The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

6 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Also purchased SBK M150 Spring, SRS Fast Hop, 3 additional SRS OD Steel mags. I am going to try and keep this setup for a while before I start going wild with upgrades. Just want it to lift .48s reliably and straight. Grabbed a Mosfet for my M249 and another Nuprol 1450Mah 7.4v Stick battery as my 3 year old ones are end of life. 

I am so bloody poor, its not even funny. But at least I will "hopefully" have this by the end of July. 

A proud addition to my bullpup armoury! 

Out of curiosity,  which Mosfet did you go for? Interested in what works well with support guns. 

7 hours ago, Asomodai said:

This was a real tough one for me.

Pre Ordered SRS Silverback 16" Covert A2 in OD, Right handed model from Fire-Support.

A proud addition to my bullpup armoury! 

Very nice, the best bullpup BASR for sure. When you end up spending more on upgrades look at Sniper Mechanic (he’s a member on here but can’t remember his @) and EDGI, Mr. @MikeMarden had a very nice EDGI rifle which shot rather well and I know he’s just bought another SRS. 

17 minutes ago, DopeYourScope said:

Very nice, the best bullpup BASR for sure. When you end up spending more on upgrades look at Sniper Mechanic (he’s a member on here but can’t remember his @) and EDGI, Mr. @MikeMarden had a very nice EDGI rifle which shot rather well and I know he’s just bought another SRS. 

Thanks buddy - New SRS is on its way to Jason @ Longbow as we speak, will have some more EdGi goodness being added. Now this is only my opinion, but I opted for Longbow over Skirmshop based on initial contact & service offered, so very glad I did, Jason Fergie has been a great support throughout SRS ownership & beyond, was the first person I reached out to upon buying another SRS yesterday

2 hours ago, DerDer said:

Out of curiosity,  which Mosfet did you go for? Interested in what works well with support guns. 

I only buy very basic mosfets. Not interested in anything advance. Especially for support guns, no reason to pre-cock on something that's a full auto weapon anyway. Just introduces more stress into gearbox. As long as it protects the trigger contacts I am golden (The A&K's are microswitches which ark more then standard AEG Switches)

Usually I buy Perun basics, this time I got a Gate PicoSSR. I also dont bother with active braking! 

1 hour ago, DopeYourScope said:

I do like the look the Mouse Fart pistons for a future upgrade. My current BASR is a Well MB09 which has been upgraded fully, but its loud as heck so something silent would be nice. 

Went with a M150 Spring which will probably bring me 20-30 FPS under 500, which is fine if I replace the barrel with a tightbore. 

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

I only buy very basic mosfets. Not interested in anything advance. Especially for support guns, no reason to pre-cock on something that's a full auto weapon anyway. Just introduces more stress into gearbox. As long as it protects the trigger contacts I am golden (The A&K's are microswitches which ark more then standard AEG Switches)

Usually I buy Perun basics, this time I got a Gate PicoSSR. I also dont bother with active braking! 

I do like the look the Mouse Fart pistons for a future upgrade. My current BASR is a Well MB09 which has been upgraded fully, but its loud as heck so something silent would be nice. 

Went with a M150 Spring which will probably bring me 20-30 FPS under 500, which is fine if I replace the barrel with a tightbore. 

As long as you’re below 2.3J on your .48s should be perfect. 
not having looked into SRS upgrades personally I use a Sniper Mechanics WASP piston in my VSR with the medium weight and full airbrake it’s very quiet however the joule creep is quite high so the .2 velocity seems low but it’s on the limit with a .43

2 hours ago, MikeMarden said:

Thanks buddy - New SRS is on its way to Jason @ Longbow as we speak, will have some more EdGi goodness being added. Now this is only my opinion, but I opted for Longbow over Skirmshop based on initial contact & service offered, so very glad I did, Jason Fergie has been a great support throughout SRS ownership & beyond, was the first person I reached out to upon buying another SRS yesterday

Dan/sniper mechanic/skirmshop UK I’ve found can be a bit slow with contact but in person one of the nicest guys and always up for a chat and it’s fun playing sniper pairs against him.

another new gun Mike, I still haven’t seen the Mk.48 in person 😃

Not content with emptying my wallet this month, I have now sold the wallet itself. 

ZCI Neo Balanced 16TPA motor for my M249. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I heard Viper Tactical equipment is much better than it used to be..

So I decided to find out.

W5BEufD.jpg

Had my eye on their old VX buckle up Carrier before it got discontinued.

Really like the Gen 2 on first impressions.

I've added the panel from the chest rig to the carrier instead.

xDfAIkk.jpg

Looking forward to trying on the trousers when I get home and comparing them to Emersons. Certainly feel good.

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

W5BEufD.jpg

xDfAIkk.jpg

Looking forward to trying on the trousers when I get home and comparing them to Emersons. Certainly feel good.

Good buy mate, their pouches/vests etc are very good, highly underrated, can't comment on the clothing & footwear though.

i think generally there's a lot snobbery when people mention viper kit, I accept that's in part down to some of their very early offerings were hit & miss, but truth is for airsoft, pulling it on every couple of weeks it'd probably last years.

24 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Good buy mate, their pouches/vests etc are very good, highly underrated, can't comment on the clothing & footwear though.

i think generally there's a lot snobbery when people mention viper kit, I accept that's in part down to some of their very early offerings were hit & miss, but truth is for airsoft, pulling it on every couple of weeks it'd probably last years.

I like that a lot.

I'm in the market for a very slim plate carrier with room for 3 5.56 at the front and this may be it.

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

let me know how you get on with the clothing, always looking at other brands but cant be removed from Helkon that easily!!:D

also looking for a new pair of boots, had mine since July 2015, few days before my first game!....and still in use....thats how much i get to play!

On 17/06/2020 at 15:32, Albiscuit said:

You will move it around at least once more before your happy :D  

Most likely. Though it went in so many places i dont think there is anywhere else on the belt to try. Cant fit it onto my warrior cpc either as it doesnt have molly.

Now i just need to figure out why some of the bb's keep getting stuck in the mk23 supressor. Then i can swap everything again to fit the dtd holster instead of warrior universal one.

Oh on a side not and more on topic. Ordered a 'invader gear' woodland ubacs from Bullseye Country Sports on Wednesday at about half one. Got home yesterday at 2pm and it had already arrived! Fast

Hoping the Invader gear stuff proves to be half way decent.

5 minutes ago, ghostwalker said:

Oh on a side not and more on topic. Ordered a 'invader gear' woodland ubacs from Bullseye Country Sports on Wednesday at about half one. Got home yesterday at 2pm and it had already arrived! Fast

Hoping the Invader gear stuff proves to be half way decent.

I've been using my M81 set from Invader Gear for 3 years and it's still in great shape! You get way more value for money than say Emerson/insert-clone-here

• Supporters

Bought myself a Cyma M14 Socom for my birthday and now the last of the dress up parts has arrived!

Tac Pro M14 cheek rest

20200619_115415.thumb.jpg.ebd3a9ed5d189e56d2a6d981b23e7cd2.jpg

20200619_122231.thumb.jpg.9cd16d3148c7e23df0aad25efbfd078e.jpg

CYMA M14 RAS (AIM-O EoTech for now)

20200619_122300.thumb.jpg.f1c0515aba03317806804572981d2b43.jpg

Might get an ACOG to slap on for shits and giggles...

8 minutes ago, Skara said:

I've been using my M81 set from Invader Gear for 3 years and it's still in great shape! You get way more value for money than say Emerson/insert-clone-here

Cheers skara. I was looking at getting the m81 predator pants pants they do.

WE M4 CQBR which is going to be the base for a gas L119 A1 build to go with my A1 and A2 AEG's  . I've got a couple of other WE GBBR's so am familiar with the good and not so good bits and the mags are compatible with the ones I have for the L85 that I got as a completely unknown quantity from an airsoft jumble and rebuilt.

23 hours ago, ghostwalker said:

Cheers skara. I was looking at getting the m81 predator pants pants they do.

Yeah for a replica they're actually good.

I tend not to use them in warmer weather though as they turn into an oven.

I may snag a pair in RG (or check their Revenge pants, which should be lighter and cooler) to complete my tournament loadout along with a FG ubacs.

Some ML goodies :D

SX6mckL.jpg

L6S8hAy.jpg

2x ML MR-Hop AEG rubbers, 50°

2x ML MR-Hop VSR rubbers, 50°

3x ML Omega nub

1x ML I-Key

1x Cheap speedloader (for the AK)

1x 5.45 Flash Mag clone (Damn you Lonex, why don't you make proper AK74 mags???)

1x Action Army 6.03x300mm steel inner barrel

Not pictured are a 500ml can of Nimrod Green Gas and a bag of Specna Arms EDGE (BLS OEM'd) 0.28s

Should keep me buys for at least 2 hours :D

@Skara - What's the general opinion on the AA barrels? Side note (and a very geeky one) shouldn't you just be running an M4 with desert fatigues and ops vest? ;)

10 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

@Skara - What's the general opinion on the AA barrels?

Most people say they're decent, especially for the price (A steel barrel for €25? dirt cheap, when you consider you can pay up to double that for an alu/brass one)

Will install it tonight and give it a quick test to see how it fares against the stock 6.03x300 brass barrel of the AS02.

10 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Side note (and a very geeky one) shouldn't you just be running an M4 with desert fatigues and ops vest? ;)

ehm.... what?