The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

4 hours ago, Lasbrisas17 said:

Yes, taken at night with cloud cover in my back garden, no lights or IR.

Blimey! That's actually pretty impressive....

On 10/03/2020 at 19:34, Steveocee said:

Just placed an order with X-Fire for a new PDI barrel. Good times.

Their custom length service is very handy. Ideal for some of the awkward models. 

22 hours ago, Skara said:

WE g17 mag

Maple Leaf 50° Decepticon rubber

Maple leaf I-Key.

All going into a TM G17.

Where did you get the I Key?

39 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Where did you get the I Key?

Emperion :)

they also have MR hops in stock.

next order I'll buy a couple to try out along with macarons, tensioners, a holster and a source hydration kit.

This quite possibly could be one of the best/worst purchases I have ever made. 

Musing with my tech the other day about the upgrading possibilities of the Umarex MTar X95 Plastic Polycarb gearbox LPAEG. Figured I might give it a go if the price is right. Figure the RC Motor can be replaced with a neo RC motor. Barrel can definitely be changed for a longer tightbore to bring up the 230 FPS up to 250-260. Sort out the compression and might even top 270 without changing the spring. Hop unit is on on/off only dealy, so will be looking at a setting to lift .25's or .28's. 

Managed to find one on a German site for only 42 Euros, 10 euros postage. A 5 euro discount for orders over 50 euros so grabbed an Element piston head whilst I was at it. 

Here are some internal photos of another one...

X95.thumb.png.2314467db4f0f868daa3ceae9f3a2b85.png

33995368_614779198857760_4966154458254802944_o.jpg

34063344_614779168857763_5256792532943110144_o.jpg

34119484_614779082191105_8241819121767940096_o.jpg

34138196_614779032191110_2969341600188071936_o.jpg

12 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

gut it and put more standard internals in it?

or if it's at least a standard size cylinder you could probably get an hpa to drop in.

Unlikely, a V6 gearbox might be possible, but will likely protrude out of the back. Many people online have asked if its possible, no one has confirmed or denied. 

However some people claim to have HPA'd it, though if I were to spend that sort of money I would need to sort out the Hop unit to be adjustable rather then On/Off. 

This is mostly for CQB or a lightweight (Only 1.2kg) sniper sidearm throwaround. As long as this hits out to 35 metres i'll be happy! 

43 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Unlikely, a V6 gearbox might be possible, but will likely protrude out of the back. Many people online have asked if its possible, no one has confirmed or denied. 

However some people claim to have HPA'd it, though if I were to spend that sort of money I would need to sort out the Hop unit to be adjustable rather then On/Off. 

This is mostly for CQB or a lightweight (Only 1.2kg) sniper sidearm throwaround. As long as this hits out to 35 metres i'll be happy! 

I would probably try and reinforce parts of the gearbox with a strong apoxy resin.. mind their doesn't seem to be all that much tolerance/space upfront where cracks are more likely to occur, (at least from the above photo) however even a thin layer in certain key locations could help.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Hmm, hard to judge just from pics but a v6 might well fit.

Hop could be tricky, maybe tdc mod it?

15 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

I am more stressed at how messy that guys room is!!

I have actually spoken to the same guy. He made it run on a 11.1v lipo and is still running 2 years on. In the end that, a Hop rubber change, barrel change and modification to the hop unit itself is all he did. 

There will be a build thread on this at somepoint I am sure! 

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

E7byHgI.jpg

Specna Arms SA-S03 in Olive green 😍

I heard on the grapevine you've got a bit of a love affair going on with all things specna 💋

Does the missus know about the other "woman" in your life ? 💔

1 hour ago, AngryDad223 said:

Where did you get this from? Thanks

Airsoft Pro from the Czech Republic. It's the first time I have ordered from them so I am rather impressed. Just got to fit the thing and put a few bb's through it at the weekend.

• Mostly Retired Moderators
3 hours ago, Tackle said:
3 hours ago, L3wisD said:

E7byHgI.jpg

Specna Arms SA-S03 in Olive green 😍

Read more  

I heard on the grapevine you've got a bit of a love affair going on with all things specna

I'm actually on the Specna Brand Ambassador team now 😎

Me and Angelo Di Vito look after the UK, and there's loads of us over Europe now. 

If you need any info or sneak snippets of news about anything Specna, just let me know 😁

Dtd holster for my mk23 and belt clip to attach it with. Hoping it will just squeeze onto the belt of my Alice webbing. But if not sure I can McGuyver a way around it 

TNT barrel and bucking combo for my mk23. 
now I just need to decide whether to leave the mk23 black or paint it up in some sort of woodland look

All this arrived today. The plan was to buy two spanners and an air nozzle. Ended up buying more stuff than I was planning to upgrade.  However, in my defence I managed to stop buying new gears and shims though lol. 

Edited by AlphaBear