The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Just now, Monkman said:

Hmmm...thanks for the heads up  Just thought i'd check that out myself....but these ones are genuine.  :)

They work great btw...sound amplification is better than my Earmor.  (Will see how they get on next weekend in the tunnels and rampant flashbang use.)

Awesome, glad you said that because I fancy a pair of these myself. :) In the basket they go....

TM 5.1 Hicapa, totally stock, first gas gun, can see what all the hype is about after taking it for a skirmish yesterday. Admittedly my son and I put more rounds down the chrono range than we did in game but it is a lovely bit of kit right out of the box.

A8100624-4EEB-4090-80A0-78F855CBC193.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

A northeast GBB sten.

No idea if they're even any good. 

Latest model, or firs gen? Either way, a friend of a friend has one, very nice looking and feeling gun

Just now, rocketdogbert said:

Latest model, or firs gen? Either way, a friend of a friend has one, very nice looking and feeling gun

The latest one with the wire stock

Decided as I’ll end up doing more CQB and I quite like my hearing I would get myself some decent comms capable ear pro. I was considering going for Earmors but in the end decided on going for peltors due to reading so many bad reviews on Earmors as it would have ended up costing me the same after a few Earmor headsets and PTTs. 

87689435-A335-4C1A-B0CD-74E84A39151E.jpeg

4 hours ago, DopeYourScope said:

Decided as I’ll end up doing more CQB and I quite like my hearing I would get myself some decent comms capable ear pro. I was considering going for Earmors but in the end decided on going for peltors due to reading so many bad reviews on Earmors as it would have ended up costing me the same after a few Earmor headsets and PTTs. 

87689435-A335-4C1A-B0CD-74E84A39151E.jpeg

Good choice, worth the extra costs, also I would recommend gel cups they make wearing headsets so much more comfortable

51 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

When you say comfort, is that from a padding point of view or heat? I've got some ACM "Tomtacs" which make my ears feel like they're in a blast furnace after 20 minutes of jogging around.

As in, it stops any pressure points/headaches especially when wearing eye pro where the straps or temples get pressed against your head by the headset. The gel cups form around your goggles and they provide a better seal to stop any loud noises getting in. I don't think it would make it any hotter to wear but I don't get that issue personally.

• Supporters

I've spent a fair bit of time on ranges and in games with stock peltors, there's no one ideal solution.  The gels I've got hold in more heat and collect a lot of sweat in the trough at the bottom, but have cuts for the arms on your eye pro, put less pressure on your head and won't compress down to nothing over time like the stock foam.  The gel certainly wins when it comes to cutting noise, I've had some painful gunshots come through gaps between my eye pro arms and stock foam pads.

4 minutes ago, Lozart said:

New tactical plastic!

KCfaF7Wv9BPPfrQpkevGAgCYcitf63EqIxTp5gHZJeq72LdoXBnJbstsDaCTVia8XTilA-gmUjLj30AUnBHLuervWNq3fRRea5UkMFJM21d1M5X8pBRY3Vv5p5gMXpdI4KrTnJLUTSA_IGIUEIhKobjiIAM2yiDOryvM-VIR18YRoVd6QI3KFNmS73lNEDW98Ayf6g69eWlgM97iTjqFA5IvSgHIvzu3Rhi-kRhYi7E3LU480qAOIu7tyTJmjHcmC5vEvxqfuHIaALRILjk9rbYXF1tZY0epJm3KX3-vILR6R3qp0DKD4H95c75YmVle0JH6Zh6Bsg93p5ZB7otBChTJNqgSwnKLwHnJjSYztjvPKo-FOrhWw8U_tWLPPN11alMh8euKEsi_eZ6J2UxK7Lt19ZS-y9ZiHlfwiKlAkhLAMsKgXENSKEoV0VyOyDaiTQ0N6LYPdPwsLXlvR3gzGYcDzeBJcJqgL_Z9b0t4YpaFzzgBXc8L1vSyJqd_p7cbx6gY8JHP5tnvpgmv53J4pvxOf_JY0jzGMJxtZS56ByOmSRaxwBnGjWpW6pY2UrsT5yEt9BRLdXdUG6QVPdmoME_lfAHR_cSVsKTSyHKYtpVl2DQjN0bPFJnWunWuo4eGTbT-720n3LoqH-D3O5h3yh-Lq6vguQ5qzCEFZhjfiW3Vo3pwdy-tpw4=w709-h945-no

I'm just curious as to if where you got this also does other Unity Tactical products? I want to get one of their risers!

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Sawyer said:

I'm just curious as to if where you got this also does other Unity Tactical products? I want to get one of their risers!

It was from Act In Black. As I understand it they're the EU distributor so drop them a line through the contact form on their website and I'm sure they'll be happy to help. Do haggle on delivery though, they wanted 40 odd Euros to deliver that originally!

22 minutes ago, Lozart said:

It was from Act In Black. 

Great stuff, I see to remember seeing them mentioned under distributors on the UT website, I must have failed to find it all on the AiB site. 

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Swapped my FNX for a KWA Vector plus some cash, so had to go and buy another FNX 😈

While I personally think they’re shit, how did you swap a pistol for a vector AND cash?😂

Just now, Wo1f said:

While I personally think they’re shit, how did you swap a pistol for a vector AND cash?😂

lol, cash from me you daft sod. Then sold the spares that came with the Vector and bought another FNX.

Trophy piece for me as always, I don’t skirmish😎

41 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

lol, cash from me you daft sod. Then sold the spares that came with the Vector and bought another FNX.

Trophy piece for me as always, I don’t skirmish😎

😂 having a brain fart. It’s been a long day...

you really rate the FNX? I want one, just not sure if the mags will fit in my esstac Kywi pistol pouches

• Supporters
50 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

I don’t skirmish

Dude, what never ?, Why ?😲

52 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

😂 having a brain fart. It’s been a long day...

you really rate the FNX? I want one, just not sure if the mags will fit in my esstac Kywi pistol pouches

Ngl I read it the same as you and was also confused