The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

18 minutes ago, HuttArmouries said:

I always have an eye on the boneyards. 2/3 of the guns I run were bought broken XD

I will have to start looking at boneyards. Any particular ones?

8 minutes ago, Shamal said:

I will have to start looking at boneyards. Any particular ones?

Bbguns4less. There is a lot of shit and two tone to wade through but they also have a lot of gbb stuff people just didnt know how to use and returned. They are the reason I have 4 1911s. Be ready to do some stripping and repainting though

Thanks buddy

I will check it out. Cheers 👍

Regards 

• Supporters
4 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Soon Crye won't need to fulfill military contracts to keep the lights on.  They'll just wait for Chris' next order.

🤣 they actually don't make much off me (comparatively speaking), most of it comes from ebay.  Might get some of the hot weathers but that's it for now in terms of stuff that's commercially available, don't rate the PCs for airsoft personally.

The box of bits arrived today and in about an hour I had it mostly together. I didn't bother doing it 100% as it's coming apart soon to get completely rebuilt. It's scruffy and there are some fitment issues in a couple of places and a couple of bits missing but nothing that can't be fixed. Overall I'm really happy with it, it was cheap, it's lightweight and when it's done it'll be a good reliable backup or loner gun

IMG_20200903_164452.jpg

SHS (RA) Tappet Plate (V2), CYMA 15 Tooth Reinforced Piston w/ Piston Head, SHS (RA) 12:1 Gears, SHS Shim Set and 8mm SHS Bushings for my SCARH

Just brought some new parts for the Daytona G&P M4

•High Rof spring

•New flat tip (rubber) hop up set screw

•New Reap nub hop up bucking

•R hopped the barrel while I had it all apart

Video for sexy noise and recoil, love a Daytona gun! Has been going strong now for 3 and a half years!

Also ordered a new barrel for my Scar H Daytona gun,  will R hop and fit that aswell as a high ROF spring too.

I've been trying to prise this off a mate for a while, a KTW flintlock. Finally succeeded.

It's a Springer, about 230 fps but very accurate and consistent, which actually makes it a skirmishable gun.

FB_IMG_1599340795410.jpg

About to buy a new grip for my SCARH. It seems Magpul grips should work with a bit of sanding on the grip / some shimming, I was going to get a PTS EPG M4 Grip: 

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/pts-epg-m4-grip-aeg---black

But I stumbled across this one:

https://www.justcauseairsoft.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=717

ares-m4-51.jpg

I think the two-toned one will look great on a Tan SCARH. Thoughts? 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

The original thread is knackered, so we'll start a new one. 

I've bought Shed Loads recently:

• Viper VX Buckle Up Plate Carrier (Gen2) - Black
  • Viper VX Utility Chest Rig (Black)
  • Viper VX (See a theme here?) Pistol mag insert
  • Viper VX Pistol holster insert
  • Viper Scrote Dangler (Black)
  • Surefire XC-1 Torch Clone
  • Nuprol Black cap
  • UKARA Police Patches
  • Delta Mike Facepro Snood (Grey)

All of which you can see here:

B2rilXV.jpg

Went for a skirmish on Saturday just gone and came back with another recoil. TM Storm, a modern twist to the AK. And I can even add a CTR stock. Whoopie. 

Thanks to my mate who let me have it. Now I need some more mags!!!

335F43EC-6507-4FDC-A964-8EC07E40B57F.jpeg

2 hours ago, L3wisD said:

• Nuprol Black cap
  • UKARA Police Patches

B2rilXV.jpg

I’ve been using the pistol holster in my VX chest rig, found it a little bulky. How does it work for you?

1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

• Nuprol Black cap
  • UKARA Police Patches

B2rilXV.jpg

How is the viper chest rig? I'm after a cheaper alternative to buying a new WAS panel for each of my guns. 

In anticipation of eventually getting back on the field and hopefully getting my M249 up and running, I have become very aware of my skinny arms. So I've got myself a set of weights in the hopes that it'll last longer than half the first game 😂

I can't stop buying "just a few bits"!

Sniper string

Recon Raffia

4 cheap o Walkie talkies so I can tell my mates I've fallen down a rabbit hole while out on a sniper flanking mission!

3D printed Osprey MK23 supressor from PrintedAirsoft

A pack of £2.99 fake leaves to play "craft" with

IMG_20200915_191643.jpg

• Mostly Retired Moderators

The old thread is now fixed, so I've merged the temporary new thread with this one!

As you were!

17 hours ago, Big Daddy Vladdy said:

I’ve been using the pistol holster in my VX chest rig, found it a little bulky. How does it work for you?

I find it ok to be fair.
The trick I found is to holster your pistol into the insert and then insert the VX Holster insert into your chest rig with the pistol in. The Utility rig will then form around the pistol, so it fits well while still allowing the pistol to have room.

17 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

How is the viper chest rig? I'm after a cheaper alternative to buying a new WAS panel for each of my guns. 

It's really really good. Especially considering how little they cost.. about £24 in some shops!

It's especially convenient being able to have each one set up for a different play style too. Saves having to buy a new plate carrier and pouches for each eventuality.

I've no complaints about the quality either, the stitching is nice and tidy and they feel very robust.

Very much recommend the newer Viper gear (just maybe avoid the older stuff)

I've picked up a Karrimor SF dump pouch to replace my old one as my old one was incompatible with molle.

I've been contemplating ordering a few bits and pieces but it's hard to justify when I'm just not getting the play time due to trying to reduce my risk of exposure to ze plague.

44 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

The old thread is now fixed, so I've merged the temporary new thread with this one!

As you were!

I find it ok to be fair.
The trick I found is to holster your pistol into the insert and then insert the VX Holster insert into your chest rig with the pistol in. The Utility rig will then form around the pistol, so it fits well while still allowing the pistol to have room.

It's really really good. Especially considering how little they cost.. about £24 in some shops!

It's especially convenient being able to have each one set up for a different play style too. Saves having to buy a new plate carrier and pouches for each eventuality.

I've no complaints about the quality either, the stitching is nice and tidy and they feel very robust.

Very much recommend the newer Viper gear (just maybe avoid the older stuff)

Thanks. How easy is it to swap out the inserts? I was going to have multiple sets of inserts with a single rig for my 9mm and .308 guns

• Supporters

General tip for any spiritus and associated clone rigs; put whatever you're gonna carry in to the insert beforehand as mentioned, whether it's 556 mags, SMG, whatever, then kinda bend it in to a curve and push it in.  Only the convex side of the velcro will try and stick on the way down and you can just slide a piece of paper/your hand/your Trojan Magnums in there to stop it adhering before the insert is fully home.  After 1 or 2 goes you can swap loadouts in seconds.