The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

7 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Oh what a twat, yes i get you know, that must be sick-stick aka minority report, not sure why youd need an optic on that but yeh!

At least you didnt get called in to the local constabulary under caution! like someone 🙄

My dad got the same treatment when he imported a couple of AEG receivers, outer barrels and gearboxes

It was quite exciting although a massive waste of time for all involved.

It was only over an optic which should not have been a problem anyway

• Supporters

Oh my, where to begin. After selling almost a grand in BFGs and Marui guns (I forgot how in-demand those are stateside), and receiving my first paycheck since early March I went on a bit of a shopping spree. I guess I’ll list everything since then. 

So to begin, guns. In late March (before I knew work was about to go away for awhile) I got a good deal on a VFC G28 LE, and an even better deal on a G28 with a cracked lower. I may try to repair the lower st some point, but it’s never going to be pretty. Instead, I had the idea to try to create a 417a2. So I have a G28 LE all decked out as a DMR, and a second upper set up as an a2 in a “Battle Rifle” configuration. I had to buy a short 417D rail and barrel, and I am in talks to get the rail cerakoted in RAL to finish the look. That’ll still take at least another month so I’m holding off on accessories until then, but I’ll likely end up with either a good ELCAN replica or Eotech XPS/G33 combo in tan/bronze. I’ll likely add a M600 light variant and a Magpul AFG, all also in bronze/FDE. 

Next, I’ve been sitting here bored with not much spending money and a lot of time. Begin the painting projects. FreedomStencils had Partizan stencils in stock, and Amazon had plenty of spray paints, so I ordered what I needed and rattle-canned a half decent Fall Partizan camo on my spare Maska-1 for my Tanchanka loadout. I thought, huh that was fun, let’s do another. So a second order of stencils was placed, this time in Flecktarn. Now I made things difficult on myself with both these - there are tons of tutorials on how to stencil both Partizan and Flecktarn, but very little to nothing on their tan variants; Fall Partizan and Tropentarn. My and my mates have been slowly converting to Tropentarn from the Krypteks, but helmet covers are non existent. So I figured I’d paint my helmet in Tropentarn and get a tan cover. Best of both worlds. Figuring out the color scheme and order was difficult for both, though Tropentarn has only three colors so that was fine. Spray paint helmet #2 was done, and turned out loads better than helmet #1. Pictures of both have been posted in Loadout Pics. 

So back to no job and a lot of free time. Well, stencils are fun, let’s do a third project. If I’m running Tropentarn then why shouldn’t I run Flecktarn as well as my green side. First, I don’t really have a good green PC. My Protech Titan Assault vest is amazing, but it’s tan. I got a good deal on a Flecktarn PC CRYE cut. While the smaller JPC style isn’t my thing, I can work with it. Next comes the helmet. Flecktarn covers do exist for FASTs, but my big head and Chinese FAST replicas don’t agree with each other, so I have since moved to the vastly superior MTEK Flux line of helmets. I was lucky to snag a pre-production model last January and it’s been my only helmet since - it’s so nice. But that helmet is now Tropentarn, so I can’t do that in Flecktarn... Well, luckily the Flux line only just released a few months ago, so time to order a green Flux. I threw some other things in with the order including some HPA grip lines. Luckily I ordered a 6-sheet set of Flecktarn stencils but only used two for my Tropentarn helmet, so I had exactly enough to attempt a Flecktarn paintjob as well. After some paint ordering fiascos (I now have 6 shades of green, 3 grey, two tan, and three brown) I finally decided on a color combination I agreed with. Begin painting. It turned out well - better than the Fall Partizan despite being one color more, but not as good as the Tropentarn. I’m not entirely happy with it - the mix of black, rust, and grey in Flecktarn combined with the black Velcro, NVG amount, and rails makes it a bit difficult to tell the helmet is a green camo. This brings me to my next and most recent purchase (I’m doing these in order of project, not necessarily order date). I’ve always ran comms at MilSims, and through work i have access to a good set of TCI Liberator II ear pro, with a mic. However the band is difficult to use inside a helmet so I need a helmet mount. The Flux uses Mlok rails instead of the Crye style, so i needed MARK attachments. I have some for my tan helmet, but I was placing an order with TNVC anyway so I ordered some in black for my green helmet. I also learned why I’ve never gotten my Libs to work on my helmet - they need an adapter called a SERA adapter to work. So add those to the cart. They’re sold out most places though TNVC had them in a tan four pack. Oh well, I might paint two of them black to match my other helmet. Now as some of you know i run NODs. Usually that’s a gen 3 PVS-7, though i do also have a single PVS-14 and a FLIR thermal monocle I can use. All these make helmets front heavy, so i meed counterweights. The FLIR and PVS-14 I can get away with only using one counterweight, but the PVS-7s are bigger and bulkier and require two. My tan helmet has a CRYE counterweight system and an EOD counterweight. If it’s broke don’t fix it, so add one of each of those in OD to the cart and place the order. Those will be here soon and then I have a decision to make. If the OD pouches + the Flecktarn are enough to ID the helmet with my Flecktarn kit as green then the helmet is done. If not, then I will paint the side rails and NVG mount OD as well. I’d rather not as I have a black FLUX cover for indoor use with my Kryptek Typhon loadout, and is like that to stay all black. We will see when that all arrives. 

Next is my minigun. No, not microgun. I do have a M134 minigun I use for Juggernaut games, and I may mount it on a technical some guys I run with use. However it’s hop rubber system is decayed and needs replaced. After failing to get Classic Army to help me I did some work myself and ordered 1.5mm rubber rods from McMasterCarr. Only cost $.58 a foot, so that was easy. Hopefully that will fix my minigun problem and get the massive thing off my work table. 

Onto to my MPX. Yes, MPX. I have one, it’s a ground up build. I’ve been after a MCX AEG grip for months to finish the build, and I finally found one off HopUp. Check that project off the list once it arrives. 

Since we are moving to German kits I need German patches right? So I ordered some. Some subdued German flags, some custom US/German flag hybrids in tan and Tropentarn, some miscellaneous patches, you know how it goes. Next came an order I placed back in March; a LeoKochler Combat Shirt in Tropentarn. I found one in stock in Germany, but only one. So sad. That finally arrived and is so much better than the thick BDUs I have. My custom Crye-cut Combat Pants also arrived. Took months, but they look and fell exactly like a Crye so I’m happy. Add a Tropentarn neck tube thing and I’m about done. 

Then I picked up a nice NVG recorder. I’ve always wanted to film some night shoots, so that’ll be fun.  

Next I got a great deal out of nowhere yesterday - a guy was selling a Krytac LMG complete upper, two box mags, and a complete upgraded barrel setup for about 150 quid. Couldn’t pass that up. Even if I end up reselling it later on, it was too cheap to pass up. 

Final thing, I swear. Since I had some spending money after selling all those BFGs I finally got a gun I’ve been after for years. A Bingo MP7. I have big plans for this thought i wont reveal them yet. So I bought the gun, 6 long mags, two short mags, another random long mag, tan rail covers and a Magpul RVG, an Acetech AT2000 for inside the Angry Gun suppressor (came hollow), an Odin MP7 adapter, and a tan HOA line and that project is on hold for now. It’ll be a real beaut once it’s done, but like the 417a2 it’ll be a bit. 

My update is a tad less exciting than @SeniorSpaz87's update lol... suffice to say I may have just pulled the trigger on yet another TM recoil but this time a 416D.. I figured I'd just add a suppressor (already have), a vertical grip (already have) and a delta stock (need to find someone selling one) and voila I have a DEVGRU.. (blame Seal Team on SKY....meh)

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

@SeniorSpaz87 go away you're not allowed to play anymore 😉

Seeeing as there aren't any pics of proof required... I've got GPMG, an Apache in the post, and last one I promise a AC 130H 😁

I'm with Dave on this, without pics it didn't happen, especially the paint jobs, we need to check your work 😏

He has pics of his helmet (Giggedy giggedy) in the loadout thread

2 hours ago, Davegolf said:

@SeniorSpaz87 go away you're not allowed to play anymore 😉

Seeeing as there aren't any pics of proof required... I've got GPMG, an Apache in the post, and last one I promise a AC 130H 😁

Did the Apache come with a teepee and some bow and arrows? 🤔

1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

Did the Apache come with a teepee and some bow and arrows? 🤔

No, but it is a Longbow 😉

56 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Edit: and guinea pigs 🥰

Zj1w9sF.jpg

Moving targets? Bored of silhouettes?? 😁

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Tackle said:

I'm with Dave on this, without pics it didn't happen, especially the paint jobs, we need to check your work 😏

Pics of the first two helmets are already posted in Loadouts. Ill post the third once the attachments are here. My NODs are also in the pic. My G28 you can see on my gunwall in Gun Pics in the top right. MP7 isnt here yet so no dice there; and the 417 isnt done so nogo there either. Everything else is either on its way or doesnt warrant a pic IMO. 😉

Well everyone’s purchases are way more exciting than mine. This weeks purchases have been limited to a new hop rubber and a can of tan Krylon spray paint.

On the upside this will give me something to do over the bank holiday weekend, but nowhere near as much fun as the posts above.

Got this a little while ago but Ive been doing some mod work to it so havent posted. This is a dboys scar H I got on sale from taiwan gun. After a bit of filing and work it now takes sr25 magazines as well as scar h mags. why you ask? Because the only midcaps that would fit otherwise are the bloody £20 each vfc ones. Now I can use the £7 cyma 120rd sr25 mags instead. Taiwan gun lowered the fps for me as I tend to enjoy running guns like this and my g3 as select fire battle rifles rather than dmrs. 

DSCF4883.JPG

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, HuttArmouries said:

Got this a little while ago but Ive been doing some mod work to it so havent posted. This is a dboys scar H I got on sale from taiwan gun. After a bit of filing and work it now takes sr25 magazines as well as scar h mags. why you ask? Because the only midcaps that would fit otherwise are the bloody £20 each vfc ones. Now I can use the £7 cyma 120rd sr25 mags instead. Taiwan gun lowered the fps for me as I tend to enjoy running guns like this and my g3 as select fire battle rifles rather than dmrs. 

Gotta love the BR Life. My buddy and I run around with 417s set up as BRs, and I’m in the process of making a 417a2 BR. Good fun. 

Anyway, had to go and get myself a birthday present. Flecktarn Crye pants and a custom cut Flecktarn short sleeve Crye Combat shirt are now ordered. Granted it’ll be like 4 months before I actually get them, but it’s not like I’ll be playing anytime soon...

I kinda went on a bit of a shopping spree...  

I bought myself a new gun...  i wanted a sniper rifle, but i didnt want to use the common VSR platform and i refused to pay for a novritch gun....    so i bought myself a Galaxy G31 from battlezone airsoft, and a CO2 conversion kit for the gun from patrolbase. 

I also bought myself a torch for my main gun (nuprol pioneer defender), a maintenance kit, chronograph, some .36g bbs, 2 spare mags for the G31, some targets, and a BB trap popup tent so i can do some plinking in my back garden without fear of ricochets

20200520_103908.jpg

20200521_071217.jpg

20200523_153945.jpg

20200523_154041.jpg

20200520_103659.jpg

39 minutes ago, Spartan09 said:

I kinda went on a bit of a shopping spree...  

I bought myself a new gun...  i wanted a sniper rifle, but i didnt want to use the common VSR platform and i refused to pay for a novritch gun....    so i bought myself a Galaxy G31 from battlezone airsoft, and a CO2 conversion kit for the gun from patrolbase. 

I also bought myself a torch for my main gun (nuprol pioneer defender), a maintenance kit, chronograph, some .36g bbs, 2 spare mags for the G31, some targets, and a BB trap popup tent so i can do some plinking in my back garden without fear of ricochets

20200520_103908.jpg

20200521_071217.jpg

20200523_153945.jpg

20200523_154041.jpg

20200520_103659.jpg

Id bin those shit bbs off right away if I was you. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators
On 25/05/2020 at 10:44, E21A said:

Id bin those shit bbs off right away if I was you. 

Yep. This.

@Spartan09 - I wouldn't feed my enemies those BBs. Return them or bin them. You'll have nothing but trouble with them.

• Mostly Retired Moderators
12 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Bargain of the Lockdown, genuine mil-spec Magpul MOE Fixed carbine stock for an absolute steal

And of course they're out of stock now :D

23 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Not sure what you mean. Still looks like a stock to me

• Moderators
3 hours ago, L3wisD said:

same with the new ICS CES MP5..... no rush, i cant use it anywhere anyway!