The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters
1 hour ago, daltonwilliams said:

Just bought this Golden Eagle M16A1

image.png.94f19035cb09c15956f8c773869dbb13.png

The hand guard looks A1.

A ruler-on-the-screen says that the stock looks more A2 length than A1 and the butt stock looks like it's fully textured like A2, but I could be wrong on those.

Can't see if the flash hider has a hole on the bottom (A1) or no hole (A2).

The receiver is A2: the rear sight has an elevation adjuster, the forward assist is round rather than teardrop, there's a shell deflector behind the ejection post, and the slip ring is tapered rather than parallel. I can't see if there's a finger groove on the grip, but I'm guessing that there is.

[UPDATE] Oh, this one?  https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/golden-eagle-m16a1-super-enhanced-aeg

Yup, butt, stock, grip and flash hider are all A2. The only A1 thing that I can see on there is the hand guard.  "A1 style receiver. Perfect for re-enactment [and] mil-sim", the cheeky buggers.

Now, I'm sure someone will out-nerd me (front sight post profile?). ;)

image.png.2ad3c8fe987a3715f5d2a8e83df70c72.png

6 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

The hand guard looks A1.  I can't eyeball the stock length, but I bet someone can.  The butt stock looks like it's fully textured, like A2, but I could be wrong.

The receiver is A2: the rear sight has an elevation adjuster, the forward assist is round rather than teardrop, there's a shell deflector behind the ejection post, and the slip ring is tapered rather than parallel. I can't see if there's a finger groove on the grip, but I'm guessing that there is.

Now, I'm sure someone will out-nerd me. ;)

Fairly sure the a1's didn't come in red, don't know about the a2's.

11" Strike industries gridlok handguard (all black)

Ascend armoury angled m lok foregrip

Surefire 5" warden suppressor (+ flash hider)

VG6 Precision Epilson muzzle break (heat treated multi colour)

Magpul K2 AEG pistol grip (Kublai) x2

All clone stuff of course but still cost me £200 all in. Now just gotta wait for it to arrive from china. Hopefully picking up an AAF recoil AEG soon but that should be a trade hopefully.

3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

The hand guard looks A1.

A ruler-on-the-screen says that the stock looks more A2 length than A1 and the butt stock looks like it's fully textured like A2, but I could be wrong on those.

[UPDATE] Oh, this one?  https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/golden-eagle-m16a1-super-enhanced-aeg

Yup, butt, stock, grip and flash hider are all A2. The only A1 thing that I can see on there is the hand guard.  "A1 style receiver. Perfect for re-enactment [and] mil-sim", the cheeky buggers.

Now, I'm sure someone will out-nerd me (front sight post profile?). ;)

Yeah that one (not off that site though), won’t lie I’m quite impressed at your knowledge of the gun to be honest, I feel like I’ve learned a bit, so thank you 😁

• Supporters
11 hours ago, daltonwilliams said:

Yeah that one (not off that site though), won’t lie I’m quite impressed at your knowledge of the gun to be honest, I feel like I’ve learned a bit, so thank you 😁

Not really, I'm mostly cribbing from Wikipedia and here:

The hand-guard is the most obvious thing, and is A1.  I did hesitate to even point it out, but it's genuinely a poor show by PatrolBase (or anyone else) to claim that it's an A1 receiver, which it clearly isn't.

Hmm, are there any actual A1s?

The CYMA "A1" receiver is closer, but still has an A2 stock, grip, birdcage and slip ring. https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/cyma-cm-009a1-m16a1-assault-rifle

G&P looks pretty good, but at a much higher cost: https://gpairsoft-uk.com/shop/en/50019-gp-airsoft-m16a1-aeg-gp-gp290.html

They even do a recoil version of the very early pattern with no forward assist: https://www.gunmart.net/gun-reviews/airsoft-guns/bb-guns/gp-m16a1-recoil

The thing is, the BBs won't care, and neither will anyone else except stitch-counters.

Bought a pair of Lowa Zephyr Gtx mid boots, as my Altberg Defenders are a bit heavy and cumbersome for summer.  Plus some weather protection to throw up by my car. (Some events I've gone to now with COVID restictions, have u setting up in a carpark..no cover!  This solves that one..)

lowa-zephyr-mid1_b092c163-1034-45c9-885c-40b280d3ff47.jpgTENT.jpg

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Not really, I'm mostly cribbing from Wikipedia and here:

The hand-guard is the most obvious thing, and is A1.  I did hesitate to even point it out, but it's genuinely a poor show by PatrolBase (or anyone else) to claim that it's an A1 receiver, which it clearly isn't.

Hmm, are there any actual A1s?

The CYMA "A1" receiver is closer, but still has an A2 stock, grip, birdcage and slip ring. https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/cyma-cm-009a1-m16a1-assault-rifle

G&P looks pretty good, but at a much higher cost: https://gpairsoft-uk.com/shop/en/50019-gp-airsoft-m16a1-aeg-gp-gp290.html

They even do a recoil version of the very early pattern with no forward assist: https://www.gunmart.net/gun-reviews/airsoft-guns/bb-guns/gp-m16a1-recoil

The thing is, the BBs won't care, and neither will anyone else except stitch-counters.

Yeah fair point, either way in my eyes I got an M16 so I'm happy, luckily I haven't met any stitch counters at the games I've gone to yet 😄

Trying to think now though if I went to a Vietnam era film-sim would people kick off 😄

Picked up a condor chest rig with hydro back panel and bladder for a decent price. I also ordered about a dozen items from amazon to ruin it and ghillie craft it into my sneaky rig!

Also, shoe goo is f***ing £15 a tube these days?!

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Lokai said:

Stocking up on the essentials

IMG_20200721_161225.jpg

how many bbs do you get through...!!!

ive still got loads on .25s from a deal in at JD Airsoft in dec 2017!!!

11 hours ago, Pop said:

Picked up a condor chest rig with hydro back panel and bladder for a decent price. I also ordered about a dozen items from amazon to ruin it and ghillie craft it into my sneaky rig!

Also, shoe goo is f***ing £15 a tube these days?!

I have a condor chestrig & hydro back panel as well...a godsend during hot hot hot skrims.. :)

3 hours ago, djben9 said:

how many bbs do you get through...!!!

ive still got loads on .25s from a deal in at JD Airsoft in dec 2017!!!

I'm hoping these last me a similar length of time !!

Finally found some fucking sorbothane.

Don't worry, it's not going into an AEG to CoRrEcT ThE aOe IsSuEs!1!!!1one!

It's going into my sniper to damped the piston cobra slapping the cylinder head.

Bought 2x AK C-Clips, some o-rings and another Maple Leaf AEG 50° MR-Hop rubber.

20 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Where from?

So you are correcting the AOE on your BASR!? 🤪

Softairgames.it San Marino retailer.

And yes, so then I can send a mail to Luke telling him the internet man told me AOE is key.

19 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

IT WAS YOU! 

You should have said - I'd have thrown an AFUK patch in the pink jiffy! :D

I only put two and two together after you asked for the 3d printed logo. My missus loved the Jiffy bag so much she carefully took so the tape off to save it