The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Kryptek highlander leaf suit, not a 100% colour match to my field (at least in the pictures) but nothing a bit of spray paint can't fix.

I just hope it doesn't come with a free virus as a gift 

4 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Whats the magnifier like?

Works perfectly, resets and holds adjustment every time so far. I had to oil the hinge, but otherwise no issues. I’ll compare it to my buddies genuine one tomorrow night, but at £50 all in rather than £200 it’s a no brainier I think.

Remember I only target shoot or practical pistol, so damage isn’t an issue

Ordered a shoulder mic for the Baofeng.

Also got a message from an eBay seller I bought a leaf suit from telling me the delivery might be delayed because of the virus.

I demanded a free mask or a free virus as a compensation if the former isn't available.

(Jokes apart, he's been very professional, offering me a refund. Decided not to, waiting 10 more days isn't a problem)

3 hours ago, HELIflipper03 said:

How does it feel overall?

its solid build with razor like procession everything fits with no wobble , very sharp edges.  Feels amazing looks perfect.  Make me want leave it on display with box open. Shame they don't make spare crome co2 mags that comes with it.

I still not got around shooting it.  If its anything like the steel grp recon version. Just say i don't look at my monkey pot metal pistols in the same way.  Cost me dearly don't know when i get back on track but i think its was well worth the whole day of driving to get it. Just need find a  leather shoulder holster for it.  :D

Bought & sold them straight away, Crye Precision G3 All Weather Combat Pants 🧐

At least they hold their resale value I suppose.

I honestly prefer my TMC G3 clones in every way, strangely enough! Maybe I am just weird 😅

20200205_123932.jpg

Screenshot_20200205-124655_Gallery.jpg

• Supporters
2 hours ago, BigBlackGlock said:

I honestly prefer my TMC G3 clones in every way, strangely enough! Maybe I am just weird

Completely different type of materials end of the day, if you had some TMC All Weather clones also made from softshell fabric that would be the relevant comparison.  Personally I have a few All Weather/PCU/other softshell trousers for any sort of outdoor stuff through the colder and wetter part of the year, regular options for everything else.

51 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

Completely different type of materials end of the day, if you had some TMC All Weather clones also made from softshell fabric that would be the relevant comparison.  Personally I have a few All Weather/PCU/other softshell trousers for any sort of outdoor stuff through the colder and wetter part of the year, regular options for everything else.

Suppose so 😁 I'm sure there is a reason they're as sought after & reputable as they are, maybe I will pick up some normal G3s some time (if the price is right), but TMC will do me for now! They did look solidly put together though, will give them that

• Supporters

If the clone kit comes out good just hang on to it, the basic fabric Crye etc use isn't much different (same as some of the TMC stuff actually) so if the stitching holds you don't need anything better for airsoft.  If you want those cool-guy points and find some used for a good deal that's when it might make more sense if you're not on a huge budget (speaking generally).  I am personally of the opinion that the softshell stuff is a huge asset if you're out for a period in inclement weather but it's not like wet legs are gonna kill anyone in a 10-to-4 sunday skirmish.

On 03/02/2020 at 12:26, rocketdogbert said:

Clone Vortex UH-1 to compare to the RS I already own, and a clone Vortex 3x magnifier

FB43FBB6-DBF9-4DC4-9BD6-A01CE3419FB2.jpeg

61083F6F-D993-4A40-B253-D57E4133F6FB.jpeg

Don't suppose you still have a link to that set, do you? Does the UH-1 clone have the correct reticle?

• Mostly Retired Moderators
13 minutes ago, Danie1 said:

It is indeed. Do you have one? 

I have an SA-C05 the polymer body version.

I also have a Specna Arms One Series (SA-B12) and a Specna Arms Edge SA-E12.

I'll soon have one of the new J-Series (AKs) as well.

Specna Arms 🥰

(In the interests of transparency - I'm a Specna Arms brand ambassador.

If you need any help, give me a shout ;) )