The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

5 minutes ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

Is this any good?

I had a dream last night where I was running round with a 416. I am taking that as an omen and I now need to buy one.

Somehow I don't think that excuse will hold up to scrutiny 😂

2 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Somehow I don't think that excuse will hold up to scrutiny 😂

I don't think my dream will have the same sort of impact on a nation as that other guys dream had, but it may mean I will end up with another rif that I don't really need.

4 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

agreed, surely with the mount that must weigh as much as the rest of the pistol does.

plenty of decent mini red dots on the market these days.

Yeah I will get a smlaller one at some point, but it the sight pretty light.

Guest Airsoft J2

Lockdown is going to bankrupt me. I've had a bit of spare cash knocking around and decided to splash out...recent purchases have all been on the kit front rather than guns.

-a second TCA 152

-Invisio V50 dual comms kit with X5 headset

-two crye MBITR pouches for my AVS

-new Salomon boots

-Storm grip for my work-in-progress MWS-based L119A1

-Unobtanium NVG camera

-Reptilia windproof trousers (not for airsoft use)

I'm going to shut down my paypal account...

More things from Gunfire. 

Well MB02F sniper base as a backup to my long length MB09. £44

Well MB03AW Outlet (worn packaging) £36

SHS G36 Selector as a spare.

X2 SHS 14 tooth steel piston, one for XM8, one for M249

SHS MP5 Nozzle (For M249)

X2 Grenade pouches in black. 

ML 60 degree decepticon bucking for VSR

Element Shim set to make VSR Hop arm shims. 

SHS v2 tappet for M249

CYMA M4 sling adapter, for M16

Shiny stuff directly from AirsoftPro.cz

- AirsoftPro striker piston

- Utterly Useless AirsoftPro m110 spring (single piston wasn't available so had to buy the bundle)

- JJ Airsoft T1 killflash

- JJ Airsoft QD low riser for my other dot

- A super tiny elasticated thingy to go on my mk23 so I can avoid losing magazines

- M-Lok rail covers for the ARP

P_20200421_120712_vHDR_Auto.jpg

• Supporters

Bought one of those mini RMR sights a couple weeks back. Looks pretty good on the Glock and ACOG. 

aviary-image-1587464332512.jpeg

Two little hauls of goodies.

Have to return the E&C QD guide though... too many lugs for the CA shell from eBay 🥴

1735566365_ak2m4goodies.thumb.jpg.90b0807554df18ea9a94268e4645be42.jpg

31 minutes ago, Zarrin said:

Two little hauls of goodies.

Have to return the E&C QD guide though... too many lugs for the CA shell from eBay 🥴

1735566365_ak2m4goodies.thumb.jpg.90b0807554df18ea9a94268e4645be42.jpg

Looks awfully similar to many of my parcels in the past year. We must be cleaning up AK2M4's stock! Hoping he can get in more of those GP Motors but short shaft. Love that coppery finish. 

53 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Looks awfully similar to many of my parcels in the past year. We must be cleaning up AK2M4's stock! Hoping he can get in more of those GP Motors but short shaft. Love that coppery finish. 

Hehe I'm totally unapologetic about that mate :D

Yeah short shaft would be great - next overhaul project is my G36K which is still running a JG stock motor as far as I know.

Having said that the ZCI "high speed" short motor at @ak2m4 is 16TPA and actually is sold as ZCI's 'balanced' motor by some other stores - I have one powering my SVD and it has surprisingly snappy response @ M130 with 11.1v.

6 minutes ago, Zarrin said:

Hehe I'm totally unapologetic about that mate :D

Yeah short shaft would be great - next overhaul project is my G36K which is still running a JG stock motor as far as I know.

Having said that the ZCI "high speed" short motor at @ak2m4 is 16TPA and actually is sold as ZCI's 'balanced' motor by some other stores - I have one powering my SVD and it has surprisingly snappy response @ M130 with 11.1v.

Correct, that is what AK2M4 told me as well. Unfortunately I am after a 22TPA as I am looking for slower speed for an LMG build. 

49 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Correct, that is what AK2M4 told me as well. Unfortunately I am after a 22TPA as I am looking for slower speed for an LMG build. 

hmm Yeah, a 22tpa on a 7.4v should give an appropriate M60/PKM/GPMG style "chug, chug, chug" effect  - what kind of LMG are you working on? 

Couple of bags of Geoffs. 40s to try in the new sniper plus a few free patches from outdoor and tactical 😁

13 minutes ago, Zarrin said:

hmm Yeah, a 22tpa on a 7.4v should give an appropriate M60/PKM/GPMG style "chug, chug, chug" effect  - what kind of LMG are you working on? 

A&K M249. Not looking for much more ROF then what I have now as I dont want to go so fast that it outruns the winding mag. 

14 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

A&K M249. Not looking for much more ROF then what I have now as I dont want to go so fast that it outruns the winding mag. 

Ah yes, I suppose that is a potential bottle neck you have to avoid with the winding mag. But yeah that should be the way to go, high torque motor, probably 7.4v.. hopefully netting you good trigger response without insane rof. Should help avoid that awful sound you hear from guns on the field which really have to churn over to get that first shot off.

Some bits arrived...

DSCN2119.thumb.JPG.58c5c8fbcde52ae67b0740670df40b38.JPGDSCN2121.thumb.JPG.81a3422375fd4f9b7c07bbec489ec498.JPG3414827_HelmetSmokey.thumb.jpg.7ccca5a6d30be1181103faa72636a882.jpg

Ex-demo A&K Garand for £180 from Gunfire -Extra wear by me ;) 

Used 1978 M1 helmet £20

Storage marked leather sling £16 -Extra wear by me :D

Dynatex Timed grenade £69

All inc post

...Duno where the rabbit came from?!?!?

Still waiting for some more stuff... 😆

I got two broken guns yesterday from that bb site that lots of people don't like, I like to try and fix things and see how things work. The rifle was a broken safety, the pistol is a faulty mag that I can't fix or don't know how too, its leaking from under the top rubber bit not valves, oh I like to spray things too lol 

IMG_20200422_104144.jpg

IMG_20200422_122434.jpg

IMG_20200423_072437.jpg

On 22/04/2020 at 14:27, Monkman said:

Well a while ago I was trying to figure out if I should get a TM Recoil or a Bolt Recoil...  Bought the TM Sopmod recoil and love it...but due to the COVID19 and saving money...got the Bolt M16A4 I also wanted.. :) :) :)  (Going for the USMC look, Got the GBASE repo ACOG from Firesupport and threw on my spare Gripod and one of my PEQ-15's....all to go with my M81 look)

Bolt M16A4.jpg

Ok, got the Deans connector on and it seems to like running on 11.1's not 7.4's.  Rifle is only shooting semi-automatic for some reason, flick to Full Auto and nothing, stays on semi...but this is fine as It's running @ 420fps on 0.2's.  Below is a pic of the hop set for 0.2 and showing just over 400fps.  I was thinking yesterday about how to set it to single shot only, so I guess something inside the gun made the choice for me.  I really need some open space though to run .28's & .3's through it though.   The recoil is brutal for an AEG, stronger than my TM Sopmod. :)

20200423_152423.jpg

Think it might be set to semi because it’s been used as dmr with those readings 

I bought this as a two-tone that hadn’t been fired in 2 years so got it for a good price. After a bit of blue paint removal and a strip down and refurb I ended up with this WE416 GBBR.

B80B6335-6D1F-4915-9A3E-90A4F2710088.jpeg