs from?

1 minute ago, L3wisD said:

Got the grenade and the bangs from the same place - UKFOB

https://www.ukfob.co.uk/Tectonic-Innovations-ATOM-Impact-Grenade

I've just been to see Paul at UKFOB and came away with one along with a few other bits!! Didn't have his delivery of bangers in for it though so I'll have to wait!!

IMG-20200918-WA0003.jpeg

32 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

That's concerning, they're showing in-stock on the website 😕

Knowing my luck the delivery turned up after I left.

How loud are these atom grenade things then?😈

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Shamal said:

How loud are these atom grenade things then?😈

119dB allegedly!

10 minutes ago, Lozart said:

119dB allegedly!

Yeah I have rubber flaps on my helmet to protect my ears... one day guy brought these on site - I couldn’t properly cover my ears, shit hurts. I need to get Comtacs/alternative, these things are no joke.

30 minutes ago, ziCk_ said:

Yeah I have rubber flaps on my helmet to protect my ears... one day guy brought these on site - I couldn’t properly cover my ears, shit hurts. I need to get Comtacs/alternative, these things are no joke.

The prevalence of these things makes me quite nervous. It’s easier than most people think to give someone permanent hearing damage.

Where I play is all outdoors so it would be extremely unlikely (or unlucky) for someone to end up seriously affected but indoor sites, where build materials generally have an extremely low absorption coefficient and players would be in closer proximity to the device would be a ideal scenario for hearing loss or damage.

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

119dB allegedly!

Wow! 🙉