The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

8 hours ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

Would be grateful if you could let me know how you find the reticle - mine is pretty starbursty. I may be a bit astigmatic but ive used a fair few red dot sights in my time which have been / are crystal clear. Thanks

Thats my concern as well. 

Have bought it from Optics Warehouse, so if I do find it bad, i can return it and upgrade to a prism red dot.  Thats the plan anyway. 

Just ordered a shooters belt in multicam and sa80 sling in multicam from frv tailoring. Now to wait for it arrive and inevitably sort out my belt set up again! 

hoping all the positive reviews are right and it’s really good kit 

No more wallet left and spent some lint in the bottom of my pocket. 

H shape Hop up spacer. 

Airsoft Pro CNC aluminium BB Loading Latch for my Well M09

G36 Selector Gear set

6x 55rd Cyma VSR10 Mags

Side Ris Mount for AG36 Grenade Launcher. 

Little treat for the glock and some super handy 3d printed mag things. 

IMG_20200629_180308.jpg

IMG_20200630_151849.jpg

• Moderators
On 29/06/2020 at 17:53, Noddy45 said:

Xcortech Chrono and a Olight Valkyrie PL-2

886FD28D-B1E5-4BC8-AC06-5735F0368D9A.jpeg

let me know how you get on with the olight, looking at a light for my glock....which then means a new holster!! haha

On 29/06/2020 at 14:49, Asomodai said:

No more wallet left and spent some lint in the bottom of my pocket. 

H shape Hop up spacer. 

Airsoft Pro CNC aluminium BB Loading Latch for my Well M09

G36 Selector Gear set

6x 55rd Cyma VSR10 Mags

Side Ris Mount for AG36 Grenade Launcher. 

I changed the mags out for the new Airsoft PRO M249 hop. They have made a new version which no longer uses the nub vertically, they have an adapter which uses standard nubs in the standard way! 

The mags I did order are pretty bad going by reviews. Poor feeding because of the strength of the spring and the dimensions are too big for most VSRS. So glad I could change over!

9 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

84639962_3230719016992698_47407337662769

Services vs a product.  Had a guy I trust sort out some crappy machine work/cerakote/aftermarket parts to get this horrible beast nearly over the finish line.

My god that's hideous

• Supporters
2 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

Services vs a product.  Had a guy I trust sort out some crappy machine work/cerakote/aftermarket parts to get this horrible beast nearly over the finish line.

what the hell is going on with that grip!?

edit: also why prioritise an ambi bolt catch over an ambi mag catch?

40 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

84639962_3230719016992698_47407337662769

Reminds me of a captive bolt humane gun, guess it would be a way of dealing with cheaters.

Whilst waiting on my stuff from FRV tailoring. I bought some Invader Gear Predator Trousers in m81 woodland to go with the new ubacs. Also topped up the bb's with another bag of ASG cursed .28's just incase i actually get to play anytime soon. Also picked up another osprey pistol mag pouch and some weird sort of multicamish snood to tick the 'face covering' box most sites seem to have for reopening.

So over lockdown thats new ubacs and trousersand snood,  backpack, pistol mag pouch, frv belt and sa80 sling and internal rebuild of my cxp ape along with rail covers for it. Could have probably bought a new gun for that lot of money if my ukara had been vailid lol.

On 27/06/2020 at 11:43, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

Would be grateful if you could let me know how you find the reticle - mine is pretty starbursty. I may be a bit astigmatic but ive used a fair few red dot sights in my time which have been / are crystal clear. Thanks

Got it today. I find it a little blurry due to my astigmatism but its more than useable and is not tbe fault of the sight.  The dot on the sight is perfect though.  Easiest way to check its 100 percent your own vision is to take a photo through the lens. The camera will show the true nature of the red dot. 

7 hours ago, djben9 said:

let me know how you get on with the olight, looking at a light for my glock....which then means a new holster!! haha

It was recommended to my by another member here - very functional,  excellent torch and extremely bright.

I would recommend however my son on his first use thought the arm that attaches to your gun/aeg was what turned in on and it fell unto the ground - surprised how much it marked up - powder coating is thin🙈🙈

Just got a box full of upgrades from Eagle6 including a titan advance. I've decided to send both my 417 and 416 to Sam at Kingdom of Airsoft now for an install and a recoil service even though I have the tools to do the stuff myself. I figured I may as well for once in all my 10 yrs of airsoft ask a professional tech to do some work on my RIF's. And we all know the quality of KoA. Oh and bugger if I'm gonna get a soldering iron out and start soldering mosfet wires... I'd probably melt something... lol

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

what the hell is going on with that grip!?

edit: also why prioritise an ambi bolt catch over an ambi mag catch?

It's not 'ambi' per se you can just actuate the bolt catch and release much faster with your trigger finger, look up the BAD lever.  I don't know about you but I'm never in a situation where I absolutely need to do a mag change on my support side in a bb battle, that and my gear isn't optimised for that anyway, but I enjoy fast reloads just for the audible and tactile aspects of doing so.  I'd like to change a lot of other small parts like the mag catch, receiver pins, forward assist etc for aftermarket but the aftermarket for this platform is minuscule.

5 hours ago, osteoshot said:

Reminds me of a captive bolt humane gun, guess it would be a way of dealing with cheaters.

I feel like I didn't clearly enough explain it's very much not finished, haha.