The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

ARP externals have been delivered.

The rail is utter crap though.

P_20191219_130623_vHDR_Auto_1[1].jpg

Replacement TM FNX.45 lower arrived from Japan today, so
i now have another, brand new, unused TM FNX

Does anybody know if there is any stock left in the UK?

C459D819-D4CC-4688-8B5B-EC1DFBB6FA5F.jpeg

3 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Replacement TM FNX.45 lower arrived from Japan today, so
i now have another, brand new, unused TM FNX

Does anybody know if there is any stock left in the UK?

C459D819-D4CC-4688-8B5B-EC1DFBB6FA5F.jpeg

Wolf armouries have them in I believe 

On 19/12/2019 at 13:43, Skara said:

ARP externals have been delivered.

The rail is utter crap though.

P_20191219_130623_vHDR_Auto_1[1].jpg

Not a fan of those Octarms rails either, I bought one for a project and got rid..... 

48 minutes ago, E21A said:

I meant it terms of build quality and feel? 

it’s a totally different gun, made of thin polymer and thin alloy, feels nothing like a TM/WE/KJW or any other Glock, including the all the Umarex Glocks I’ve owned.

Feels solid enough, has a lovely kick for a tiny gun, build quality is not up to TM standards, and it’s based upon the KWA Glock system, not TM either.

Should be fine as a sock gun, Wouldn't hold out much hope For additional mags though lol 

2 bags of this https://www.military1st.co.uk/ac-ghf-pp-03-helikon-ghillie-fiber-yarns-us-woodland.html

Yes I know burlap is cheaper and you cna dye your own for cheaper but when you've bought the burlap and taken hours to separate it and then bought different colour dyes and taken the time for that then this doesn't work out as badly as you'd think.

Also as it is synthetic it is stated it won't go up in flames like real burlap would do (ideal incase pyro gets thrown on you).

Just ordered a Visionking 1.25-5x26 short dot from Ebay and a copy Geissele mount from AliExpress after seeing one on someone else's gun further up this thread (probably this same page).  Will try it on my Sopmod and then it'll end up on the DMR build I've got planned for next year.

• Supporters

The chunkiest pistol red dot on the thiccest pistol.  That's a setup for a main film character, coming to you in 2020.

4 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Nice, how do you find it for acquiring the dot?

All the reviews I've seen out of the states sat easier than an RMR/Delta point etc, it's a tube so you have something to line up/look down vs a flat plain.  I know I've struggled a bit fishing for the dot shooting real handguns with RMRs, but I fired a Glock with a 6-second mount and a T-1 once and that was easier.

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

The chunkiest pistol red dot on the thiccest pistol.  That's a setup for a main film character, coming to you in 2020.

All the reviews I've seen out of the states sat easier than an RMR/Delta point etc, it's a tube so you have something to line up/look down vs a flat plain.  I know I've struggled a bit fishing for the dot shooting real handguns with RMRs, but I fired a Glock with a 6-second mount and a T-1 once and that was easier.

Yeah, i'd heard the tube was meant to be a bit quicker/easier, plus its a bit more weatherproof.

58 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Clone Aimpoint ACRO turned up today, would have been rude not to fit it

FD079293-8C56-4354-858C-2F72F2164835.jpeg.77fae0474b2727f7fddbdfc1b83d70f9.jpeg

Where did you buy it from?

• Supporters
1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

Seems alright so far, won’t competition shoot until the new year though 👍🏻

Fair enough, be interested to see how it goes.

I'm not a fan of red dots on pistols but maybe might consider treating the hicapa at some point.

3 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Fair enough, be interested to see how it goes.

I'm not a fan of red dots on pistols but maybe might consider treating the hicapa at some point.

As  you can probably see, it’s large, but it’s meant to be militarised, so kind of suits the FNX.

I’ve run a few mags through it, zero seems pretty stable

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

As  you can probably see, it’s large, but it’s meant to be militarised, so kind of suits the FNX.

I’ve run a few mags through it, zero seems pretty stable

Yeah, its not as sleek as some of the others, but then as you say the design is meant to be practical.