The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Moderators
9 hours ago, L3wisD said:

Remember a while ago on here I mentioned being PM'd by a Chinese manufacturer.

Well, turns out they wanted to send me (and presumably anyone else who responded to him) a free plate carrier.

Took him up on it, thinking "yeah right, that'll never turn up"

Bugger me though, it arrived today! 😂

Lesson to be learned: Always take up the offers for freebies 😂

nope, i never got that contact, must have just been you, maybe he thought he could get more from you and this is just a decoy!! :lol:

well done though :D

2 x 1600mah Brick type LIFE battery for my LMGs. 

2 x Lonex Flash mags. 

• Supporters
13 hours ago, L3wisD said:

Remember a while ago on here I mentioned being PM'd by a Chinese manufacturer.

Well, turns out they wanted to send me (and presumably anyone else who responded to him) a free plate carrier.

Took him up on it, thinking "yeah right, that'll never turn up"

Bugger me though, it arrived today! 😂

Qhx5brg.jpg

It's a Big Foot branded carrier. GTPC is the model.

It's not half bad actually. Needs a set of phony plates to stiffen it up, but the quality isn't bad at all.

The cummerbund has 3 elastic mag pouches on each side so you can carry lots.

And the quick release mechanism on the sides is easy to use and quick to take on and off.

Lesson to be learned: Always take up the offers for freebies 😂

Let's get this right, first you won a usp, then you got a free pc in the post, I think someone needs to invest in a pile of lottery tickets while your on a roll lol 🤞

IMG_5107.JPG

20 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Let's get this right, first you won a usp, then you got a free pc in the post, I think someone needs to invest in a pile of lottery tickets while your on a roll lol 🤞

IMG_5107.JPG

That or we're his alibi if the missus asks 😂 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Chuffed with this one - and it's something I've actually paid for this time!

Weapon 762 got a very limited amount of TMC Shuto belts in stock today. And I nabbed one before they sold out again - been watching these for a while and they never stay in stock.

6tZ0frP.jpg

JUST as I was about to spend £70 on an FRV belt too.

32 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

you should have done that honestly ;)

Well, €20 for something I'm not sure I'll like yet, vs a proper £70 investment.

If I like it and it falls to pieces I'll plump for the FRV.

17 hours ago, L3wisD said:

Chuffed with this one - and it's something I've actually paid for this time!

Weapon 762 got a very limited amount of TMC Shuto belts in stock today. And I nabbed one before they sold out again - been watching these for a while and they never stay in stock.

6tZ0frP.jpg

I thought that was an astonishing price for a belt with an Austrialpin buckle (pretty much the cost of a buckle, in fact), looking at the photos though, it seems they are, let’s say very close tributes to the original. I’d be really interested to get one just to see how it stands up against a real one in a bit of back yard testing. 

20 minutes ago, Ropeyshep said:

I’d be really interested to get one just to see how it stands up against a real one in a bit of back yard testing

I'll be sure to let you know. It should be here in a few days.

I'm not expecting it to be an FRV/Ronin beater for that money, but I'm mildly optimistic about it being fine for Airsofting a few times a month anyway.

15 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

I'll be sure to let you know. It should be here in a few days.

I'm not expecting it to be an FRV/Ronin beater for that money, but I'm mildly optimistic about it being fine for Airsofting a few times a month anyway.

Looking through the site, it’s apparent that TMC also use gen Austrialpin buckles with prices to match so I really would appreciate your thoughts when it arrives (I’ve put myself down for a restock notification too). 

As you say, you aren’t going to be parachuting off it or leaning out a chopper door and I’m willing to bet it’s at least as strong as a Webtex side release buckle as seen on a million 90s PLCE belt kits. 

Got a bunch of stuff from Invader Gear on the way: a Reaper QRB plate carrier, cargo pack, 3 single 5.56mm mag pouches, and an admin pouch, all in Ranger Green.

Also ordered a 2L Hydrapak Force bladder - the weather's in the high 20s/low 30s now and the 700ml water bottle I'd been carrying wasn't going to be enough.

Just recently, a TM HK45 Tactical, Esstac double mag pouches, TM pistol speedloader (boy, is the difference noticeable to cheap Lonex ones), WAS universal holster. I got a crazy jet barrel and two hop rubbers to see if there is a significant difference from the already excellent TM setup. 

Also, a small pile of bits from Tacticaltrim.de to see about making some elastic mag pouches - shit brown bank robber rig, anyone?

Just got these from a lad at work!

IMG_20200706_221327__01.jpg

Had a bit of a mad splurge.

A marushin remington derringer;

marushin COP 357 derringer, short;

Marushin XOP 357 derringer, long;

Marushin Anschutz target rifle;

Tokyo marui uzi;

JAC AR18;

Tanaka SAA;

KHC maverick m88;

• Moderators
9 hours ago, leadly said:

Just got these from a lad at work!

IMG_20200706_221327__01.jpg

Bullet ants?, just make sure you remove any foam to aid in ventilation :) 

On 03/07/2020 at 09:53, Ropeyshep said:

Looking through the site, it’s apparent that TMC also use gen Austrialpin buckles with prices to match so I really would appreciate your thoughts when it arrives (I’ve put myself down for a restock notification too). 

As you say, you aren’t going to be parachuting off it or leaning out a chopper door and I’m willing to bet it’s at least as strong as a Webtex side release buckle as seen on a million 90s PLCE belt kits. 

Arrived today! Very impressive, 5 days from Spain!

For a €20 belt I'm thoroughly impressed. Made very well, and will more than stand up to the rigours of Airsofting (not that I move with much pace anyway! 😁)

I've got a game tomorrow, so we'll see how it gets on. Got an evening of molle threading ahead of me now!

pixlr_20200707105734855.jpg

A few shells and a laylax sling swivel, ready for when the ksg arrives. 

IMG_20200707_164824.jpg