The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Tackle said:

Did they not do a larger caliber version ?, thought it was at least 9mm, .22 seems almost pointless in that kinda setup

As mentioned by hitman, they did, muzzle energy with 9 is 'more' than 22 but range would still be similar (i.e. very little, 2-300m range tops and with extreme arc) whereas you could push a Minimi to over a K in the right circumstances.  Muzzle velocity on 556 is a whole different league as you know.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, TheFull9 said:

As mentioned by hitman, they did, muzzle energy with 9 is 'more' than 22 but range would still be similar (i.e. very little, 2-300m range tops and with extreme arc) whereas you could push a Minimi to over a K in the right circumstances.  Muzzle velocity on 556 is a whole different league as you know.

Lol, obviously I didn't mean it genuinely was a match for a 249, I meant it was a bit of a revelation in the "gangsta armoury", with its high ammo capacity & rate of fire.

On 12/10/2019 at 08:05, Cromulon1994 said:

Bought a couple of harder to find bits. 

Been searching for the calico m1000 for a few years but only recently set up a contact in Japan who's willing to ship juicy things out. 

The calico is sat in customs while they figure how much lube they're going to use, and I found a goblin deuce as a bit of an impulse buy. 

The photos are from the guy that's sent it over from Osaka. I can't wait to actually have it. 

And it will be skirmished. 

received_407887856458319.jpeg

received_498565664059616.jpeg

Can your man in Japan source any Western Arms Beretta 1934's?! Thanks!

3 hours ago, Dentonboy said:

Can your man in Japan source any Western Arms Beretta 1934's?! Thanks!

Probably. But it's early days currently. 

Looking at getting a few jac ar18s and some tm uzis over next. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators
6 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Bit the bullet and got myself one of these

Mate. I am so incredibly jealous. You have no idea!

What I wouldn't do for one of those.

12 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Mate. I am so incredibly jealous. You have no idea!

What I wouldn't do for one of those.

Yeah, I've been holding off for a couple of years but seen that they're getting harder to find in stock for under £300 so thought this will be my Xmas present this year 🤩

Head over to BBguns4less and put it in your basket for 24hrs to get the 7% discount ;)

£278 and getting rarer by the day...

Some 'Olive Drab' paint and off you go :D

1 hour ago, EDcase said:

Yeah, I've been holding off for a couple of years but seen that they're getting harder to find in stock for under £300 so thought this will be my Xmas present this year 🤩

Head over to BBguns4less and put it in your basket for 24hrs to get the 7% discount ;)

£278 and getting rarer by the day...

Some 'Olive Drab' paint and off you go :D

Saw one of the screen used ones earlier this year

IMG_20190211_142607.jpg

Been on a wee bit of a splurge.

Tokyo Marui MWS and 3 extra mags

Complete set of Irish Army camo - which is really expensive and rare as its illegal for anyone in Ireland to sell it or wear it unless in the Irish military.  The Irish Government also holds the licence so only Arktis do any copies as they supply the Army Ranger Wg and its really expensive from them.  £85 for a pair of trousers!!

The smock I picked up is much much better than our issued British kit, waterproof lined from the get go.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

Been on a wee bit of a splurge.

Tokyo Marui MWS and 3 extra mags

Complete set of Irish Army camo - which is really expensive and rare as its illegal for anyone in Ireland to sell it or wear it unless in the Irish military.  The Irish Government also holds the licence so only Arktis do any copies as they supply the Army Ranger Wg and its really expensive from them.  £85 for a pair of trousers!!

The smock I picked up is much much better than our issued British kit, waterproof lined from the get go.

Now you need an aug to make the loadout complete 👍

46 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Now you need an aug to make the loadout complete 👍

Did consider it, but going for a Ranger Wg loadout and they use M4s and 416ds. Plus I don't like AUGs

• Supporters
1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

Did consider it, but going for a Ranger Wg loadout and they use M4s and 416ds. Plus I don't like AUGs

I love the Augs,  but hate the triggers, so flogged mine.🤔

Tan Fab Defense G21 holster for my Glock, fits like a glove and delivery from Israel was just over a week.

Hmm, I wonder if this'll put me on a watch list somewhere??? 😎

Cytac molle adapter for my dtd.

But guess what, it doesn't fit my Emerson belt because its molle is off spec on the sides (has small panels instead of a uninterrupted strip of nylon)..

So I guess I'm going to sell the belt and look for another one -.-

Or I could mod the adapter, cheaper and easier option really..

3 hours ago, Skara said:

Cytac molle adapter for my dtd.

But guess what, it doesn't fit my Emerson belt because its molle is off spec on the sides (has small panels instead of a uninterrupted strip of nylon)..

So I guess I'm going to sell the belt and look for another one -.-

Or I could mod the adapter, cheaper and easier option really..

I'd definitely go with the modding.

This is kinda why I vowed to stay away from replica gear for the most part. You spend your money, and you get something that's either out of spec from the word go, or lasts about a month, and then you buy another.

Cheaper genuine gear will usually trump cheaper replicas trying to be gucci bits of kit. You might spend a little more, say £45 vs £20, but if you're only buying it once, it's worth it.

11 minutes ago, Sawyer said:

I'd definitely go with the modding.

This is kinda why I vowed to stay away from replica gear for the most part. You spend your money, and you get something that's either out of spec from the word go, or lasts about a month, and then you buy another.

Cheaper genuine gear will usually trump cheaper replicas trying to be gucci bits of kit. You might spend a little more, say £45 vs £20, but if you're only buying it once, it's worth it.

Everything I have on that belt (apart from 2 pouches) is RS btw xD

Since I'm ignorant and uneducated, I just zip tied the adapter onto the belt :P

problem solved, and when I finally find a decent real steel belt that fits my needs, I will still have an unmodded adapter to use :)

6 minutes ago, Skara said:

Everything I have on that belt (apart from 2 pouches) is RS btw xD

Nothing ignorant or uneducated about zip ties (and various types of tape!) After my clumsy arse stripped screws out of my stock tube on my TM, that was held together with a combination of both for a while!

Not trying to be a snob or anything like that, just stung too many times by Chinese products!