The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

12 hours ago, L3wisD said:

Arrived today! Very impressive, 5 days from Spain!

For a €20 belt I'm thoroughly impressed. Made very well, and will more than stand up to the rigours of Airsofting (not that I move with much pace anyway! 😁)

I've got a game tomorrow, so we'll see how it gets on. Got an evening of molle threading ahead of me now!

pixlr_20200707105734855.jpg

Are the clips metal? Also do you have a link to this? ta

20 hours ago, djben9 said:

Bullet ants?, just make sure you remove any foam to aid in ventilation :) 

Yes I thought that might be a good idea!

Didn't initially want goggles but for free (bought him a kebab) I can't grumble. He reckons he might have some glasses knocking about as well that I can have. The joys of working with an ex infantryman!!

• Mostly Retired Moderators
8 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Are the clips metal? Also do you have a link to this? ta

The buckle is metal yeah, feels really good.

You'll have to set an in-stock reminder for one, but they are here:

https://www.weapon762.com/belt-and-suspenders/2050-tmc-175-inch-shuto-tactical-belt-metal-buckle-version.html?search_query=Shooter+belt&results=16#/8-size-l/9-color-black

Alternatively, they're on eBay, direct from China.

Quite a few bits of new kit....

First off is a british army helmet complete with ballistic visor and lower face shield...  all found on ebay

(No pics of my own helmet yet as helmet will be delivered tomorrow...  but here is stock pic of what it will look like)

Also ordered 2 cheap red dot sights on fleabay... nothing special, just something to give me a better sight picture when wearing my new helmet or the gasmasks i normally wear at games 

Recently changed BBs, now running Valkyrie .25s, and comparing them on game day to my previous ASG .25s, they are much better quality and consistency...  well worth giving them a try  (no im not sponsored by them, or affiliated with them in any way...   just trying to spread the word about a good product)

And finally a G&G SMC9 and 3 spare mags...  awesome little gun, definately my new favourite (ran it for the first time at RIFT comms site 3 last saturday)

Oh, and also an update on the ammo boxes i mentioned the other week....  ordering some foam liners for the big case so i can turn it into my armoury case....   and finished making the trays to sit inside the other case, to hold all my mags, bbs etc (with some assistance from my father who is better at DIY than i am...  lol)

virtus-helmet-1.jpg

20200704_205810.jpg

received_755399338533484.jpeg

20200709_004513.jpg

Edited by Spartan09
Edited out number plate in one of pics

Fuck me and when I get paid.

1x SHS V2 anti reversal latch

1x A-Tacs FG mask (gotta be tacticool even at work)

1x GATE Warfet

1x SHS V2 switch assembly

1x SHS V3 switch assembly

1x Motor plugs

1x lithium grease (2 types, specific to cylinder/piston and gears)

1x Deans plugs

1x 13x16x115mm 7.4v 1450 mAh Li-Po (now, thing has more capacity than the 7.4 I own despite being smaller, the fuq??)

1x Bag of Specna Edge 0.28s

10 hours ago, Spartan09 said:

Quite a few bits of new kit....

First off is a british army helmet complete with ballistic visor and lower face shield...  all found on ebay

(No pics of my own helmet yet as helmet will be delivered tomorrow...  but here is stock pic of what it will look like)

Please don't buy stuff off ebay like this - AFAIK Mk7 helmets haven't been released for public sale yet and even if they have certainly shouldn't be on eBay.  They remain the property of the MOD and shouldn't be sold by private individuals - its theft.  If you need to buy ex-military gear please go via a shop that will have got it via the correct disposal methods.

23 hours ago, Skara said:

Fuck me and when I get paid.

1x SHS V2 anti reversal latch

1x A-Tacs FG mask (gotta be tacticool even at work)

1x GATE Warfet

1x SHS V2 switch assembly

1x SHS V3 switch assembly

1x Motor plugs

1x lithium grease (2 types, specific to cylinder/piston and gears)

1x Deans plugs

1x 13x16x115mm 7.4v 1450 mAh Li-Po (now, thing has more capacity than the 7.4 I own despite being smaller, the fuq??)

1x Bag of Specna Edge 0.28s

UQVMdu2.jpg

With the help of a couple of forum members, the sale of my G17 & ancillaries , funded this for me.....

Asia Electric P320   (gbb not aeg- stupid name!)

Orpaz thumb retention holster

IMI Defense pistol clip holster & molle attachment

Well chuffed, can’t wait to play 👍

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

On 09/07/2020 at 11:37, EvilMonkee said:

Please don't buy stuff off ebay like this - AFAIK Mk7 helmets haven't been released for public sale yet and even if they have certainly shouldn't be on eBay.  They remain the property of the MOD and shouldn't be sold by private individuals - its theft.  If you need to buy ex-military gear please go via a shop that will have got it via the correct disposal methods.

What's worse is it isn't a Mk7, it's a Virtus helmet and absolutely definitely shouldn't have been getting flogged on eBay. Even worse for buying it frankly...

Just arrived yesterday! 
Specna Arms SA-G11 G36 KeyMod EBB Carbine
bought off another forum member, replacing the Tamiya connection to a new one tomorrow and fitting a red dot sight to the top and a torch to the bottom front to make it look even better! Can’t wait to test it GSG9 style on the 2nd! 😁

EEEAB02C-9E5A-4FA7-B560-EB57F3D155A5.jpeg

My alpenflage hat cam in yesterday.
I have an alpenflage shirt and backpack (original, so will attach to the jacket) coming in hopefully soon.
Alpenflage trousers and jacket came in 2 weeks ago.

I'm ready foor the fall! Might need to look into an SG 550 RIF to complete the look.

About time I jumped on the bandwagon. Order placed for some Heroshark Speartooths in Hexmesh. 

Herosharks kit is great, have a pair of  his viper goggles that I use for range shooting. 

Ordered a gate warfet. Sick of getting E07 codes on the Titan. My gearbox grease application style doesn't agree with them.  

14 minutes ago, DerDer said:

Herosharks kit is great, have a pair of  his viper goggles that I use for range shooting. 

Well I am getting a bit more serious into sniping with the impending arrival of a new SRS Covert 16", a PSO-1 scope for the SVU and new Vector Optic 3x39. I just cant afford to get fogged up or will ruin a round. 

16 minutes ago, DerDer said:

Ordered a gate warfet. Sick of getting E07 codes on the Titan. My gearbox grease application style doesn't agree with them.  

I am similar with grease "chuck it on and leave it"

On 10/07/2020 at 17:29, Liam1992 said:

What's worse is it isn't a Mk7, it's a Virtus helmet and absolutely definitely shouldn't have been getting flogged on eBay. Even worse for buying it frankly...

Being mere RAF and never likely to see Virtus I wasn't sure of the difference so thanks for the confirmation

23 hours ago, osteoshot said:

A GHK gbb Ak

i may be a gbb convert!

Shout me if you want any pointers - main of which - is leave it alone till something breaks and DO NOT FILE YOUR MAG LIPS

• Supporters

2x short KWA Vector mags... for 110 quid. Quite the steal.

Oh no a Tm mp7 gbb crept into the house when I wasn't looking. 

I may even prefer it to the GHK AK (I am fickle and prone to falling in out of love with whichever RIF I use depending on how the day/game goes so I'll take both with me in 10 days time and we will see which one comes out on top)

i may have to sell the loser as this hobby has crippled my toy fund this month!!

I know I shouldn't like the mp7 over the AK but as the AK is a mutant rather than traditional (I prefer the modern FSB type kit) I could be swayed. The AK is so dammed fun to shoot though. I am a sucker for TM, argh I should have stuck to HPA and not opened the Pandora's box that is gbb rifles.

note to self, stop looking at the classifieds