The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

@Skara - Your username is the same as (or close, could be slightly out on the spelling) of one of the characters Stargate/Stargate SG-1. It's the name of the kid which essentially attaches himself to O'Neill and who O'Neill takes under his wing in many ways. Like I said, very geeky 😛

16 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

@Skara - Your username is the same as (or close, could be slightly out on the spelling) of one of the characters Stargate/Stargate SG-1. It's the name of the kid which essentially attaches himself to O'Neill and who O'Neill takes under his wing in many ways. Like I said, very geeky 😛

Too geeky - its also a name and place name, particularly with Scottish and Scandinavian backgrounds.

BCM Mlok rail covers from Brownells 

Final finishing touch to my MWS GBBR...now I just need the local sites to reopen 😄20200622_200425.thumb.jpg.748dd9acd4ce7a5c8161dc28ee3d45a1.jpg

7 hours ago, Tommikka said:

Too geeky - its also a name and place name, particularly with Scottish and Scandinavian backgrounds.

Learn something new every day.

To be fair I did admit it was very geeky.

@SSPKali - Looks like very slick rail set up, what's the grip like on the BCM covers?

8 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Learn something new every day.

To be fair I did admit it was very geeky.

@SSPKali - Looks like very slick rail set up, what's the grip like on the BCM covers?

They are very grippy, more so than the usual textured pistol grips but less than skateboard grip tape.

Should be non-slip without trashing my gloves in one game.

8 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

i thought the same when i first saw their username,  but figured it had already been said, so i stayed quiet....

and on subject of Stargate...   i have a P90, and back in January i bought a single point harness similar to the ones the SG teams use...   eventually i want to build up a couple of Stargate loadouts (SG1 and Atlantis teams)

3 hours ago, SSPKali said:

BCM Mlok rail covers from Brownells 

Final finishing touch to my MWS GBBR...now I just need the local sites to reopen 😄20200622_200425.thumb.jpg.748dd9acd4ce7a5c8161dc28ee3d45a1.jpg

How are you finding the light mounted there, do you get much flare or visual interference on your optic? 

7 hours ago, Ropeyshep said:

How are you finding the light mounted there, do you get much flare or visual interference on your optic? 

No flare and low enough to be below the optic. Only issue is backsplash from the 1200lm!

There is a lens holder on it and I have red, blue and green filters to cut down the glare (and protect the lens of the light!) 

I just need some dark CQB games to see which works best for dazzling the target and IDing them quickly

Well..   my wallet has taken yet another beating...

Bought myself an Osprey MTP plate carrier that also came with a couple of pouches, a missile flight case to carry my barrett and other large items, a "commando" jumper and a large ammo can.

Plan is to make foam cutout liners and then use the flight case to carry my barrett, as well as possibly other guns i currently have/ are planning on buying in the future... as well as fit some wheels to make it easier to maneuver  (its a heavy bastard even without anything in it)

I will also be repainting the ammo can and then making some dividers/trays so that i can amalgamate all my mags/grenades/bbs/gas etc into one container, instead of sorting through 3 or 4 .50 cal ammo cans every game day to find what i need for a particular loadout.

Everything was bought from The Battle Barge based in Leighton Buzzard. 

20200623_105110.jpg

20200623_105133.jpg

20200623_105448.jpg

20200623_105122.jpg

Oh, and i also bought an EMG john wick hi cappa and a couple of Vorsk mags plus a hard shell holster and MOLLE adapter from onlyairsoft in stevenage...  

20200618_165918.jpg

20200618_165936.jpg

I have joined the ranks of the HPA (though I'll be running it on CO2 as the Wraith adapter fits in the stock).

Wasn't too complex to install either. Now the bolt pull is effortless and I love it.

IMG_20200623_110712476.jpg

IMG_20200623_110454864.jpg

Bullseye country sport continue to amaze, I ordered this at midnight on Monday! Also, on a side note, I had to bring my own mug to work

859E4A8F-50FC-47FD-AF93-598DB8874CFC.jpeg

Nothing too exciting... Just 2 crane stock batteries from the Component shop for my TM delta stock and a big big huge bag of heat shrink... 

I've never been so excited about heat shrink.... 😂

5 minutes ago, osteoshot said:

A Tm hi capa 4.3 dual stainless as a base for an open class pistol, just need the funds then I can give mike Cripps an expensive phone call

Open class?

Been saving a while for this bundle - back to work now so I could buy it all for €250 - that’s what I told the misses anyhow.

- Scorpion evo combo deal with extra battery and charger.

- Upgraded 120 spring and steel bearing guide 

- Xcortech compact tracer and silencer adapter

- Scorpion evo field hard case - I am a sucker for cases - it came with a canvas one but wanted this one

- Vortex Crossfire Red Dot

- TM micro pro sight for my FNX 45 and an Olight on the way to finish that off

6A98C92D-4575-4881-964D-319D77690744.jpeg

1FB5BE3C-6539-456F-B2FA-7B66B7932921.jpeg

46 minutes ago, Noddy45 said:

Been saving a while for this bundle - back to work now so I could buy it all for €250 - that’s what I told the misses anyhow.

- Scorpion evo combo deal with extra battery and charger.

- Upgraded 120 spring and steel bearing guide 

- Xcortech compact tracer and silencer adapter

- Scorpion evo field hard case - I am a sucker for cases - it came with a canvas one but wanted this one

- Vortex Crossfire Red Dot

- TM micro pro sight for my FNX 45 and an Olight on the way to finish that off

6A98C92D-4575-4881-964D-319D77690744.jpeg

1FB5BE3C-6539-456F-B2FA-7B66B7932921.jpeg

Bargain that at £250... Can I have one too? lol

New upper gearbox for the ics cxp ape. 
areived yesterday. Guessing my ape was one of the earlier models as the gearbox didn’t have the quick change spring system that’s used on them now. 
unfortunately The new upper case with an m120 spring. So I decided to swap the springs over.
apparently reassembling the old gearbox proved that I know many interesting combinations of swear word.  

1 hour ago, ghostwalker said:

New upper gearbox for the ics cxp ape. 
areived yesterday. Guessing my ape was one of the earlier models as the gearbox didn’t have the quick change spring system that’s used on them now. 
unfortunately The new upper case with an m120 spring. So I decided to swap the springs over.
apparently reassembling the old gearbox proved that I know many interesting combinations of swear word.  

You wouldn't happen to be selling the spare upper gearbox would you? I have a project that needs one

And painted the ammo cans....

Tried to preserve as many of the original markings and stickers on the missile case, so a little of the original paint still shows, but its good enough for what i need.

And i have left the inside of the ammo can its original brown colour as i will be making a wooden insert to organise my gear, so it will be covered over.

And eventually the missile case will be fittef with foam liners to hold my various rifles.... current and future

20200625_130355.jpg

20200625_130348.jpg

20200625_130002.jpg

20200625_130024.jpg

20200625_130032.jpg